• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Connecticut Player Finder: We're better than you <3

wWw Dazwa

#BADMAN
Just read all of Scott Pilgrim, so...temporarily changing avatar (don't worry, Crono Carl will return in a bit).

Now I gotta watch it. >_>

thumbswayup

Smash Master
I miss you. Post more.
I've been slacking in keeping up with this thread ever since I quit my job, I need to fix that. And now that I've seen 2001 you and I can have an orgy with Kubrick's corpse and a chess set.

So bored. Was considering playing LaTale until I saw a few videos of it and realized how dumb and choppy it was. Guess it's back to watching anime.
Re-watch Cowboy Bebop as I am doing right now :D

Zombie Lucille Ball

Smash Master
Just read all of Scott Pilgrim, so...temporarily changing avatar (don't worry, Crono Carl will return in a bit).

Now I gotta watch it. >_>
Dazwallace!!! :laugh:

I've been slacking in keeping up with this thread ever since I quit my job, I need to fix that. And now that I've seen 2001 you and I can have an orgy with Kubrick's corpse and a chess set.
Sounds....hot?

Zombie Lucille Ball

Smash Master
so librarian glasses definitely was in front of me in line at the cafe and looked back at me twice and then nervously pulled her hair up into a bun (what attached men like me call an ego boost). joey you need a job here.

HollaAtchaBoy

Smash Master
So um...

CT Thread? I hate to do this to you guys.

I just saw Inception. And I don't feel like combing through page after page of spoilertagged text so..

SEB I SUMMON YOU! THUMBSWAYUP THUMBSWAYUP, NICKA!

As your opinion is the only one that matters to me.

thumbswayup

Smash Master
So um...

CT Thread? I hate to do this to you guys.

I just saw Inception. And I don't feel like combing through page after page of spoilertagged text so..

SEB I SUMMON YOU! THUMBSWAYUP THUMBSWAYUP, NICKA!

As your opinion is the only one that matters to me.
YES good stuff finally seeing it. Did you want to know what I thought of the movie or what I thought of the end?

EC_Joey

Smash Lord
so librarian glasses definitely was in front of me in line at the cafe and looked back at me twice and then nervously pulled her hair up into a bun (what attached men like me call an ego boost). joey you need a job here.
But I can't grow a beard! She'll never go for it!

thumbswayup

Smash Master
Well, I think Inception is one of the best movies I've ever seen. It's a film that leaves it up to the viewer to decide what happened instead of just telling us, so it can be talked about for a very long time to come. I've seen it twice, I caught a lot more stuff the second time around, and I have a feeling it'll be that way for every subsequent viewing. Personally, I'd LIKE to think it was a happy ending; he woke up from limbo with Saito and made it back to his kids and the top falls over at the end. However, I will definitely want to see the movie a few more times to come to that full conclusion. I love the article that explains how Inception is actually about the process of making a movie (with Cobb being the director, Saito as the Producer, Joseph Gordon-Levitt or was it Ed Hardy? as the actor, etc). That's a very fascinating idea, it makes the movie appeal even more to me.

And I will also say Christopher Nolan is one of the only directors that can hold a climax for 30 minutes.

HollaAtchaBoy

Smash Master
And I will also say Christopher Nolan is one of the only directors that can hold a climax for 30 minutes.
I mean, I can too, but it requires constricting the head, and that can get REAL painful after even five minutes.

:)

But no, Seb, I tend to think along the same lines, but I'm pretty sure
it was all a dream. By touching the top when Cobb was in limbo with Mal, he compromised her totem and invalidated any way that it can be used to properly discern between reality and dream.

ZoSo

Smash Champion
But no, Seb, I tend to think along the same lines, but I'm pretty sure
it was all a dream. By touching the top when Cobb was in limbo with Mal, he compromised her totem and invalidated any way that it can be used to properly discern between reality and dream.
This is only true from Mal's frame of reference. Once Mal died, the top became Cobb's totem, as he became the only living person to have touched it. Either way, I agree with Joey in that I don't think it's really important to know whether it was a dream or not.

The "climax" was definitely the worst part of the movie for me. That said, I liked the movie a lot and I hope to see it again in the near future.

Zombie Lucille Ball

Smash Master
re: the totem - what Dave said. though it's a bit open to interpretation.
cog's mojo cannot be contained by one woman
or one man.... *WINKY FACE*

But I can't grow a beard! She'll never go for it!
oh did I not mention she also said "I'm really into cuddly asian guys with glasses"?

I heard Sting can do this too

Top Bottom