• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Connecticut Player Finder: We're better than you <3

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
Okay.

Name things I could be allergic to in my bed, because I'm now regretting having come home now that my entire body feels like a balloon of pain.
-DD

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
so my Grandmother died on Friday morning. we've been dealing with her impending death for the past month or so, so while my family is sad for the loss, it was expected and not shocking. I'm likely to turn into a bit of an alcoholic for the next few weeks, so please excuse any drunken ramblings I expose the CT thread to.

on that note, I have no idea why the Kid's are alright got the hype it did. Is seeing a lesbian couple headed family really so groundbreaking that we have to nominate this film for an Oscar despite it being pretty forgettable with a really unsatisfactory conclusion? I dunno, maybe it's just that I had a few beers in me when I watched it, but man, I was really expecting more for the movie, especially as it wound down.

Afterwards I watched the Social Network and was very amused by it and got happy about life again.

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! &lt;
Sorry for the loss Wes *hug*

Social Network was the **** and the score was ILL

Thanks for the review on The Kids Are Alright..was curious about that one and was surprised that it got the attention it did...if anyone else saw it, I'd like a second opinion before I waste my time :)

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
eh, alcoholic by my standards is just getting pretty drunk and playing LoL every night. I don't black out and I don't do ******** **** like drive while drunk, no worries.
I dunno man, I imagine drunk LoL would get kinda dangerous. You might end up trying to be some sort of Teemo tank in ranked.

Alternatively, I wanna play with you if you're drunk and using any sort of communication program, as long as you don't yell at me for being a noob. D:
-DD

wWw Dazwa

#BADMAN
My condolences, Wes.

HAB, the smash players that I know are going are myself, Solid Jake, Sleepy, OBM, Buuman, Fatal, Gower, and Boxman.

trademark0013

Smash Champion
on that note, I have no idea why the Kid's are alright got the hype it did. Is seeing a lesbian couple headed family really so groundbreaking that we have to nominate this film for an Oscar despite it being pretty forgettable with a really unsatisfactory conclusion?
yep. anti-homophobia is the new anti-racism. i'm personally hoping anti-misogyny is the next movement. then anti-neoliberalism and finally anti-bureaucracy. but a man can only dream.......

in terms of movies, at least the anti racist ones were legit and at times, groundbreaking. when my fiancee told me about this movie it sounded like a bunch of documentaries and short films id watched in classes that came out er, um, time ago

and my condolences on ur loss.

Zombie Lucille Ball

Smash Master
so my Grandmother died on Friday morning. we've been dealing with her impending death for the past month or so, so while my family is sad for the loss, it was expected and not shocking. I'm likely to turn into a bit of an alcoholic for the next few weeks, so please excuse any drunken ramblings I expose the CT thread to.

on that note, I have no idea why the Kid's are alright got the hype it did. Is seeing a lesbian couple headed family really so groundbreaking that we have to nominate this film for an Oscar despite it being pretty forgettable with a really unsatisfactory conclusion? I dunno, maybe it's just that I had a few beers in me when I watched it, but man, I was really expecting more for the movie, especially as it wound down.

Afterwards I watched the Social Network and was very amused by it and got happy about life again.
Sorry to hear that Wes :( Hang in there.

Speaking of PAX, I couldn't/can't get a Saturday ticket, which makes me really sad, but I'm surprised I'd never heard of this http://portland.thephoenix.com/life...d-how-i-stopped-reading-pe/?page=1#TOPCONTENT
I suppose this could stir up a giant hornet's nest, but Poffy's gone so how bad could it be?

thumbswayup

Smash Master
Sorry for your loss Wes, death of a family member is never easy, even when it's expected.

I'm decent at best at LoL but I'm thinking about playing it again, haven't touched it in like 2 months. I really had the most fun with Master Yi.

And Rango was pretty awesome, way better than I expected. It was surprisingly sharp and funny.

HollaAtchaBoy

Smash Master
Shirley Temple's a legit drink. I happen to like ginger ale and grenadine generally makes everything better.

Besides, if I go to Denny's (a place so classy you can add cherry flavoring to any drink for 49 cents), I could just order ginger ale with grenadine and nobody would get on my *** for calling it a Shirley Temple.

Isn't a Roy Roger just a Cherry Coke anyway, really? :troll:

Zombie Lucille Ball

Smash Master
Grenadine tastes a lot different than whatever kind of raccoon piss they put in cherry coke. And I probably like Ginger Ale + Gren a lot better than Coke, I just can't order it with a straight face in public rofl.

Pakman

WWMD
BRoomer
I don't drink anything but Milk, Water, OJ, Gatorade and alcohol. I occasionally drink hot green tea after a meal.

I do not drink coffee, soda, energy drinks, or vitamin water(this includes other kool aid spin offs as well).

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
I tried to drop soda completely, but I still have it as an afternoon pick-me-up when I need caffeine later in the day. it's also a comfort drink that I return to when I'm feeling sad about something. It also ***** in Cuba Libres.

Other than that, I try to stick to coffee, water, milk, oj and beer.

Top Bottom