• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Connecticut Player Finder: We're better than you <3

S l o X

Smash Champion
It's just Hungrybox's tier list. Not MBRs. If you want something to write a page on:

Falco and Fox tied for first. Marth and Jiggs tied.

Hazygoose

Smash Lord

Octave

Smash Ace
that's not fair. that gives SxE kids like tom a reason not to play barlw. where's my legitimate excuse?
Hey, I don't consider myself straightedge anymore. I'm just substance free o:

But that doesn't change much of what you said :3

Legitimate excuse to not play Brawl: MELEE IS TEH MASTER RACE.

P. O. F.

Smash Ace
The tier list should not be a popularity contest
The tier list should be a popularity contest

-DD
No, you missed the point of what I was saying. Just like everyone who ever posts on smashboards. :(

I said that the tier list should not be a popularity chart (correct)
and what i said next was that what matters is the results of the mass of players using those characters. Not two people (you were wrong here)

You thought the mass of people who are playing at top level. Not what i meant. Top level is the aim of course but you can't just use tournaments. It's too faulty.

Example: How many Jigs mains DISLIKE the Marth match up? Probably a good 80% of the Jigglypuff mains out there. Jigglypuffs NEED TO KNOW THE MARTH MATCH UP.

Marth mains? Not so much. It's pretty cut and paste. Keep her out.

Jigs goal: Get IN (Boy, i wish smashboards was not so full of kids so my swears would not be blocked out.) [sigh] If a character has to work harder [generally] to get their kills/dmg in for the game....it's probably their disadvantage.

Just because two kids (Mango and hbox) can do it does not mean that the other 200+ jigglypuffs out there agree.

It's like saying that Ryu is the best in SF4 and SSF4. Daigo (the best player in the world) wins all of the tournaments. So why isnt Ryu God tier? If basing a tier list off of tournaments is the sure way to be the most accurate why isn't Chun Li like 8th or 9th? Shes definitely not a popular tournament character......

Because one person does not = everyone.

Considering that not all of the characters in Melee are heavily played you can't just use tournament results because that makes an unfair tier list for the bottom half of the cast. Saying that "yo, we dont care about the bottom five so we are going to make another tie" is absolutely the worst decision ever that a community can make for a tier list. Having ties is ok...if it makes sense. But five for a tie? Hmmm

If you care so much, be a KK/Hungrybox and make your own **** tier list. Otherwise, gtfo. You are a blight on this community.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
[Generalized negative comment on smash communities reading comprehension, not taking into account how the case was stated.]

[Damage control, reassuring me that it should not be a popularity contest based on concrete, although slightly skewed tournament data.]

[Implies top level players don't know where their characters place.]

[Implies Tier lists should be formed on popular opinion of match ups, contesting for the most popular opinons of matchups from their mains of any level, who for all we know all suck and have trouble playing against Pichu.]

[Carefully thought out example.]

[SF4 Nonsense]

[Points out that popular opinion should reign supreme]

[Thinks making a tier list for the bottom 5 characters that are just different flavors of absolute garbage is worth arguing about.]
Fun Fact: lolumad.
-DD

Octave

Smash Ace
The same **** that hasn't worked for the last six months.
Are you 12? Seriously, you've been saying the same **** that nobody cares about for at least six months like some 12 year old kid who doesn't get his way. Nobody is going to suddenly change their mind just because you repeat yourself over and over. Just leave and stay the **** gone.

Hazygoose

Smash Lord
Goose of Hazy, make it to that Nov. Wallingford tourney or die.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U72OalxxoSc
if you find someone to give me a ride, i am so down. but i am 0/2 so... :\

Are you 12? Seriously, you've been saying the same **** that nobody cares about for at least six months like some 12 year old kid who doesn't get his way. Nobody is going to suddenly change their mind just because you repeat yourself over and over. Just leave and stay the **** gone.
tom. you need to be understanding of autism. your ignorance and intolerance is unacceptable. we don't want to have to pull you out of class for a sensitivity seminar again.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
lolumadtoo.
-DD

trademark0013

Smash Champion
**** son you should have called me. i post and bounce and i check smash boards like every once in a while. thats why i mentioned everyone has my number! use it my friends!
u right. i gottachu next weekend assuming its free

same goes for whoever. nus + rep might be dropping by as well

friday seems like a good day for a random fest.......

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
u right. i gottachu next weekend assuming its free

same goes for whoever. nus + rep might be dropping by as well

friday seems like a good day for a random fest.......
D: Oh geez. I want in on this...but no ride...

T~T Nusssss...
-DD

Pakman

WWMD
BRoomer
P. O. F., if you didn't frame your first post around how bad you think the smash community is, I think it would have been a legit non-trolling post.

I also think that having the abundance of ties in the tier list is BS. The purpose of a tier list should be to spark discussion, but instead they tried to make it please everybody.

You are a pro at starting forum drama from an otherwise legit post.

P. O. F.

Smash Ace
I am going to say

Thank you

To pakman

Because he is awesome and recognizes

A-I'm just trolling and

B-where I'm coming from and that my claims make sense.

:-)

ZoSo

Smash Champion
Garrett found a new game to be bad at so now he has to hate on Smash. ADORABLE.

P. O. F.

Smash Ace
You act like being a blatant troll is a good thing.
ahhh, I really want to sig this but your last one was just too good.

It is....it's fun. I really don't care about/like many people from the smash community anymore so i just troll.

Garrett found a new game to be bad at
SSF4 Money Match?

Don't you have a tier list to make based off of tournament results only? LOL.

EC_Joey

Smash Lord
I am going to say

Thank you

To pakman

Because he is awesome and recognizes

A-I'm just trolling and

B-where I'm coming from and that my claims make sense.

:-)
I've always thought you were brilliant. Pakman's just a bandwagoner.

ZoSo

Smash Champion
Well done, my padawan.

Also,

Don't you have a tier list to make based off of tournament results only? LOL.
I really haven't posted in the MBR in a long while, but last I checked most of the people in there were in favor of making a tier list based on matchups. The current one is a little different, but I'm not really allowed to explain why.

So yeah, as usual, you don't know what the **** you're talking about.

Ignoring all that, why does it matter if we base our tier list on the same variables as other communities or not?

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
Wait people cared what pof thought at any point in history?

loooool

Man, I remember the first time I met pof. I played falcon and lost or something, and was audibly cursing my missed techs. He told me to chill, it was just a game. So then I beat him in a marth ditto. Then I 4-stocked him in a roy ditto, and he told me that was bull**** luck. We did it again and I only 1 stocked him. Then I two stocked his marth with ganon and he just unplugged his controller and left without saying anything.

Moral: He even trolls IRL. wheeee.

it's just a game, pof.

S l o X

Smash Champion
who?

the game .

i'm at a 77 average right now, i should probably do make up work and move up a bit. why do i need to learn spanish again?

Top Bottom