• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Connecticut Player Finder: We're better than you <3

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
like magic I have off in two weeks for the no johns at the revival of melee venue. if you want to go IM / PM me. I want to bring some folks for once since I do not have to come from work.

stipulations:
-I am staying late
-you need to be at my house before I leave that sat.
-I will charge no more than 5 bucks for gas
-I have 3 spots

Zombie Lucille Ball

Smash Master

Octave

Smash Ace
It's useless to ask her about it, because before I even get to the -gi in Corgi she goes OMFGZ CAN I HAVE ONE PLEASE YOU'RE A TERRIBLE PERSON IF I CAN'T HAVE ONE PLEAAAAAAASSSEEEE
Did you see my questions about it? Are there other people interested? What's going to happen to it if it doesn't get taken?
Nobody else has contacted them about it. I'm not sure about what'll happen if nobody takes it. If you PM me your number I can give it to them to call you.

Hazygoose

Smash Lord
dragon quest is the bomb
nick is also the bomb

sadly, speaking of bomb, i bombed my bio quiz :( but never fear, i'm still passing and the next quarter is taught by a different professor who doesn't suck, so i should be able to get a decent grade in the end.

so much studying to do this weekend. still no tv to play melee on. thank earf for etrian odyssey iii (and tf2, someone play with me!)

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
dragon quest is the bomb
nick is also the bomb

sadly, speaking of bomb, i bombed my bio quiz :( but never fear, i'm still passing and the next quarter is taught by a different professor who doesn't suck, so i should be able to get a decent grade in the end.

so much studying to do this weekend. still no tv to play melee on. thank earf for etrian odyssey iii (and tf2, someone play with me!)
I'm really bored these days...I might pick up TF2.

...Maybe.

Whatever I pick up has to be multiplayer, at least.
-DD

Budai578

Smash Apprentice

P. O. F.

Smash Ace
Randomly popping in to talk about the new Melee tier list.

I saw it abut a week ago and thought this:

Pikachu went up because of Axe
Mario went up because of MaNg0
Ganon went up because of Kage
Jigs went up because of Hbox and MaNg0
Luigi went down because of lack of Ka Master
Mewtwo went up because of Taj

and we all said that the bottom five are the worst characters in the game and are "tied" because the smash community is too lazy to care.

WTF is that?

I think it is the worst tier list to date because they dodged so many important aspects of making an accurate tier list. THREE PEOPLE TIED for first? Is that a joke?

Must jigglypuff mains are disagreeing with the fact that she is tied for first. Maybe 3rd-5th makes legit sense. She DEFINITELY needed to go up....but not that far.

Fox is still the best and I think looking at match ups a tournies...it makes sense.

Marth is third IMO with sheik 4th and jigs 5th.

I think that this community has little to no idea how to formulate an accurate tier list when weighing ALL characters because it looks like a popularity contest with the characters. MaNg0 could simply pick Pichu and **** tournaments probably for god sakes. But that doesn't justify a character improvement! What matters is the MASS of players...not ONE person. We did this for m2k and ken, pc with Falco, and now we are doing it for MaNg0 and hbox with jigs. Just because ONE person is ****** tournaments does not mean that they are the best character....at all. How many people LEGIT play jigglypuff? Even ManG0 is saying that Jigglypuff is not the best. That should be a sign right there.

Bah, disgusted.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon

and we all said that the bottom five are the worst characters in the game and are "tied" because the smash community is too lazy to care.

WTF is that?

I think it is the worst tier list to date because they dodged so many important aspects of making an accurate tier list. THREE PEOPLE TIED for first? Is that a joke?

Must jigglypuff mains are disagreeing with the fact that she is tied for first. Maybe 3rd-5th makes legit sense. She DEFINITELY needed to go up....but not that far.

Fox is still the best and I think looking at match ups a tournies...it makes sense.

I think that this community has little to no idea how to formulate an accurate tier list when weighing ALL characters because it looks like a popularity contest with the characters. MaNg0 could simply pick Pichu and **** tournaments probably for god sakes. But that doesn't justify a character improvement! What matters is the MASS of players...not ONE person. We did this for m2k and ken, pc with Falco, and now we are doing it for MaNg0 and hbox with jigs. Just because ONE person is ****** tournaments does not mean that they are the best character....at all. How many people LEGIT play jigglypuff? Even ManG0 is saying that Jigglypuff is not the best. That should be a sign right there.

Bah, disgusted.

No one cares, tbh.

You don't play this game, so why should you?

lolumad?
-DD

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
The tier list should not be a popularity contest
The tier list should be a popularity contest

-DD

Octave

Smash Ace

WTF is that?

Bah, disgusted.
If you care so much, be a KK/Hungrybox and make your own **** tier list. Otherwise, gtfo. You are a blight on this community.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
And Blight is the #1 cause for death in crops of tomato plants.

FOR SHAME.
-DD

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
I like my ketchup the way it is, thanks.
**** straight.

This is how all brawl tournaments should be played:
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=288090
Beer Brawl Rules

1. Everyone plays :random:
2. If you get :metaknight: you drink. If you get :metaknight: twice in a row(God forbid) you have to drink a whole can.
3. If you lose you drink.
4. If you win twice or more in a row(a streak, basically) you drink every win after the first.
5. If you get your main/secondary you drink.
6. If you get your main and prefered color you drink.
7. If you got hit with moves that shouldn't hit you(i.e. Falcon Punch, Warlocke Punch, Ganon's Utilt, Donkey Punch(full charge), 9 Judgement, Rest, Shoryuken(Luigi's Up+B), etc.)
7a. If you land a Shoryuken, and don't yell "SHORYUKEN!" you have to drink, instead of your opponent, if they call you on it.
8. If you trip you drink. (Yes, Sakurai can make you drink)
9. If both players end up getting dittos, they both drink.
10. If you get 3 stocked(JV included), you drink.
11. If you get 0%-Death you drink.
12. If you're not having fun you drink.
-DD

Top Bottom