• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Connecticut Player Finder: We're better than you <3

HollaAtchaBoy

Smash Master
Yeah, HAB, that might not be worth the gas :( As much as I want to meet you, the student center closes at 11 so you've only got a minimum of 3 hours of time. How far away is CCSU?

And yeah, proxies for any card. I suppose the cards are probably like $.12 though, maybe less. I have to look up stuff still.
My proxies are ****-ified, though, if I do say so myself.

And also, CCSU is like 40 minutes away, but 15 or 20 of that is going to be on the way to Southington where I will be doing a few minor MTG things at the card shop I go to. Of course, it means I'd have to leave even earlier if I plan to get home around 12:20-12:30.

But, who knows? It may be worth it if I don't spend TOO much time trading/****** at MTG.

EC_Joey

Smash Lord
My proxies are ****-ified, though, if I do say so myself.

And also, CCSU is like 40 minutes away, but 15 or 20 of that is going to be on the way to Southington where I will be doing a few minor MTG things at the card shop I go to. Of course, it means I'd have to leave even earlier if I plan to get home around 12:20-12:30.

But, who knows? It may be worth it if I don't spend TOO much time trading/****** at MTG.
Haha I'm not gonna show up. It's about a 2-hour drive for me, and my sleep-deprivation is probably going to catch up with me by Friday afternoon.

**** midterms week.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
And people call me old?
Well, its like, why do I spend money on nice speakers/headsets if the music people release is going to come in bad quality already?

D: Just isn't appealing to me as a whole, I suppose.
-DD

Octave

Smash Ace
I bet the D: is Nick feeling bad about the jewish guy getting ****ing owned by Morgan Freeman.

Honestly, though, I never thought about it like that. Kinda puts things into perspective o:

Octave

Smash Ace
i understand what he's saying but i'm not sure ignorance propagates equality or acceptance.
I wouldn't call it ignorance. I think that learning about racism in school is fine, but dwelling on it by focusing an entire month on the subject and only on one race doesn't exactly help it. That's what he was saying, imo.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
why the D: ?

Morgan Freeman's kinda the ****ing man.
I felt like 'D:' was the best way to show "Holy **** Morgan Freeman owned the **** out of life".

what about right after that when he said not to notice people are black or white?
Pretty sure he meant it in a way that says "don't look at it like it makes a difference in who they are as a person."

While that is obviously not true in this day and age where racism still shapes many people's environments, being 'ignorant' of it for a good generation or two has the ability of making a profound dent in the grip racism has on society.

But that is asking way too much of people.
-DD

trademark0013

Smash Champion
two things:

1. as a soc major i can say a million things on race relations, but ill jus leave with this theory by Kimmel:

human need for inequality leads to difference, not the other way around as most people view it

2. affinity cant stop storm

o yea 3. see you all tomorrow.

noodles

Smash Champion
totally just got the chillest job ever. i did 3 hours worth of work in 9 and literally just sat around talking to co workers/management.

HollaAtchaBoy

Smash Master
See, as awesome as storm is, it wasn't an inherently broken mechanic. Super powerful, yes, but not god tier. Look at cards like Wing Shards or whatever. Not exactly game-breaking. When you start making really good, cheap effects like Brain Freeze or Tendrils do you get into trouble.

Affinity is all about giving cards an alternative way to come into play and potentially free them of their proper casting cost. That's why it was broken. If you have a mechanic that fundamentally makes the mana cost of cards irrelevant, then it can easily become broken.

Hence Mind's Desire. >_>

Zombie Lucille Ball

Smash Master
to be fair, irl, you're like 30 years older than DD... at least.
Wanna know a secret?:
I'm Jman's Dad.

Well, its like, why do I spend money on nice speakers/headsets if the music people release is going to come in bad quality already?

D: Just isn't appealing to me as a whole, I suppose.
-DD
You realize it's intentionally distorted and not bad quality, right? Way to like, hold back the evolution of music with you myopic views, duuude XD

I really dislike headphones of any variety. Speakers are where it's at.
I can't understand this at all. Listening to music with a really nice pair of headphones is liking hearing it for the first time. All the subtelties come out. That said, music is the only place I use headphones.

this new (?) smiley seems appropriate: :reverse:

Pakman

WWMD
BRoomer
I can't understand this at all. Listening to music with a really nice pair of headphones is liking hearing it for the first time. All the subtelties come out. That said, music is the only place I use headphones.
I feel like I get the subtleties through my speakers. I have used awful headphones as well as some pretty good ones (Bose) and nothing compares to speakers. With speakers you can feel the base and hear the music truly surround you. As awesome as Bose is, their surround sound headphones don't fully replicate the same effect. Also, it is harder to rock out with headphones attached to whatever device you are using. I have been known to air drum quite a bit, but never with headphones.

But mostly, my bias is from a comfort stand point. I have a large head and goofy ears so most headphones / ear plug headphones don't comfortably fit.

Top Bottom