• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Connecticut Player Finder: We're better than you <3

thumbswayup

Smash Master
Seb all you need to do is just keep this on your phone and condition yourself to watch it whenever you're offered a drink:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Us1GBC7vyeo
I can't even listen to it anymore, the vid is so painful that I only watched it once a long time ago and never again. I really can't believe it's still online, I guess I'm just going to have to kill korn

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
That's how 75% of my random queue matches go.

But 100% of my premade team matches are great.
Add in Skype/Vent/Teamspeak?
Too good.
And like 90% of them are wins. Lol.

-DD

Octave

Smash Ace
That's how 75% of my random queue matches go.

But 100% of my premade team matches are great.
Add in Skype/Vent/Teamspeak?
Too good.
And like 90% of them are wins. Lol.

-DD
Looks like I should've been playing with you.. if I cared anymore.
I've never touched that game. I think I'm okay.
You're probably better off that way. I tried just playing with friends and even that was fail after a while.

Pakman

WWMD
BRoomer
For real Cog, if you play it once or twice it could get its grasp on you.

Stay away.
Actually you should just play with me and Mogwai :D

S l o X

Smash Champion
trade i didnt even know you played. i don't have internet at my place so i only play when i go to my friends. whats your ign again?

thumbswayup

Smash Master
HAHAHHAHHAHHA

I don't know why but it makes me laugh so hard

One of my newer co-workers is a fellow cinephile, he's in his early 30s and has an incredible knowledge of film (and I work in the Center for Military History so there's never anyone who knows anything about film -_-). Anyway, we were discussing Full Metal Jacket and after I shared my thoughts on what I had seen, he stated it was Kubrick's intention to make me feel the way I did. I described the 2nd half of the film as uncomfortable and cringeworthy, and it got me to thinking, the abrubt change in the tone of that film couldn't have been accidental. But I would think even IF that was his intention, the movie still suffers from its emptiness. Now, I could be wrong about all this, so I'm going to watch the movie again at some point soon with that mentality. Maybe I'll appreciate it a bit more. Because I ****ing hated it when I first watched it

Zombie Lucille Ball

Smash Master
rofl that picture looks shopped it's so ridiculous.
HAHAHHAHHAHHA

I don't know why but it makes me laugh so hard

One of my newer co-workers is a fellow cinephile, he's in his early 30s and has an incredible knowledge of film (and I work in the Center for Military History so there's never anyone who knows anything about film -_-). Anyway, we were discussing Full Metal Jacket and after I shared my thoughts on what I had seen, he stated it was Kubrick's intention to make me feel the way I did. I described the 2nd half of the film as uncomfortable and cringeworthy, and it got me to thinking, the abrubt change in the tone of that film couldn't have been accidental. But I would think even IF that was his intention, the movie still suffers from its emptiness. Now, I could be wrong about all this, so I'm going to watch the movie again at some point soon with that mentality. Maybe I'll appreciate it a bit more. Because I ****ing hated it when I first watched it
He's right.

My stepsister's Corgi!:

(her BF)

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
cogsmooch will you be at pax

can we get drunk and pretend i'm a corgi

Zombie Lucille Ball

Smash Master
I want to go on Saturday but I don't have a mother****ing ticket. :(

Where are you guys staying? The Convention Center is in like... wasteland-ville.

edit: really frustrating part: I know two people with 3 day passes that aren't going because of the whole ****wolves thing and they would be offended if I tried to buy it off them to go. arg

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
D!ckwolves.

And they're seriously offended by that ****?
I think ****wolves was one of the funniest things I've ever seen from them.

People are too ****ing sensitive.
-DD

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
deck woulves

why would they be offended? tell them you don't like it either but your friend from georgia is attending and you would like to see him because he does not visit the northeast very often

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
deck woulves

why would they be offended? tell them you don't like it either but your friend from georgia is attending and you would like to see him because he does not visit the northeast very often
And that the both of you were going to go out for a rousing night of drinking and **** fighting, and then go watch roosters fight or something.
-DD

HollaAtchaBoy

Smash Master
I'm going all three days, Cog, but we're staying with my brother who lives a few towns outside of Boston.

We should def get together if we can, though. Any panels in particular you're going to?

Zombie Lucille Ball

Smash Master
I posted an article about the ****wolves thing a while ago but nobody commented: http://portland.thephoenix.com/life/116456-gaming-****-culture-and-how-i-stopped-reading-pe/

It's not about the actual comic itself (which I'm fine with - let's face it I'm a smasher every other word out of my mouth is ****), it's about the response to it. Some female-oriented blogs got offended by it (and by the larger issue of the use of the word "****" in gaming culture), and then PA reacted to that. The issue at hand is PA's reaction to the offended parties, which I personally think was childish, immature, butthurt and from a PR standpoint, ****ing stupid. But not enough to make me boycott PAX East.
I've vigorously stuck up for my friend who's not going because of this on her facebook page, so it would probably be a little weird to be like "Yeah you know that thing that you're passionate about and I supported you for? I don't actually feel that strongly about it lol" maybe. what do you guys think?

thumbswayup

Smash Master
This would be a good time to link George Carlin's thoughts on censorship.

Not being misogynistic here, but it's exactly the women who complain about these sort of things that actually leads to a lower view of women. ANd my god is that woman who wrote the article stupid. I like that the Penny Arcade guys choose an immature response to the complaints, because that's what they deserve. You only make things like that worse when you don't keep your mouth shut and move on with your life.

So there was a comic strip that mentions a **** to most likely male fantasy characters offscreen and isn't even the punchline. WHAT IN THERE IS OFFENSIVE AT ALL I ASK YOU? If they had a giant wolf with 17 ****s beating and ****** a defenseless woman and that was the joke THEN that would be INCREDIBLY offensive and awful. **** is a horrible crime, but the word itself used in that context should not evoke such a response. By their argument, any woman who's been ***** should never leave the house, cause every male they encounter in everyday life could **** them. Let's complain about that too, all males should have a curfew and not allowed to roam the streets after 9. Also they can't ever enter another woman's house without a cop present. Let's just go ahead and arrest every damn male that looks suspicious.

Like I said, they're just stupid overly sensitive people that like having something to complain about to remind everyone that they exist to ruin any sense of freedom in the first amendment.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
"Yeah you know that thing that you're passionate about and I supported you for? I don't actually feel that strongly about it lol" maybe. what do you guys think?
This seems like the perfect approach, imo. Maybe make it sound nicer.

Their response was completely expected. Their target audience aren't those feminist groups, its the people who use the word "****" in the way they use it, and aren't apologetic for it.

EDIT:
+ Everything Thumbs said, even if it was wildly off-topic.
-DD

thumbswayup

Smash Master
Alright! Consider it more of a general statement against censorship and the sensitive people that cause it. Group it up there with religion

Wes, yeah they could have been a little more tactful and understanding, but like I totally understand where they're coming from. You can't let a few people like that take control of things. Nothing funny would ever be on tv/the movies again if all the people who got offended by something were allowed to change things

Top Bottom