• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Connecticut Player Finder: We're better than you <3

Zombie Lucille Ball

Smash Master
This would be a good time to link George Carlin's thoughts on censorship.

You only make things like that worse when you don't keep your mouth shut
hmm...

Their response was completely expected. Their target audience aren't those feminist groups, its the people who use the word "****" in the way they use it, and aren't apologetic for it.
PAX specifically has always put an emphasis on inclusiveness. Feminists aren't allowed to read PA or attend PAX?

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
I understand where she's coming from.

I understand where Mogwai's coming from and wholeheartedly agree that the dudes from PA were being idiots about this whole damn thing.

I can see all sides of this issue.

I can't win.

Smooth Criminal

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
but while lots of people can view the joyous clash

only a niche group can partake in it

thumbswayup

Smash Master
It's pretty obvious I meant keep their opinion to themselves instead of voicing it with the intention of getting the comic removed/complaining about being offended.

I couldn't care less about that strip or PA in general, I never read any of their stuff before. It's the principle. Imagine if those kinds of people were allowed to change everything just cause they were angry about something that offended them which wasn't offensive at all. Just mentioning god or jesus or religion would get your comic/show/movie removed from the public. JESUS CHRIST LET'S BURN ALL THE BOOKS NEXT

Zombie Lucille Ball

Smash Master
wait wtf
tl;dr
i'm just presuming it was something lame as hell.

wait
so i'm guessing that
PA said a **** joke, X people/person got offended by said **** joke, and PA is attending PAX
PA founded and runs PAX. >_>

It's pretty obvious I meant keep their opinion to themselves instead of voicing it with the intention of getting the comic removed/complaining about being offended.

I couldn't care less about that strip or PA in general, I never read any of their stuff before. It's the principle. Imagine if those kinds of people were allowed to change everything just cause they were angry about something that offended them which wasn't offensive at all. Just mentioning god or jesus or religion would get your comic/show/movie removed from the public. JESUS CHRIST LET'S BURN ALL THE BOOKS NEXT
This would be a solid argument if the offended parties ever suggested PA should remove the comic and/or censor themselves. They didn't.
I don't see why any criticism or offense has to immediately turn into a censorship argument. No one is crying FREE-THOUGHT-NAZI!! at you when you complain about Michael Bay movies.

wWw Dazwa

#BADMAN
I randomly took a trip down memory lane, and discovered that...I played against Pakman in bracket at Pound 2. And I seriously don't remember this.

As far as ****wolves go - I don't think PA was in the wrong at all...until they made those hilariously awful PR moves. I don't typically care for political correctness to a large extent, but holy ****, they came up with the worst possible responses and chose them.

I'm still going to PAX, but I'm definitely going to avoid any ****wolf-related drama because I want nothing to do with it >_>

Pakman

WWMD
BRoomer
I randomly took a trip down memory lane, and discovered that...I played against Pakman in bracket at Pound 2. And I seriously don't remember this.

As far as ****wolves go - I don't think PA was in the wrong at all...until they made those hilariously awful PR moves. I don't typically care for political correctness to a large extent, but holy ****, they came up with the worst possible responses and chose them.

I'm still going to PAX, but I'm definitely going to avoid any ****wolf-related drama because I want nothing to do with it >_>
My pool was rough. I won a 3 way tie to get the last seed in my pool. I then went 2 and out. Your sheik completely outclassed me.

Good ****.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
Only one pool?!
rofl joke tournament.
Probably overbooked the hotel too.
-DD

wWw Dazwa

#BADMAN
There were two pools actually. I remember losing to Drephen in my first pool and KM in my second.

And Pakman, I remember playing against a Luigi but I feel like I should have remembered it was you :(

Papito

Smash Journeyman
i'm playin tomorrow....................................................................................................................................................................................yeah im lyin

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
>_> Doesn't seem like theres anything going on tomorrow...which sucks because I could actually go.
:[
-DD

Zombie Lucille Ball

Smash Master

*pound*

My pool was rough. I won a 3 way
*high five*

Japan seems pretty shook up.
-DD
I have friends over there -_-

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
I may or may not be going. Really depends on the HaileyM situation, because I gotta get back to school somehow.
-DD

blizzardbeam

Smash Cadet
i might go tommorow. Mansfield is kind of far from where i live. Isn't uconn right next to it? I don't think I can get some practice in today though gotta see some friends that just got back from spring break.

Top Bottom