• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Connecticut Player Finder: We're better than you <3

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
ya whatever, its not like we didnt already know sakurai doesnt want to make another melee
I dunno...I'm just raging at the fact he sees melee as "too hard". Like...seriously. If you make a hard game, and its still fair and fun...then it's at the perfect difficulty level.
-DD

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
"You can't let yourself get preoccupied with nothing but gameplay and balance details. "
-Masahiro Sakurai, 2010.

As a game designer/developer, this guy gen's market pisses me off to no end.

4am talks with Dazwa on game theory is really soothing.
-DD

thumbswayup

Smash Master
Out of sheer random curiosity, what are people's thoughts on Starcraft 2 compared to 1? I don't play the game and know little about it, but do you guys think it's a lot easier than 1? I got into a debate about it with some friends who think sc2 is just as hard as sc1, and I'm not arguing that sc2 isn't hard, but how could it be as difficult as sc1? That game requires you to be a machine to excel at.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
mechanically speaking I find it equally difficult. The barriers for macro are different due to multiple building selection and auto-mining (make it easier) and chronoboost/mules/queens (make it harder). Units are smarter, making good micro more about microing hurt guys around and focus firing and less about making your units be less stupid (like goon micro in BW is just an exercise in making the dumb *******s actually move where you click them). I dunno, it just all feels different, I don't think one is necessarily harder than the other.

S l o X

Smash Champion
LoL is enjoyable and adicting. My laptop charger broke so I won't be playing until after mid-terms anywho. (Actually going to study!?)

I really want to play DoTa2 as well. Possible M11X?!

S l o X

Smash Champion
okay i lied, we're going to be potentially hosting a tourney in the first quarter of 2011. venue is around twice as big as HoG according to Zebra and apparently a bunch of supplied tvs from us.

potentially.

wish i could make it up to middletown. x]

Rep

Smash Apprentice
Better bring the Rhoto Hazy, you're going to need it to fight off the Pizza Fingers!

Hazygoose

Smash Lord
Better bring the Rhoto Hazy, you're going to need it to fight off the Pizza Fingers!
the battle between good and evil

for anyone wanting to play smash today...
my house! middletown 4pm-11pm
pm, im, or text me for my address (also number if you don't have it and need it) if you wanna come. :D

Octave

Smash Ace
kinda want to go.. but if I'm in middletown I'm probably gonna want to stay there since it's my brother's birthday tomorrow and I've already got plans for tonight.

today already sucks and I've been up for 15 minutes >>

Top Bottom