• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Connecticut Player Finder: We're better than you <3

Hazygoose

Smash Lord
There's also a tourney going on soon, Kupo.

i like just realized the phrasing of this finally. i laughed for like 2 minutes. i'm so tired. T.T

anyone have any experience with using their laptop monitors as video game screens? i would just be using it for rpgs/etc so i'm not worried about lag and such. i have no idea if i should get av output to usb or to firewire or to monitor input or to s-video or to vga...omfg why do all these ****ing cables exist...

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon

i like just realized the phrasing of this finally. i laughed for like 2 minutes. i'm so tired. T.T

anyone have any experience with using their laptop monitors as video game screens? i would just be using it for rpgs/etc so i'm not worried about lag and such. i have no idea if i should get av output to usb or to firewire or to monitor input or to s-video or to vga...omfg why do all these ****ing cables exist...
Uhh...you want an AV input to whatever port it lets you. USB works, which are those game bridge things or similar products.

-DD

Pakman

WWMD
BRoomer
I hate the FDA
<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/2fBdnwooOaw?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/2fBdnwooOaw?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Octave

Smash Ace

@Hazy - Yeah rofl I realized that like five minutes after I had typed it.

I saw Scott Pilgrim last night. I thought it was great but I'm going to have to get the graphic novels and make comparisons now. The other people I went with didn't like it so much, though..

thumbswayup

Smash Master
I hate the FDA
<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/2fBdnwooOaw?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/2fBdnwooOaw?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>
Do you see the amount of recalled drugs a year after the FDA had approved them? It's ludicrous

Aesir

Smash Master
I hate the FDA
FDA would work pretty well if there were checks and balances to snuff out special interest. They over regulate smaller drug companies products while under regulating the bigger names usually.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
In this letter I'm going to discuss totalitarianism. I'm going to delve into great detail about Prof. Cog Smooch, Ph.D.'s coprophagous, depraved ideas. I'm going to talk at length about how Cog has been silencing critical debate and squelching creative brainstorming. In short, this is not a letter for children or the overly sensitive. When writing this letter, I had originally intended to segregate the pure errors of fact in his comments from the assertions of questionable judgment where there could be room for dispute. I eventually decided against that approach because we should not concern ourselves with Cog's putative virtue or vice. Rather, we should concern ourselves with our own welfare and with the fact that Cog swears that we should abandon the institutionalized and revered concept of democracy. Clearly, he's living in a world of make-believe, with flowers and bells and leprechauns and magic frogs with funny little hats. Back in the real world, Cog says he's going to rouse the agitated petite bourgeoisie to chauvinistic fervor and hoodwink them into demanding special treatment that, in many cases, borders on the ridiculous in a matter of days. Good old Cog. He just loves to open his mouth and let all kinds of things come out without listening to how repugnant they sound.

Well, sure; I regard Cog the way I would the sort of stinking filth I might have to clean off my boots after a careless walk in a dog kennel, but that doesn't change reality. I fully intend to fight scurrility and slander. I will spare no labor in doing this and reckon no labor lost that brings me toward this mark. Even so, life is a search for the true, the good, and the beautiful. It is not, as Cog believes, an excuse to do exactly the things he accuses naive autocrats of doing.

Maybe Cog has a reason for acting the way he does, but I doubt it. He has been trying to popularize the narrative that he is beyond reproach. My fear is that if he's successful at promoting such cockamamy notions then even the man on the Clapham omnibus may agree to let him sound the standard "they're out to get us" call and rally his patsies to replace love and understanding with phallocentrism and recidivism. I'll end this letter with a personal invitation to Prof. Cog Smooch, Ph.D. himself: If you care to respond to what I wrote, please do, especially if you think that I am being inaccurate or unfair. I do not wish to misrepresent you in any way whatsoever. Pax vobiscum.

Top Bottom