• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Connecticut Player Finder: We're better than you <3

Hazygoose

Smash Lord
awesome vid. you're a decent sniper, budai. competitive play takes even more time than smash, though, it's pretty absurd. i have a friend who plays CS 1.6 and is pretty respected, but he has to spend a lot of time playing during the seasons. there's a new league this season and i forgot what it is. but yeah, i just need to stick to demoman or medic, i keep trying other classes and go like 20-2. i'm soooo bad as a spy. tf2 is the business, though, i love watching ESEA matches and everything else that pops up on commFT.

i'm going to start hosting smashfests in october after fall break :D

edit: LOL COG! bouncing souls and hot water music are putting out a 7" split. we'll have to split the cost and get one copy XD

Budai578

Smash Apprentice
awesome vid. you're a decent sniper, budai. competitive play takes even more time than smash, though, it's pretty absurd. i have a friend who plays CS 1.6 and is pretty respected, but he has to spend a lot of time playing during the seasons. there's a new league this season and i forgot what it is. but yeah, i just need to stick to demoman or medic, i keep trying other classes and go like 20-2. i'm soooo bad as a spy. tf2 is the business, though, i love watching ESEA matches and everything else that pops up on commFT.

i'm going to start hosting smashfests in october after fall break :D

edit: LOL COG! bouncing souls and hot water music are putting out a 7" split. we'll have to split the cost and get one copy XD

Thanks, sniper is my best class by far, though I enjoy all the other classes (except spy and engineer, lolz). I'm sure getting into real competitive play is tough but I'd love to try playing that format even if it's relatively casual. I think I could be a pretty good soldier, just need to practice some of the more advanced techniques.

Do you know if there's such a thing as pick-up competitive format? Or more casual leagues I could try out?

If you like playing medic then that would work out well since I like playing soldier with a dedicated medic, lol. We could be a sweet pocket combo.

Budai578

Smash Apprentice
Yes let's! If you've posted your Steam name before I must not have added you. Mine is Budai.

I generally play on the same server all the time and it's only active between like 8pm-12ish, which coincidentally is the only time I'm usually able to play.

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
i miss new england. what's the next NE event? doesn't have to be smash related at all.

Hazygoose

Smash Lord
HOLY ****.
a smasher in oklahoma moved to CT because his girlfriend got a job here. wanna hear something insane? HE'S MY NEXT DOOR NEIGHBOR! coincidence or conspiracy? so when people come down to smash with me you can also meet/chill with marc. he's got a pretty decent peach, and is just a funny and relaxed dude. totally would be BFFs with JV.

JAMIL, WHEN ARE WE HANGING OUT!? :o

Top Bottom