• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Connecticut Player Finder: We're better than you <3

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
Uuuggghhh.
My brother is going to some middleschool dance bull**** thing.
Uuuuggghhh.
You can't be a pro smasher and go to school dances.

PRIORITIES.
-DD

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
Well, that's +$100 to Best Buy for me, thanks to WPI's Brawl tournament and my Lucario.

:| Damn that ToonLink Lucario matchup though. Always snatching money from me. I probably should have gone MK after winning game 2...but no. I wanted to close out with Lucario. Damn me.

-DD

HollaAtchaBoy

Smash Master
HAB, i'm considering turning my GAT deck into legacy format for next semester

that or selling cards. dual lands are worth soooo much
I am in need of a few duals, but honestly you may be better off keeping GAT Vintage, to be honest. It's actually starting to see a comeback now that Gush is unrestricted. Then again, it's still pretty **** in Legacy too.

Also, Cog, awwww I miss Dav3 even more now.

Rep

Smash Apprentice
Friday, My place, Smashfest. All night. Pizza. + Fingers. If anyone is interested send me a text.
8--6---0 -.-.-5.-3.-8--.+9..0--8-=6

Budai578

Smash Apprentice
Friday, My place, Smashfest. All night. Pizza. + Fingers. If anyone is interested send me a text.
8--6---0 -.-.-5.-3.-8--.+9..0--8-=6
Would love to but I'm busy that night!

So I just picked up a PS3, what games/accessories/whatever should I pick up for it? I generally like everything except sports and racing games (though NFS: Hot Pursuit looks good). I'd like to try to pick up a bunch of oldies but goodies for cheap but need a recap as to what's good. I know there's some good stuff on the PSN too which I'd be interested in.

Hazygoose

Smash Lord
Would love to but I'm busy that night!

So I just picked up a PS3, what games/accessories/whatever should I pick up for it? I generally like everything except sports and racing games (though NFS: Hot Pursuit looks good). I'd like to try to pick up a bunch of oldies but goodies for cheap but need a recap as to what's good. I know there's some good stuff on the PSN too which I'd be interested in.
HAB would vouch for this with me: fat princess
best PSN game

as far as titles go, i feel like most of the games that are good are well known, like valkyria chronicles, mgs4, or tekken...but 3d dot heroes, heavy rain, and demon's souls are all pretty fun and aren't super famous. i can't think of anything else off the top of my head, shminkledorf status right now, but if you run into any game that you think looks cool but don't know much about, hit me up as i might have played it before :D
JUST REMEMBER HEAVY RAIN FOR SURE. WHAT A GOOD GAME OMFG.

Hazygoose

Smash Lord
it helps that i have never played more than like 2 hours at once. it probably is a game that can burn you out, but it's cheap and i love playing it every once in a while.

edit: evan, also check out jumping flash in the classics section if you've never played it. i think it's like 5 bucks and it's such a great game few people know of. it's like proto mario 64.

HollaAtchaBoy

Smash Master
Seb you must pick up the expansion, as the inclusion of like five more maps, the magic hats (which gives you Pirate, Ninja and Giant abilities) and an overall better ranking system makes the game far more exciting and playable.

Not gonna lie, I've been playing it all weekend due to lack of Smash and/or Magic. The thing about Fat Princess, though, is that you can get dissuaded from playing it REALLY easily if your team is Charles-Barkley-Turrible. You need to basically get lucky when going online and get on a team with some really good people (made all the easier by the ability to TRY to switch teams after a match), and when you do get on that good team, the matches become epic. Just this weekend I've had at least half a dozen matches that went to time, just going back and forth.

There's a surprisingly large amount of strategy involved in Fat Princess, and if you want to there's actually some depth to the gameplay ala Melee, like utilizing some glitches (OMFG the Warrior Dash ^_^) that aren't game breaking, but certainly make the game more entertaining.

EDIT: Oh Em Gee I just did some research and it turns out there's essentially a Smashboards for Fat Princess, and there are actually a ton of glitches you can use. I mean, I knew the game was super buggy but I didn't think most of it was sploitable. Turns out I was wrong. Time to do actually use the Ranger! ^_______^

Rep

Smash Apprentice
HAB, where did your name come from? Isn't that something girls say to their shawties?

Rep

Smash Apprentice
To let you guys know, I live in New Britain, about 4 minutes away from CCSU.

Top Bottom