• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Connecticut Player Finder: We're better than you <3

Octave

Smash Ace
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=9686228#post9686228

*shows off placement and who I beat*

;) I really hope prog recovers the matches so people can see my set vs G$.
Wow you guys are really good. Who do you main in Melee, Spawn? I've seen a video of you playing Fox but that was this one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kT3bP7Mxlh8&feature=related

Cort so good rofl.

Also, for anyone interested, my band is playing a show at Green Street Arts Center located at 51 Green St. Middletown CT 06457 on Friday, March 5th (this friday). Admission is $8 and half of the profit goes to the arts center's programs.

Also Spawn, check PMs.

EC_Joey

Smash Lord
That's what setups at tournaments look like..? Glad I was disappoint now rather than at GROAT.
What were you expecting? The only tournaments that can afford to look impressive are those with sponsors. Melee has always been pretty underground, except for the MLG days.

Octave

Smash Ace
What were you expecting? The only tournaments that can afford to look impressive are those with sponsors. Melee has always been pretty underground, except for the MLG days.
I was expecting something more extravagant, I guess. Meh. Not that big of a deal.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
so nick,
spawn says I have to make you really really good. And that we should record n stuff so he can watch and tell you what to do or w/e

so word let's do it

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
Octave- I main Sheik. That match was from 3 years ago xD. I secondary Fox and play him mostly in friendlies but lately people have been wanting to play my Sheik so I've been doing that. Also I did check my pm.. I thought I replied back to you, I'll go double check now.

Thanks for all the support guys. ;)

DD- Do as I say/what Yedi posted.

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
Octave- I main Sheik. That match was from 3 years ago xD. I secondary Fox and play him mostly in friendlies but lately people have been wanting to play my Sheik so I've been doing that. Also I did check my pm.. I thought I replied back to you, I'll go double check now.

D1

Banned via Administration
I actually don't wanna see that set, cuz that was an atrocity on G's part...he clearly won game 2 and 3 and gave it to ya by being stupid. *sigh*

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
Well I mean he did kinda do a **** move at the end and he lost because of it. So whatever.

Anyways, would anyone come to my house if I had a smashfest?...or in order for people to come there would have to be a pizza made by my mom lol.

I have a ****load of food places around my house. Mad good chinese food (not the place awsmsean,mike$, zk, aiser,trademark, and I went to), BK, McDonalds, a diner, and dominoes delivers to my house. Those are all within 5 mins of my house. If you travel 5 mins more and go to Vernon then you have anything you want basically lol.

Octave

Smash Ace

I just switched to Sheik. Needle kills are so satisfying. Its too bad that all I have to play against lately are cpus. I feel like I'm learning to play Sheik wrong.

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
Probably lol.

Things you can practice with Sheik:
-Chaingrabbing Sheik at 0 in training mode with evade on. You probably won't be able to do it so actually try it at like 30 and work your way down when they di away.
-shinostalling on the edge (upb trick)
-getting on the edge of yoshis then bairing, then jump upb'ing and surviving
-nairing Kirby/puff with a strong hit when leaving the ground
-vs (insert random number here) cpu bthrow Fox at random percents and see all your options for gimping him. Options include: wd'ing onto ledge, jump reverse needling, bair, a whole bunch of stuff. If you can get the first two hits, you should be able to gimp a Fox since it's easy from there. Also, to get the damage up, practice tech chasing by dthrow WITH ONLY REACTING NO PREDICTING PREDICTING IS CHEATING

...that's about all I can think of to practice with sheik...

Octave

Smash Ace
Probably lol.

Things you can practice with Sheik:
-Chaingrabbing Sheik at 0 in training mode with evade on. You probably won't be able to do it so actually try it at like 30 and work your way down when they di away.
-shinostalling on the edge (upb trick)
-getting on the edge of yoshis then bairing, then jump upb'ing and surviving
-nairing Kirby/puff with a strong hit when leaving the ground
-vs (insert random number here) cpu bthrow Fox at random percents and see all your options for gimping him. Options include: wd'ing onto ledge, jump reverse needling, bair, a whole bunch of stuff. If you can get the first two hits, you should be able to gimp a Fox since it's easy from there. Also, to get the damage up, practice tech chasing by dthrow WITH ONLY REACTING NO PREDICTING PREDICTING IS CHEATING

...that's about all I can think of to practice with sheik...
That's a good enough amount of things to practice. .__. Is short hopping important?

S l o X

Smash Champion
That's pretty brutal and will take forever. I can't even do that (not that I've tried) with Fox. Sheik's sh is weird so try SHing with Falco or Ganon or someone where theres a notable difference between jumps. Fox IMO is really hard to sh with because its so fast, or maybe its just me.

Try doing 20 in a row and then from there just do it over until you think you can solidly apply it into your game.

-
lol playing pokemon platinum on emulator.

EC_Joey

Smash Lord
No, do SHFFL'd aerials 100 times in a row and if you miss a short hop, fast fall, or L cancel then start over.

Have fun!

Octave

Smash Ace
Yes'm. :urg:

@Slox - I probably should've upgraded from pearl to platinum but meh. My AceKard got borked somehow and I never got a new one.

S l o X

Smash Champion
lol i like never played any pokemon after fire red which i didnt finish and i dont have any ds cards to download games D:

but yeee 2nd badge get @ me

Octave

Smash Ace
I started playing League of Legends with my roomates...its intresting.
How many classes are there? I was looking on the website and there were like 5 characters but I heard something about a lot more.
lol i like never played any pokemon after fire red which i didnt finish and i dont have any ds cards to download games D:

but yeee 2nd badge get @ me
Pokemon with DLC would be the number 1 Nintendo game hands down with Melee below it by .0000000000000000001%

prog

Priest of the Temple of Syrinx
Not looking good, unless anyone can recommend an AVI repair program (and even that's not guaranteed to work). If I'm not able to fix that one file, then there are absolutely no singles matches from that main tv recorded. And that's makes prog mad as ****.

Hazygoose

Smash Lord
yay sc2 beta running

cept only vs AI

oh well!
how are you liking it? i've been playing a lot this weekend...overlords being able to lay creep randomly=boss, not being auto-observers=/=boss.
the zerg animations are also way more gruesome/bloody/gross, it's awesome.
also the goliaths are now called titans and are piloted by arnold schwarzenegger...omfg.

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
Prog, post your question on the boards of both here (in the techy section of the boards) and LL, I'm sure someone can help you.

EC_Joey

Smash Lord
Keep in mind you want to try and do the SHFFL'd aerials as fast as possible without stopping.

For extra fun, do it with a space animal and shine after every L cancel and before every short hop.

Top Bottom