• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Connecticut Player Finder: We're better than you <3

thumbswayup

Smash Master
Hey hey Mark Hamill's Joker *****, I grew up listening to that maniacal laugh.

Ryan what are your thoughts on the whole King's Speech being censored for a PG-13 rating thing

thumbswayup

Smash Master
Cog I hope you're not serious. I'm a bigger film nerd than Seb.

I just usually keep that isht to myself.
BRING IT

Nah I don't know if you are or aren't, it doesn't really matter. We both love and appreciate cinema and that's what matters.

Batman TAS ***** really hard I used to love it.
it's ****ing bull**** Harvey Weinstein can ****ing go **** himself
I think our country needs to get it's panties out of a bunch about the word ****.
It's what drives me nuts about the rating system, you can show tons of explicit violence and torture in a PG-13 movie, but the MOMENT you show ANY sort of nudity/semi-erotic scene OR have two many swear words in the same half hour BAM you're grouped in the R category. Look at Taken, it got by with PG-13, and how many people did Liam Neeson kill? How many scenes of coked up dead hookers did we see? OH NO 12 year olds can see all that and absorb it BUT GOD FORBID they hear the word **** for the FIRST time in a theater! They act as if kids don't go out in public at all and hear these words, or even from their parents at times. **** is so stupid. King's Speech is like, guaranteed to make a younger viewer a better person, but nah Colin Firth spending a minute swearing automatically makes him a bad person and therefore a bad influence on kids. They totally aren't going to remember the themes of friendship and conquering your weaknesses over the F word. The first thing they'll do after they see the movie is go into school the next day and publicly curse out their teacher.

HollaAtchaBoy

Smash Master
They totally aren't going to remember the themes of friendship and conquering your weaknesses over the F word. The first thing they'll do after they see the movie is go into school the next day and publicly curse out their teacher.
I mean, if I were twelve, that's really the first thing I would do.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
I guess that's the point though, right? Like, a case of extremely bad behavior like murder, ****, torture, w/e, is obviously wrong to children, whereas something minor like saying bad words is something that they see no harm in and thus feel OK about imitating? I guess? I dunno, I can sorta see where an argument like that would be coming from.

Still think it's pretty stupid though.

Zombie Lucille Ball

Smash Master
It's what drives me nuts about the rating system, you can show tons of explicit violence and torture in a PG-13 movie, but the MOMENT you show ANY sort of nudity/semi-erotic scene OR have two many swear words in the same half hour BAM you're grouped in the R category. Look at Taken, it got by with PG-13, and how many people did Liam Neeson kill? How many scenes of coked up dead hookers did we see? OH NO 12 year olds can see all that and absorb it BUT GOD FORBID they hear the word **** for the FIRST time in a theater! They act as if kids don't go out in public at all and hear these words, or even from their parents at times. **** is so stupid. King's Speech is like, guaranteed to make a younger viewer a better person, but nah Colin Firth spending a minute swearing automatically makes him a bad person and therefore a bad influence on kids. They totally aren't going to remember the themes of friendship and conquering your weaknesses over the F word. The first thing they'll do after they see the movie is go into school the next day and publicly curse out their teacher.
you should watch This Film is Not Yet Rated.

I guess that's the point though, right? Like, a case of extremely bad behavior like murder, ****, torture, w/e, is obviously wrong to children, whereas something minor like saying bad words is something that they see no harm in and thus feel OK about imitating? I guess? I dunno, I can sorta see where an argument like that would be coming from.

Still think it's pretty stupid though.
you just broke my brain

Zombie Lucille Ball

Smash Master
Yeah sex is definitely worse. And it's actually a lot worse if it's gay sex too. They examine that in that movie... they show two almost identical oral sex scenes and the straight one got an R and the lesbo one nc17. whack.

Budai578

Smash Apprentice
Yeah sex is definitely worse. And it's actually a lot worse if it's gay sex too. They examine that in that movie... they show two almost identical oral sex scenes and the straight one got an R and the lesbo one nc17. whack.
Speaking of oral sex scenes, I share my birthday with Peter North.

Is that good or bad?

thumbswayup

Smash Master
<3

OH and apparantly The Roomate contains animal cruelty (a kitten being killed) and it slided by with a PG-13. Kitten being murdered = pg-13, Colin Firth says **** = R, makes sense.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
Does the murder happen on screen? [Y/N]

If Y, BULL****.

If N, does Colin Firth say **** on screen? [Y/N]

If Y, then FAIR.

If N, BULL****.

Time for bed.
-DD

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
We don't want kids to be getting any ideas about becoming gay!

And no, I'm not just quoting something so that my sig comes up...

ok, I lied, I totally am.

thumbswayup

Smash Master
Gosh you'd think Wes had a thing for Corgis

If she puts the kitten in a dryer how is that not terrifying in the mind of a kid? At least they'll laugh at Colin Firth's f word rant. Everything in boxing is backwards

noodles

Smash Champion
theres plenty of other things in the movie thatd be bad for kids. by 13 most kids are already *******s and would probably be able to handle it though

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
what the **** I can't stop staring at your sig what were we talking about again
lol, I know the sig is the highlight of the new mogwai, but I'm also madly in love with my avatar.

[16:25] Wesley Ruttle: yo, my avatar takes himself really seriously too
[16:25] Wesley Ruttle: if he didn't though, it wouldn't work
[16:26] BScar87: LOL
[16:26] Wesley Ruttle: it's really good, he looks serious and disapproving, but in an almost pitiful way like, "i want to expect better of you, but I know better than that"

Top Bottom