• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Connecticut Player Finder: We're better than you <3

Zombie Lucille Ball

Smash Master
DAVE: Sorry I was already in bed when you called. Having to get up early sucks. I assume you were calling for phone sex, in which case I hope you got ahold of Dustin or Joey.
I didn't even think about that one.(the walking away from it point) I stand corrected on that one

so... seeing virtually every move that has come out in the last 12-13 years(including twilight:urg:) does not qualify me as a credible opinion on movie quality

I'm telling you its gonna be like the Matrix 1. Gets you thinking, novel movie idea, philosophical theories and interpretation etc. after the dust settles and the smoke clears, it's only an above average action flick with noticeable flaws.
You said you've seen over 200 prerelease critic screenings. I hope you don't think "over 200" movies have come out in the past 12-13 years. And nope, seeing a fair amount of movies does not necessarily qualify you as an elevated opinion on film (as snotty as that sentence sounds).
And as much as everyone hates on the POF, please don't go there. Just like with LOST fanboys, people that play the "If you don't get it you're stupid" card don't have a valid counterargument to begin with.
Wait. Are you defending POF from what I said to him? Or are you defending yourself from me saying that was POF logic? I just meant the 'seeing a lot of films/box office predictions' thing. It had nothing to do with "If you don't get it you're stupid."

(i already know how to palm mute).
LOL

MentokJebus

Smash Journeyman
And nope, seeing a fair amount of movies does not necessarily qualify you as an elevated opinion on film
I never said my opinions are more valid/worthy than anyone else's. I'm just saying I'm not just being a troll and yelling "DERP DERP INCEPTION SUCKS" I just have more data points for my internal relative rankings. In short, what I'm trying to say is I'm not being a brainless hater, I logically deduce in my brain with my moviegoing experiences that Inception was overhyped to me.

Wait. Are you defending POF from what I said to him? It had nothing to do with "If you don't get it you're stupid."
sort of not really. I'm actually discussing Inception elsewhere on the net and that's a common fanboy rage argument I'm encountering.

more preventative than anything heh.

anyone want to play some smash this weekend?

Zombie Lucille Ball

Smash Master
I just have more data points for my internal relative rankings. In short, what I'm trying to say is I'm not being a brainless hater, I logically deduce in my brain with my moviegoing experiences that Inception was overhyped to me.
We're totally cool, fyi. But these sound like robot sentences! BOOP BEEP INTERNAL DATA POINTS BLEEP DOOT

robots are awesome

P. O. F.

Smash Ace
anyone want to play some smash this weekend?
I'm always down. PM me.

I swear to god, playing Melee for fun and really not caring about winning or losing is the best thing......ever. I just try to do funny **** all the time and its great. Like shield breaker to run off shield breaker or something dumb.

Also, smash 64 is my favorite smash game at the moment. It's too funny/stupid to pass up.

Bolt, myself, and soxfan have been playing it as of late.

Pakman

WWMD
BRoomer
I swear to god, playing Melee for fun and really not caring about winning or losing is the best thing......ever. I just try to do funny **** all the time and its great. Like shield breaker to run off shield breaker or something dumb.
That is why people main Captain Falcon. Not caring and doing funny **** is how you win with him.

Also, I know you are a big fighter's guy POF. I just came across this series of fighting game silliness called Homo-genius, a history of gay that has been entertaining me. Check it out.

Stuff like this:

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/vR8f2qMlLUE&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/vR8f2qMlLUE&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
That is why people main Captain Falcon. Not caring and doing funny **** is how you win with him.

Also, I know you are a big fighter's guy POF. I just came across this series of fighting game silliness called Homo-genius, a history of gay that has been entertaining me. Check it out.

Stuff like this:

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/vR8f2qMlLUE&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/vR8f2qMlLUE&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>
The best of the videos BY FAR is the golf one.

EDIT- Here it is:

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/32ZjSDJUV0U&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/32ZjSDJUV0U&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

ZoSo

Smash Champion
I posted a suggestion on his channel, but I forget what it was and I think he deleted the comment.

wWw Dazwa

#BADMAN
I just came across this series of fighting game silliness called Homo-genius, a history of gay that has been entertaining me. Check it out.
If you enjoy that series, do a search for "Super Queering Aids Turbo," it's basically the same stuff. Wobbles ragequit against SS was even uploaded onto it (I think they called him Gootecks Jr. in it too)

Found it:

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/VsOYFtAuEoM&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/VsOYFtAuEoM&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
that's too bad because tekken 6 is the best fighting game i've ever played IMO
i can understand why it's not well-liked by everyone, though.
i wonder what fighter is the most positively viewed purely by those who play competitive fighters. i'd love to do a huge poll some day with all the different scenes but i assume it would take effort that would eclipse a few hours so naw.
I'm going to learn competitive Tekken finally lol. I used to play it a ton when I was younger and then I played Melee and dropped Tekken for no reason. T_T

I'm really excited for Tekken vs SF.

I guess I'm going to have to see Inception.

HAB- You caught me. xD

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
If you enjoy that series, do a search for "Super Queering Aids Turbo," it's basically the same stuff. Wobbles ragequit against SS was even uploaded onto it (I think they called him Gootecks Jr. in it too)

Found it:

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/VsOYFtAuEoM&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/VsOYFtAuEoM&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

the sound of that controller pains me

P. O. F.

Smash Ace
Tekken's gay.
No offense but don't/didn't you play Soul Calibur, Brawl, and Tatsunoko VS Capcom?

Tatsunoko doesn't even have a tier list. You're legit at MVC2...i'll give you that. Train me.

but Tekken is NOT GAY. Judging by there being over 8 games for the series i'd say its fairly legit for a fighting game. It's not my favorite...but it has its place.

MentokJebus

Smash Journeyman
No offense but don't/didn't you play Soul Calibur, Brawl, and Tatsunoko VS Capcom?

Tatsunoko doesn't even have a tier list. You're legit at MVC2...i'll give you that. Train me.

but Tekken is NOT GAY. Judging by there being over 8 games for the series i'd say its fairly legit for a fighting game. It's not my favorite...but it has its place.
with Soul calibur there's DI involved, but in Tekken one launch and you might as well put the controller down for 10-15 seconds while you watch your life deplete.

This can be a good thing or a bad thing depending on your tastes...

I don't find that fun, but hey, nothing tops the feeling of beating a "self declared master"(read: scrub friend) of Tekken using Eddy/Baek button mashing and refusing to rematch afterwards

trololololo

P. O. F.

Smash Ace
Meh. true.

Also,

if you guys didnt see this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B_raEdyfJ7s&feature=player_embedded

Intense. Arturo makes me want to play Sim. I met him Sunday but did not play him. Played Lucky D's sim though and its good. Also perfected Craig Stevens T Hawk one round and won two matches. (One of the best T Hawks currently) He ***** me hard but i still perfect him and beat him twice.

P. O. F.

Smash Ace
Hes using Rose and Dhalsim more now. I think they are both better than Seth IMO.

IMO, I think Seth is definitely less dominant in this game. He does bad against some of the new characters, his stun is less and his damage is still the same just like it was in vanilla, and if you mess up once you really do die. End of story. Vanilla was much more of a defensive game with Sagat, Ryu, and Akuma being the strongest so he could really keep up because his defense was better than theirs. Problem is though is that now Super is much more aggressive and just different so he doesnt fare as well.

I still strongly disagree with the first tier list. Chun li is not the best. I think Bison or Rog is the best and then Honda...then Chun...than guile.

S l o X

Smash Champion
homie
saying that tekken is gay
isn't fact
its opinion
and we can all have opinions
i hope.
because i agree, tekken is gay.

-
i red sleepy thread. sort of doesn't apply to ct but it does. people like tarmacker who only started playing again because i got into the scene.

too bad when he comes back he won't be winning any matches :DDDDDDDD

Cat Fight

Smash Lord
NNID
NoGoodEndings

What do any of those games have to do with Tekken again? & I don't recall playing SC. . .

Still, Tekken remains gay.

Tatsunoko vs Capcom = Marvel vs Capcom 3, so all it means is I'm going to be one step ahead of those who neglected TvC because it was on the Wii.

homie
saying that tekken is gay
isn't fact
its opinion
and we can all have opinions
i hope.
because i agree, tekken is gay.
loooolololool

EDIT: Lmfao @ wobblequit.

P. O. F.

Smash Ace
Holy crap its mike. I should call you soon. Or is that you Stephen? You're always switching usernames with Brookman and shiz.

What do any of those games have to do with Tekken again? & I don't recall playing SC. . .

Still, Tekken remains gay.

Tatsunoko vs Capcom = Marvel vs Capcom 3, so all it means is I'm going to be one step ahead of those who neglected TvC because it was on the Wii.
You were playing Soul Calibur IV one time when i went over to your place with Steve. BTW, whats he been up to?

Dude, TVC was what Gears of War was for the xbox. A game made to keep fans shutting up about Halo. TVC was made to keep MVC2 fans quiet pretty much. The characters in TVC were far too asian and weird for me.

I'm not going to play MVC3 competitively. I never played mvc2 competitively. its just fun for me. Like smash is for me now. I dont think mvc3 will be as tech or competitive as 2 as well.

Top Bottom