• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Connecticut Player Finder: We're better than you <3

SleepyK

Banned via Administration

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
I just saw Karate Kid. Holy crap that blew the original out of the water. Yeah, no Mr.Miyagi sucked, but as a movie this one was just better.

And that is truly Will Smith's son.
-DD

Zombie Lucille Ball

Smash Master
http://www.cnn.com/2010/WORLD/africa/06/20/south.africa.female.condom/index.html?hpt=C2 seems like a good way to get women to get failraped and then real beatthe****outof ???
Dug my old beater strat ($120) out of the closet the other day after playing my friend's American Standard. It's basically a fine guitar, but it was missing a bridge pickup and I've never been crazy about the look of the headstock, so I decided to make a project of it. My girlfriend's dad gave me an old Seymour Duncan he had lying around. I'm not sure of the model, it seems to be a stacked humbucker of some kind. It comes with an optional coil split, which worked out great because the guitar is fitted with a push/pull leftover from an older attempt at modding. Did I mention the guitar needed a bridge pickup? Anyway, I don't know if anybody here other than Ryan is into this type of thing, but I figured I'd post some pics:

http://img580.imageshack.us/f/strat1.jpg/
This one shows the new shape of the headstock. I'm pretty pleased with how it came out. It could use a coat of laquer, though. There used to be a really tacky-looking Stagg logo in the ovoid impression. I've never liked it, so I pried it out.

For reference, here's what the headstock used to look like:
http://www.myguitarheaven.com/Stagg White Strat.jpg

http://img409.imageshack.us/f/strat2.jpg/
Shows the freshly installed bridge pickup. Yes, it's down to bare wire. The plastic cover that came with the pickup didn't fit in the hole where the bridge pickup goes. I'm hoping this won't cause any serious problems. So far, so good. Also pictured is the knobless top of the volume pot. Been meaning to replace that...

http://img19.imageshack.us/f/strat3.jpg/
I've always liked the look of this guitar, aside from the few small grievances I've already mentioned.

Gotta say, I can't believe the way this thing screams, considering what I paid for it. Sounds exactly like a strat should, and the bridge pickup serves as a nice contrast when split. It has a very smooth low-output sound. Sort of Eric Johnson-esque if driven hard enough.
That's awesome, dude. I wish I knew how to do that kind of stuff. Really reminds me I need to get my jack fixed...

I just saw Karate Kid. Holy crap that blew the original out of the water. Yeah, no Mr.Miyagi sucked, but as a movie this one was just better.

-DD
sigh
I'm going to chalk this up to your age

ZoSo

Smash Champion
Really reminds me I need to get my jack fixed...
That's happened to me a few times. In 90% of cases it's required nothing more than a simple tightening. There's only a couple of other possiblities, and they're all a fairly cheap fix. Soldering is honestly pretty easy.

MentokJebus

Smash Journeyman

-DD
I haven't seen the original. lol blasphemy
I also have not seen Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat 1 or 2
yep i'm deprived

As for the new Karate Kid(kung fu kid lol)

It's a good movie if you take the following into account:

-Jaden smith and that no-name asian girl with the crooked teeth are WAY too young to be falling in love and shiz. Not realistic

-they built up that white kid as Dre's bff at the start only for him to disappear for the rest of the movie.

-Chinese antagonist Cheng had the same angry look on the whole movie. like an Asian constipated version of Keanu Reeves

-Movie was produced by Will Smith with Jaden Smith as the star without any sort of competition for the role. The entire movie was a glorified Jaden Smith commercial.

-They are making Karate Kid 2. Shark jump. Calling it.

That being said, it is easily Jackie Chan's best acting performance in my opinion. I'm surprised Jackie Chan isn't just a stunts/kung fu gimmick actor.

Zombie Lucille Ball

Smash Master
I think you're just too old
yeah, could be this.

That's happened to me a few times. In 90% of cases it's required nothing more than a simple tightening. There's only a couple of other possiblities, and they're all a fairly cheap fix. Soldering is honestly pretty easy.
Yeah actually it's loose so it could just need tightening but I have a suspicion that it needs more. I don't have any soldering equipment. If I wanted to drive up to Maine I could have my Dad do it. Did I tell you he's building a resonator from scratch?

xD I love the original. You're just nostalgia-goggling.
-DD
Possibly...:p

I'm happy Chan gets to actually act in it... I know he's wanted to do a more serious part for a while.
btw I haven't seen the new one lol

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
It's a good movie if you take the following into account:

-Jaden smith and that no-name asian girl with the crooked teeth are WAY too young to be falling in love and shiz. Not realistic

Hormones. Plus they never were "dating" or anything, just the 'best friend' love kinda deal. ITS CALLED BEING ****ING ADORABLE.

-they built up that white kid as Dre's bff at the start only for him to disappear for the rest of the movie.

I think there was a roll identical to that back in the original. Its kinda realistic too, since when you move in your neighbor is your friend first, then you meet a fine young Chinese ***** and he can take a hike.

-Chinese antagonist Cheng had the same angry look on the whole movie. like an Asian constipated version of Keanu Reeves

Rofl. This is true. But not all kid actors are good, and I think China supplied those kids as actors.

-Movie was produced by Will Smith with Jaden Smith as the star without any sort of competition for the role. The entire movie was a glorified Jaden Smith commercial.

XD I fail to see why this matters at all. Why compete when your son is perfect and then did amazing as all hell?

-They are making Karate Kid 2. Shark jump. Calling it.
I hope not, that would ruin the magic! D: Unless Smith makes it actually a GOOD movie this time.

That being said, it is easily Jackie Chan's best acting performance in my opinion. I'm surprised Jackie Chan isn't just a stunts/kung fu gimmick actor.
This so hard. Everything was so amazing about his performance. Never thought I'd see him act that well.
Comments, bold, etc.
-DD

Hazygoose

Smash Lord
for anyone who hasn't seen mortal kombat 2...
there is no reason whatsoever to feel bad about that. you are living the high life. never put yourself through that kind of incident.

MentokJebus

Smash Journeyman
DD: Hormones. Plus they never were "dating" or anything, just the 'best friend' love kinda deal. ITS CALLED BEING ****ING ADORABLE.

Jebus: Do best friends french after like a week of knowing each other at age 12? I think not. the role shoulda gone to a post puberty teenager and not black Justin Bieber. Ah but of course, it was a 2 hour commercial for Jaden Smith.

Jebus:
The entire movie was a glorified Jaden Smith commercial.

DD:
XD I fail to see why this matters at all.

Jebus: Because Jaden Smith hasn't earned it(prior to this performance I guess). By forcing his son down our throats (gross lol), Will Smith is overexposing his kid. We can expect 3-4 movies each year with this boy now. Ever get sick of all the mediocre Will Ferrell or Michael Cera movies every 2 months? this kid is next.

Jebus:
They are making Karate Kid 2. Shark jump. Calling it.

DD: I hope not, that would ruin the magic! D: Unless Smith makes it actually a GOOD movie this time.

Jebus: confirmed after opening weekend. making 56 million gross in 1 weekend for a 40 million budget marks the birth of a cash cow that must be thoroughly milked. Like karate kid 1-4 lol.

sry but i dunno how to multiquote hehehe

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
part of performance/stage kung fu is acting, as it gets incorporated into various mediums. they learn to act.
this is why jackie chan generally balances his outstanding action performances with slapstick comedy.

i am glad he found a good outlet for his acting ability.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
Jebus: Do best friends french after like a week of knowing each other at age 12? I think not. the role shoulda gone to a post puberty teenager and not black Justin Bieber. Ah but of course, it was a 2 hour commercial for Jaden Smith.
xD I guess that much is true. But he still played his part really well. >_>
And Puppy Love is all sorts of crazy. Plus they're in CHINA! Who knows what crazy ISH Chinese ladies do!?

Jebus: Because Jaden Smith hasn't earned it(prior to this performance I guess). By forcing his son down our throats (gross lol), Will Smith is overexposing his kid. We can expect 3-4 movies each year with this boy now. Ever get sick of all the mediocre Will Ferrell or Michael Cera movies every 2 months? this kid is next.
o_o Well, this movie was in the works since like, 2007/2008. I doubt Jaden will be doing that many different movies at once, and even if he does its no big deal, that's how people get better. xD

Jebus: confirmed after opening weekend. making 56 million gross in 1 weekend for a 40 million budget marks the birth of a cash cow that must be thoroughly milked. Like karate kid 1-4 lol.
D: Oh noooooo.
Well, I guess here's those Jaden pop-up movies. Although if Smith doesn't want to direct/produce/whatever he did, then Jaden will probably leave too.
sry but i dunno how to multiquote hehehe
=O Just put a
tag around each section you want to single out.
-DD

EC_Joey

Smash Lord
I'm sure most people outside of China don't know this, but HE CAN ALSO SING

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=90GSTBWkjg0

Also there are a bunch of his movies that were never released in the US that are pretty decent, even though they're not his typical slapstick comedy crap. He can definitely act. I particularly liked The Myth (which is the movie that the scenes in the above video are from).

The More You Know~

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
I'm sure most people outside of China don't know this, but HE CAN ALSO SING

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=90GSTBWkjg0

Also there are a bunch of his movies that were never released in the US that are pretty decent, even though they're not his typical slapstick comedy crap. He can definitely act. I particularly liked The Myth (which is the movie that the scenes in the above video are from).

The More You Know~
Mind = Blown.
-DD

Zombie Lucille Ball

Smash Master
I always wanted to see The Myth. But by "serious role" I meant he's seemed like he always wanted to do something beyond Chinese Opera stuff. In which yeah you learn comedy, dance, singing, stage kung fu etc.
Comments, bold, etc.
-DD
I read that the age of the kids in TKK is a little weird, not only for the whole romance thing but for the violence aspect, too. The story makes perfect sense for a teenager (girls, violence, defending yr stupid honor etc). Kind of a odd choice to move it down a few years.

Roman.

Smash Champion
I always wanted to see The Myth. But by "serious role" I meant he's seemed like he always wanted to do something beyond Chinese Opera stuff. In which yeah you learn comedy, dance, singing, stage kung fu etc.
I read that the age of the kids in TKK is a little weird, not only for the whole romance thing but for the violence aspect, too. The story makes perfect sense for a teenager (girls, violence, defending yr stupid honor etc). Kind of a odd choice to move it down a few years.
h i

thumbswayup

Smash Master

Saw (lol Michael Emerson) the first two eps of season 3 and they're doing the same thing they always do: Introducing all these new **** questions instead of answering the old ones and none of the main characters think to ask HOW or WHY they are where they are to the people that SHOULD be giving them the answer. Still watching it and I'm used to this by now but come on, where's the payoff.

Ryan those bad couple eps you were talking about better be the first two I just saw, if this show gets worse I'll beat JJ Abrams to death with a clover in a field

Zombie Lucille Ball

Smash Master
Saw (lol Michael Emerson) the first two eps of season 3 and they're doing the same thing they always do: Introducing all these new **** questions instead of answering the old ones and none of the main characters think to ask HOW or WHY they are where they are to the people that SHOULD be giving them the answer. Still watching it and I'm used to this by now but come on, where's the payoff.

Ryan those bad couple eps you were talking about better be the first two I just saw, if this show gets worse I'll beat JJ Abrams to death with a clover in a field
yeah it would make total sense for all the characters to just sit down and be like "so what's up with ___" and for the other characters to be like "oh that? that was ____" for a couple eps and then end the show. I'm so bummed out that wasn't what Lost decided to do, because HOO BOY OH NELLY that would be one riveting hour of TV I would watch it without pants probably.
Separate you the viewer from the character on screen a bit, nukka.
Why the hell should the Others tell them why or where they are trapped? That makes no sense. Besides, it gets answered, stop sweating.
I had kind of forgotten about the 6 episode capsule-season that started off S3. People didn't really like that, because there was a 3 month gap inbetween eps 6 and 7/the rest of the season.

The Glass Ballerina (ep 2) is pretty bad. Ep 9 is the worst ever. Which is weird since eps 8 and 10 are amazing. After that it's spotty until the last 4 which will explode your *****.

thumbswayup

Smash Master
yeah it would make total sense for all the characters to just sit down and be like "so what's up with ___" and for the other characters to be like "oh that? that was ____" for a couple eps and then end the show. I'm so bummed out that wasn't what Lost decided to do, because HOO BOY OH NELLY that would be one riveting hour of TV I would watch it without pants probably.
Separate you the viewer from the character on screen a bit, nukka.
Why the hell should the Others tell them why or where they are trapped? That makes no sense. Besides, it gets answered, stop sweating.
I had kind of forgotten about the 6 episode capsule-season that started off S3. People didn't really like that, because there was a 3 month gap inbetween eps 6 and 7/the rest of the season.

The Glass Ballerina (ep 2) is pretty bad. Ep 9 is the worst ever. Which is weird since eps 8 and 10 are amazing. After that it's spotty until the last 4 which will explode your *****.
LOLOL you can't really blame me, with all the **** I've heard about WHAT DOESN'T get explained in this show, I'm always paranoid that they'll just keep introducing new stuff and NEVER explain what I want to know. You know, if the smoke monster supposedly never gets explained it would be REAL easy for them to just not explain how the hell people have been living comfortably there forever. They have a fallback for everything; never got explained? IT'S FATE! LOLMIRITE. But you're right, I must watch more to find out. As entertaining as it is, I just can't stand when things are dragged on WAY WAY WAY too much, but of course that's television for you.

Holy **** The Glass Ballerina was the most useless ep in the world, can't WAIT to see how 9 tops that!

If you ask me Ben Linus needs to be on screen more and not just say, "The next two weeks are going to be very unpleasant", and disappear for an hour.

Zombie Lucille Ball

Smash Master
Well I think what the show did (and continued to do until it ended) was to reveal/answer stuff consistently but just as consistently expand the scope and questions. So even though lots of things are answered, you're still always left theorizing about mysterious things. I much prefer this to a standard "WHO SHOT ____" type of mystery where there's only one answer or whatever. (especially in a television show)

Ben gets a lot of screen time, don't worry.

Top Bottom