• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Connecticut Player Finder: We're better than you <3

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
oh, in case anyone was wondering, Alice was predictably meh/bad. The 3D was really disorienting and just flat out bad at times and made me appreciate Avatar's execution a bit more. Looking back on it, Avatar didn't leave me wondering what to focus on most of the time and when I wasn't sure where to focus in Alice, the 3D just ****ed everything up.

However, I liked their Cheshire Cat model enough that I made it my avy. He's just too awesome. Visually it was pretty well done I suppose, but it was hard to appreciate at times due to the 3D and terrible story. I would suggest not seeing it, but if you feel the urge to, don't do 3D and just try to focus on looking at the characters and scenery without paying attention to the dialog or plot.

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
I've been thinking about getting into cycling as a hobby, with the eventual goal of competing. Not in the Tour de France mind you, just in local road races. I need a new bike before I can get started though. Anyone else into this?

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
oh, in case anyone was wondering, Alice was predictably meh/bad. The 3D was really disorienting and just flat out bad at times and made me appreciate Avatar's execution a bit more. Looking back on it, Avatar didn't leave me wondering what to focus on most of the time and when I wasn't sure where to focus in Alice, the 3D just ****ed everything up.

However, I liked their Cheshire Cat model enough that I made it my avy. He's just too awesome. Visually it was pretty well done I suppose, but it was hard to appreciate at times due to the 3D and terrible story. I would suggest not seeing it, but if you feel the urge to, don't do 3D and just try to focus on looking at the characters and scenery without paying attention to the dialog or plot.
I agree with all of this. I want my $27 back. **** 3d movies and jacking up the price of ****. There were so many pieces of Alice that the 3d didn't WORK. It would still appear "separated". I knew I wasn't the only one as many people in the theater also took off their glasses to see if they were being ****ed with.

Makes me appreciate Avatar's 3d, but now I think I'm put off from 3d films for now.

I almost think the ending didn't actually happen.

<_<
/mind****

@Jam

=O Gonna get a sponsor and wear tights?!
-DD

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
I might join just because it'd look really funny having Jam and I cycling side by side in tights... while the sun sets.... <33333 Jam too much *hopes the wife doesn't see this post* LOL :3

also no homo.

tarmacker

Smash Journeyman
I've been thinking about getting into cycling as a hobby, with the eventual goal of competing. Not in the Tour de France mind you, just in local road races. I need a new bike before I can get started though. Anyone else into this?
I do some biking when I can't run but I'm not too into it, but a couple of my friends follow the sport hardcore and it seems pretty cool. Just like 90 percent of the top competitors are doped out of their mind.

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
I might join just because it'd look really funny having Jam and I cycling side by side in tights... while the sun sets.... <33333 Jam too much *hopes the wife doesn't see this post* LOL :3

also no homo.
I've definitely been looking forward to having a hot date with you, Marc. And if my wife can't understand the platonic love that two men have for each other...well, that's her problem.

I do some biking when I can't run but I'm not too into it, but a couple of my friends follow the sport hardcore and it seems pretty cool. Just like 90 percent of the top competitors are doped out of their mind.
Yeah, I had a bike last year and I really enjoyed it. I thought about running, but my feet constantly hurt as it is, so I'm not sure it's such a good idea.

tarmacker

Smash Journeyman
Yeah running can mess you up pretty good. I ran too much this summer and end up tearing some cartilage in my hip and haven't been able to do it in like 4 months so I've been biking and swimming.

P. O. F.

Smash Ace

3D in every single movie since Monster House has been utterly bad/disappointing. Alice's 3D was above average compared to most 3D movies and I've seen plenty in 3D. Rabbit hole, dragon, and basically any scene that was meant to be exciting.....was.

The story: I can understand why people don't groove to it...its not exactly "true" but I liked it. I like how Tim doesn't "stick to the script" and does what he think will be interesting.

Overall, the 3d has little to nothing to do with the film.

The connections to Wonderland in Alices life were very cool, Alice was depicted perfectly, the flashbacks were beautiful, the rabbit and chesire cat were the best you could possibly do for a live action film, Johnny Depp was on point, Helena is a wonderful actress...the acting was on key for sure. Tweedle Dee and Dum were so bad though. I was disappointed here.

The visuals were all fantastic too. Very artsy and pretty.

I don't know, I loved it.

Oh yeah, and the music was incredible as always.

wWw Dazwa

#BADMAN
I blame the fact that it's square who hasn't made a decent game since forever.
I was skeptical of this fact until Chrono Trigger DS came out...

I think the only good thing they've done recently is Lufia DS, and technically all they did was ask the original Lufia team to remake the game. So they more or less did nothing.

I hope Lufia DS comes stateside ;_;

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
So UConn needed a good run in the Big East tournament in order to have any hope of making the NCAA tournament. How do they respond? By getting blown out by 22 points in the opening round of the Big East tournament.

Great ****ing job.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
Thinking back about it, I think the parts I enjoyed most from Alice were the coming attractions. The new trailer for Tron/Toy Story 3 have me so hyped its stupid.

Tron just looks orgasmic, so many awesome things will just be jumping out and exploding.

Toy Story 3 looks hilarious. Because Andy is going to college I feel like the age group the movie is subconsciously aimed at our age group. Spanish Buzz Lightyear...omfg.

Uhh...what else was there? I kinda forgot. Lol.

@Jam
UConn Men's or Women's?
>_> 'cause I never expect anything out of the men's team.
-DD

Budai578

Smash Apprentice
lol @ shutter island ending
lol sixth sense

Cheshire Cat was the best part of the movie imo. Music and visuals were great as usual, story was good not great. Overall I thought it was decent, but I wouldn't go and see it again anytime soon.

I've definitely been looking forward to having a hot date with you, Marc. And if my wife can't understand the platonic love that two men have for each other...well, that's her problem.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lL4L4Uv5rf0

EC_Joey

Smash Lord
working way too much at the moment and just namesearch from time to time :)

also started a hella serious relationship with that MILF I went on that date with XD
Awwwww **** Toasty toastin' dat toast morning, noon, and night.

Hazygoose

Smash Lord
get yo **** wet, toasy!
also avatar blew. no "me away" is necessary.
and you know what made shutter island worth it? ben kingsley. what a ******. go watch sexy beast or the wackness and try to explain how ben kingsley didn't single-handedly save both films. such a great actor.

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
LOL, Good **** Budai.

Jam: As do I.

I'm not going to watch a movie in 3D for quite some time. That way I will always have good memories of movies in 3D (****ty movies while being young in 3D provides nostalgia factor so it makes it decent/really good... especially when the 3D was legitimately an amazing experience (IMAX theatre in Boston/somehwere in MA?). Cog correct me if I'm wrong thanks.

(I had this typed up before but my internet crashed so I just copy pasted it)

Top Bottom