• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Connecticut Player Finder: We're better than you <3

Budai578

Smash Apprentice
we can has mezkin for din-din???
On the Border is like 20 mins away from Vernon, so we could maybe go there on the way home or something. I'll look for a Mexican place in/near Vernon and we can go there tomorrow mebbe. I haven't had good Mezkin food in a while... best I can get is Moe's.

Okay, Budai. I wish I didn't have so much stuff to do tomorrow. I'm not going. Sorry. We'll play again soon though...hopefully.
You going to 8esticle? I get to practice against Hazy's sheik tomorrow so I should be prepared for battle next time we play.

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
Haha, more like I should be prepared for our next battle. Someday I'll beat that falco of yours, watch out!

I can't go to 8esticle either. :(

I totally owned Khaly.

Hazygoose

Smash Lord
On the Border is like 20 mins away from Vernon, so we could maybe go there on the way home or something. I'll look for a Mexican place in/near Vernon and we can go there tomorrow mebbe. I haven't had good Mezkin food in a while... best I can get is Moe's.

You going to 8esticle? I get to practice against Hazy's sheik tomorrow so I should be prepared for battle next time we play.
yeah, i need to practice sheik/fox/jiggly, KOS-MOS has ordered i play them and no one else until VLS :D

also, moe's isn't too bad. i only say that because there's not even a moe's in middletown. anything works, i'll just be excited to have real food :p

oneangrysquirrel

Smash Apprentice
crap...hazy told me about the meetup tomorrow but unfortunately i'm gonna be finishing up my presentation for my 7pm seminar...so i won't be able to make it.

I wanna thank cookie for letting us play at his place yesterday that was fun....budai we need to do more crazy comeback falco vs. peach matches.

also, am i crazy for really wanting that green and yellow controller...REP I'LL BUY IT FROM YOU!!!!!!!!

oneangrysquirrel

Smash Apprentice
lol you just realized this? or you had me tell you that i was joking but then we both realized we haven't seen a tilt move in any video or update

anyway...i wanted everyone's advice on something...i need a new tv (something to play brawl,melee and Halo 3) and i was wondering if i should rule out all lcd's cause of lag...and will they lag brawl as well?

if so and lcd screens are out of the question...what is a reasonably priced tv (no thousand dollar tv's please) type that i should look into...anything that could possibly be HD so that halo 3 looks awemaztastic?

Budai578

Smash Apprentice
also, moe's isn't too bad. i only say that because there's not even a moe's in middletown. anything works, i'll just be excited to have real food :p
I've looked into it a bit... there's a Taco Bell right down the street, a Moe's about 10 mins away, and a couple random Mexican places in the same direction as Moe's. Maybe I'll write down directions to a few places and we can see about going tomorrow for dinner.

I wanna thank cookie for letting us play at his place yesterday that was fun....budai we need to do more crazy comeback falco vs. peach matches.
Yes tyvm to Cookie indeed, much appreciated. More Falco vs. Peach would be good, I need some practice with that matchup. Fun times in teams too, hah.

So, I just watched American Psycho on a whim.

I'm officially kind of confused.

But pretty entertained.
Yeah, that was definitely an... interesting... movie. I couldn't tell whether I should laugh or cry half the time when I was watching it.

Silas06

Smash Apprentice
lol you just realized this? or you had me tell you that i was joking but then we both realized we haven't seen a tilt move in any video or update

anyway...i wanted everyone's advice on something...i need a new tv (something to play brawl,melee and Halo 3) and i was wondering if i should rule out all lcd's cause of lag...and will they lag brawl as well?

if so and lcd screens are out of the question...what is a reasonably priced tv (no thousand dollar tv's please) type that i should look into...anything that could possibly be HD so that halo 3 looks awemaztastic?
mario up tilts snake in the snake intro vid. then snake recovers retardedly fast and fairs him.

Silas06

Smash Apprentice
what the **** 0_o

also, the gif shouldn't have been made with the freeze frames lasting so long. I just want to watch the air dodge in full motion.

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
Me, I always kind of wondered what the competitive scene would have been like without wavedashing. Maybe I've got my wish in brawl. Sucks that probably half the community is going to end up leaving because brawl isn't melee 2, but I'm sure for every one person that leaves two will pop up to fill places.

Solid Jake

The Arcanum
the game will remain competitve without wavedashing, but i do think wavedashing adds alot
itll be interesting ot see if its there or not.

back to death notes lul

Silas06

Smash Apprentice
"Now watch in full motion"
I'm sorry, I should have said I wanted to watch it over and over, without having to wait through the long freezes in the demonstration segment of the gif. I did watch it a few times, but it just took longer than I think it should have.

Wavedashing adds a lot to melee, and inside melee it's very important. I don't understand how you could deny that.

Cort

Apple Head
The only good purpose wavedashing serves is waveshining.

That's.. it. That I can think of.

Everything else can be done with dash dances.

Silas06

Smash Apprentice
The only good purpose wavedashing serves is waveshining.

That's.. it. That I can think of.

Everything else can be done with dash dances.
That makes me laugh.

You say that as if you never wavedash yourself, and never use it for any reason.

Cort

Apple Head
I can imagine myself never wavedashing and still accomplishing like 95% of whatever I wanted to do with any character except Fox.

If it's gone in Brawl it'll just be one less thing you can't do in between kills. :(

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
That makes me laugh.

You say that as if you never wavedash yourself, and never use it for any reason.
The only characters where I think WDing is important is ICs and Luigi, since their WD is faster than their run. Everyone else...you can perform everything (except for the aforementioned waveshine) without wavedashing.

Top Bottom