• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Connecticut Player Finder: We're better than you <3

ZoSo

Smash Champion
So my computer is doing this weird "skipping" though. I seriously don't know how else to describe it. It's like when you're listening to a badly scratched CD and every half a second or so it stops for just long enough to be noticeable/annoying. Task manager is showing roughly 25% CPU usage when the system is idle, but it's not showing any processes that could account for that.

I rebooted in safe mode and tried running Malwarebytes and Spybot. Spybot now reboots the computer every time I try to run a scan. Anybody have any suggestions?

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
So my computer is doing this weird "skipping" though. I seriously don't know how else to describe it. It's like when you're listening to a badly scratched CD and every half a second or so it stops for just long enough to be noticeable/annoying. Task manager is showing roughly 25% CPU usage when the system is idle, but it's not showing any processes that could account for that.

I rebooted in safe mode and tried running Malwarebytes and Spybot. Spybot now reboots the computer every time I try to run a scan. Anybody have any suggestions?
my prescription is fire, and lots of it.

It's probably the fad these days to have lolcats text be grammatically perfect. It's ironic. Or something.
Ahh, perhaps they want to be more subtle with their mistakes. For instance, in this one, it's:

"This city is afraid of me I have seen it's true face"

That's possessive, it should be "its"

Perhaps another LoLcat could mistakenly use "less" when "fewer" is proper.

HollaAtchaBoy

Smash Master

If it sounds like a mechanical clicking noise, it's probably a hardware problem with the harddrive, and it means that it's about to die.

Back up your shizz.

Hazygoose

Smash Lord

maybe some registry files got jacked? do you ever run tea timer? try system restoring to before it happened before you do anything else, IMO.

helloooooooo allison
scapegoat wax is pretty hit or miss with me, but the songs that are good are usually more than good and pretty catchy :D

bernard - yes i did. i am going to be relearning it (stopped speaking it as a kid, lost it fast of course) and need someone to talk to on weekends/breaks to practice speaking. :D i will be bothering you at smashfests and tournies over the next couple years in spanish probs

edit: speaking of muzak, bad religion and the bouncing souls are touring together in october. **** seeing the souls in new york in september. so good.

thumbswayup

Smash Master
I mean, I can too, but it requires constricting the head, and that can get REAL painful after even five minutes.

:)

But no, Seb, I tend to think along the same lines, but I'm pretty sure
it was all a dream. By touching the top when Cobb was in limbo with Mal, he compromised her totem and invalidated any way that it can be used to properly discern between reality and dream.
There is actually a good deal of evidence supporting that it
was all a dream, but I think there might be more supporting otherwise. There's so much in the movie and we need to have this discussion when it's out on dvd so I can watch it again.

This is only true from Mal's frame of reference. Once Mal died, the top became Cobb's totem, as he became the only living person to have touched it. Either way, I agree with Joey in that I don't think it's really important to know whether it was a dream or not.

The "climax" was definitely the worst part of the movie for me. That said, I liked the movie a lot and I hope to see it again in the near future.
Why was the climax the worst part of the movie for you?

oh did I not mention she also said "I'm really into cuddly asian guys with glasses"?
YOU GOTTA HIT THAT JOEY

ZoSo

Smash Champion
Why was the climax the worst part of the movie for you?
I just felt there was too much going on. It was really hard for me to connect with any of the dramatic moments because they were broken up with too much inappropriate action/slow motion van falling/wacky slapstick Joseph Gordon-Levitt antics.

If one dissected the movie enough, I'm sure they could find compelling evidence for one outcome or another, but I think this is akin to trying to figure out what's in the suitcase in Pulp Fiction. Not to say that it doesn't have value or that people shouldn't do it, just that it doesn't really aid your understanding of the film at all.

HollaAtchaBoy

Smash Master
That was, honestly, what I think separates alot of people between those who loved the movie and those who just liked the movie.

There is a lot going on, but it makes sense in context, and it's not really all too hard to follow since you're progressively lead into each level of the dream.

ZoSo

Smash Champion
That's the thing, I DID love the movie. I would be perfectly happy to see it several more times, I just didn't like that one part of it that unfortunately took 30 minutes.

ZoSo

Smash Champion
I thought it was impressive, but a pretty terrible arrangement. Man, I was obsessed with that song in high school.

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! &lt;
This is only true from Mal's frame of reference. Once Mal died, the top became Cobb's totem, as he became the only living person to have touched it. Either way, I agree with Joey in that I don't think it's really important to know whether it was a dream or not.

The "climax" was definitely the worst part of the movie for me. That said, I liked the movie a lot and I hope to see it again in the near future.
all of this
oh did I not mention she also said "I'm really into cuddly asian guys with glasses"?

I heard Sting can do this too
@ cuddly asian guy: get at Joey lookin MAD sexy at Apex! We gotta keep the pace we got Joey ^_^

lolllll @ Sting reference
That's the thing, I DID love the movie. I would be perfectly happy to see it several more times, I just didn't like that one part of it that unfortunately took 30 minutes.
and again, I'm agreeing with ZoSo...but that's usually the case.

I've had a hetero-boy crush on JGL since 3rd Rock from the Sun.

That **** hair...and smile...

*swoons*

I really wanna see Inception again, though.
I think part of the beauty of the film isn't so much trying to figure out if it is or isn't a dream, it's that the movie is just as meaningful to the viewer should they choose to believe either.

...speaking of spoilers, I almost killed my sister because I had been avoiding all reviews, threads, and trailers because I knew almost NOTHING about the film and wanted it to stay that way...but on the day I was planning to finally watch it, her facebook status said
"just saw Shutter Island...I didn't realize Leo had made the same movie twice in a year"

>_>

see, I was totally down with reading the status because the initial subject mentioned was of interest to me...but then I was like "FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-"

while it didn't actually ruin it, it made it impossible to NOT think what she could be referring to specifically throughout the whole movie

...it's a good thing the movie kicked ***

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
Yooo, that's incredibly impressive. Is she/he doing the percussion work with his/her feet? There are a few fudgeups here and there (mind you I'm a guitar nazi), but still ****ing BEAST.
I thought it was impressive, but a pretty terrible arrangement. Man, I was obsessed with that song in high school.
the "11 years old" card was played and I was sold. yeah some mess ups but **** that was cool. plus i really was fiending to hear the track. I wouldve been even cooler to hear her do it on a piano and not a keyboard(kat) mimicing the sounds if thats even possible...

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
I just played OBM in SSF4. That would have been the highlight of my night, but a few matches later, I had a Chun ditto. The guy rocked my socks in the first round, and after he threw me, he taunted me. My response?

DOUBLE FRAKKING PERFECTED HIS A$$

Definitely the highlight of the night.

ZoSo

Smash Champion
I just played OBM in SSF4. That would have been the highlight of my night, but a few matches later, I had a Chun ditto. The guy rocked my socks in the first round, and after he threw me, he taunted me. My response?

DOUBLE FRAKKING PERFECTED HIS A$$

Definitely the highlight of the night.
When playing on XBL, there should be a picture-in-picture that shows your opponent via webcam for a few seconds whenever you perfect them.

Jam, I think I remember you posting the vid of Kokujin getting double perfected. Do I remember wrong?

trademark0013

Smash Champion
scapegoat wax is pretty hit or miss with me, but the songs that are good are usually more than good and pretty catchy :D

bernard - yes i did. i am going to be relearning it (stopped speaking it as a kid, lost it fast of course) and need someone to talk to on weekends/breaks to practice speaking. :D i will be bothering you at smashfests and tournies over the next couple years in spanish probs
"i wanna hold ur hand i havent been
the same man since i saw you comin in"

thats def me fav song of all time.

same here. ive been losing mine as well. when we see each other, there'll def be no-english policy. lol. u prolly kno more than me tho, in terms of vocab

EC_Joey

Smash Lord
Yooo, that's incredibly impressive. Is she/he doing the percussion work with his/her feet? There are a few fudgeups here and there (mind you I'm a guitar nazi), but still ****ing BEAST.
She's doing the base line with her feet. The drum part is probably a track on the keyboard.

YOU GOTTA HIT THAT JOEY
I'm too shy >__<

@ cuddly asian guy: get at Joey lookin MAD sexy at Apex! We gotta keep the pace we got Joey ^_^
Lately I've been slacking. I'm gonna get back on that **** just for you. SUPPORT SYSTEM!

Zombie Lucille Ball

Smash Master
If one dissected the movie enough, I'm sure they could find compelling evidence for one outcome or another, but I think this is akin to trying to figure out what's in the suitcase in Pulp Fiction. Not to say that it doesn't have value or that people shouldn't do it, just that it doesn't really aid your understanding of the film at all.
Hmm I disagree. The suitcase in Pulp Fiction is nothing more than a MacGuffin (it's actually like the perfect example of one). It literally is just there for characters to want it. Whereas the ambiguous ending to Inception serves to highlight and sharpen the themes/thesis of the film: basically, what is our relationship to reality and dreams and how does that perception affect what we feel/how we live.
It's left very ambiguous intentionally, I'm sure Nolan knew very well what he was doing and he's never ever going to confirm one way or the other.

Joseph-Gordon Levitt is hot. I'm sorry, but I'm comfortable enough in my heterosexuality to say that.
truth

I think part of the beauty of the film isn't so much trying to figure out if it is or isn't a dream, it's that the movie is just as meaningful to the viewer should they choose to believe either.
^_^d

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
shouldn't that lolcat say its and not it's?
you late to the party Axel:

Ahh, perhaps they want to be more subtle with their mistakes. For instance, in this one, it's:

"This city is afraid of me I have seen it's true face"

That's possessive, it should be "its"

Perhaps another LoLcat could mistakenly use "less" when "fewer" is proper.

Top Bottom