• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Connecticut Player Finder: We're better than you <3

MentokJebus

Smash Journeyman
"wtf is a Dazwa?" and I told her you were some smasher who saved a LAN Center from robbers.
-DD
for serious? what happened?

i thought they were both the same person person lol
any movie Jesse Eisenberg gets was originally offered to Michael Cera and then given to Eisenberg when they realize they can't afford Cera. That's my theory anyway

Scott Pilgrim was OK, the visuals were nice obv.
what I'm surprised to see is that Piranhas 3D is actually getting fairly good reviews. Then I look at what else is opening this weekend and I see:

Lottery Ticket
Vampires Suck
The Switch
Nanny McPhee 2
i guess everyone in Hollywood is mailing it in for the end of summer

MattDotZeb

Smash Hero
ahh ok. wish I didn't miss that. gotta keep up my film guru status.
Eisenberg has been playing the same character in every film for a while now but for some reason he doesn't get the hate that Cera does. <3 zombieland. also if anyone hasn't seen The Squid & The Whale, remedy that.
I have that downloaded.
I should get to watching it...

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
for serious? what happened?
She thought I was making **** up and punched me.

Speaking of Dazwa, I think he Drunk Dialed me or something last night.
"IS THIS DARKDRAGOON? THE LUCARIO PLAYER FROM 2002?!"

>_>
-DD

kupo15

Smash Hero
Hey,
I'm moving to Hartford, CT tomorrow for school and just wanted to see where the good melee smashers are in the area to play with. I'm going to live in Park View Towers on Asylum Ave.
Thanks

S l o X

Smash Champion
So I'm having issues with my computer. Played LoL today and decided to install it on my main computer. It crashes after 10 seconds of spawning & the graphics go all over the place random colors sometimes, it's weird. I've updated my videocard drivers. Have a GeForce 7300 SE/7200 GS ? & this happens to me when I go to Nvidia Control Panel & go to the Adjust settings w| 3d preview or something like that & it just crashes.

Maybe it's a 3D thing? FFFFFFFF this. Installing on another computer.

lolwtf why do i even have this graphics card?

ZoSo

Smash Champion
Nick, Dazwa drunk dialed me last night too. He put me on speaker phone and I told him and his drunk friends about an absolutely horrible experience I had at Friendly's.

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
I got drunk dialed also. The call ended when his friend Michael something threw up

Octave

Smash Ace
So I'm having issues with my computer. Played LoL today and decided to install it on my main computer. It crashes after 10 seconds of spawning & the graphics go all over the place random colors sometimes, it's weird. I've updated my videocard drivers. Have a GeForce 7300 SE/7200 GS ? & this happens to me when I go to Nvidia Control Panel & go to the Adjust settings w| 3d preview or something like that & it just crashes.

Maybe it's a 3D thing? FFFFFFFF this. Installing on another computer.

lolwtf why do i even have this graphics card?
I've had problems with it too. I'ma try turning down the settings :L

Gonna upgrade my vid card soon, but really don't feel like waiting until Black Friday sales on newegg..

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
Hey,
I'm moving to Hartford, CT tomorrow for school and just wanted to see where the good melee smashers are in the area to play with. I'm going to live in Park View Towers on Asylum Ave.
Thanks
I live in Hartford, right off of Vine Street. I haven't played Melee seriously in a long time, but I could get back into it if I had someone to play with. I also play Street Fighter, BlazBlue and Guilty Gear.

Best Disney song ever?!

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZSS5dEeMX64?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZSS5dEeMX64?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Zombie Lucille Ball

Smash Master
She thought I was making **** up and punched me.

Speaking of Dazwa, I think he Drunk Dialed me or something last night.
"IS THIS DARKDRAGOON? THE LUCARIO PLAYER FROM 2002?!"

>_>
-DD
Nick, Dazwa drunk dialed me last night too. He put me on speaker phone and I told him and his drunk friends about an absolutely horrible experience I had at Friendly's.
I got drunk dialed also. The call ended when his friend Michael something threw up
I got the call too but didn't pick up because it was 2:46am lol.

Best Disney song ever?!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_pPUmv3U2XY
or maybe
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fPMHbUTcUXE

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
I'll see what I can do.

I saw Scott Pilgrim last night with some friends. It was fun, certainly good in its own way, but overall I didn't like it. It basically ruined everything I loved about the books. =/
What did you love about the books that was ruined? feel free to use spoiler tags.

I saw it yesterday with the GF and it was pretty thoroughly awesometacular IMO, but I have no frame of reference on the graphic novels.

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
best read them graphic novel booklets if you want to find out firsthand

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
zzzz, I went to B&N immediately post-movie and they only had 3, 6, and 7. Since I couldn't access them immediately post movie, my interest will undoubtedly fade unless someone starts talking them up and makes me want them bad enough to actually go out and get em.

S l o X

Smash Champion
I've had problems with it too. I'ma try turning down the settings :L

Gonna upgrade my vid card soon, but really don't feel like waiting until Black Friday sales on newegg..
Sucks so hard because I just realized all the other computers here are running UBUNTU FFFFFFFFFFFFf.

Gonna have to mug my brother for his Laptop and play on that.

(I did so many things to try and fix the problems ;_;)

HollaAtchaBoy

Smash Master
Hey,
Thanks
Not that this is totally helping, but I live in Waterbury and there's, like, nothing here in terms of Smash. Swift is right in saying that southern CT is where all the Melee is at. I think I'm probably closest to you, and I'm still like 45min-ish away.

S l o X

Smash Champion
i posted this in the tfs thread but

dad probably moving to waterbury and i might be going up there sometimes so yeah

hollaatchaboy

kupo15

Smash Hero
you may run into a few.

melee is scarce up there though. most activity is south. New haven-ish
Ah that sucks. :(
I live in Hartford, right off of Vine Street. I haven't played Melee seriously in a long time, but I could get back into it if I had someone to play with. I also play Street Fighter, BlazBlue and Guilty Gear.
Neat, maybe we can see if could smash one of these days.
There's also a tourney going on soon, Kupo.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=280201
Nice, I think I will try to make that.
i move to ccsu in a week
Oh yeah, we're close to Hartford aren't we? I move to CCSU on Friday @___@

Trade, when's the earliest we can play?
Sorry if I don't know the lingo since I just moved here today, but what is CCSU? I assume that is close to UHart so cool!

Not that this is totally helping, but I live in Waterbury and there's, like, nothing here in terms of Smash. Swift is right in saying that southern CT is where all the Melee is at. I think I'm probably closest to you, and I'm still like 45min-ish away.
:(

Top Bottom