• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Connecticut Player Finder: We're better than you <3

P. O. F.

Smash Ace
Hey guys:

Pretty important

What matches did Wife commentate at Pound 4? Trying to find them. Thanks!

Edit: Nevermind.

Good **** Pakman and Wife commentating

Edit 2:

I think Wife is the best commentator ever. I know that in the early days of competitive melee he was more so explaining concepts to the Halo crowd....but his commentary really is....the best. He explains the match up, what players need to/should be doing, is funny and really makes me feel as close to the match as possible with anticipation as I watch. He rarely shows any form of bias opinions as well.

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
Cort: Trick question, you don't have a tv remote!

This could become a kinda funny internet meme if you drew pictures with it... just like stick figures or something.

Pakman

WWMD
BRoomer
Cort: Trick question, you don't have a tv remote!

This could become a kinda funny internet meme if you drew pictures with it... just like stick figures or something.
And then we could put the Victorian spin on it and say

ATTENTION GENTLEMEN

QUITE CARDINAL

with this pic

Zombie Lucille Ball

Smash Master
FFFFFFFFFF- I forget the movie this is from.
PW's Big Adventure

You know I respect/love you, Marc, but the Euro Sheiks are ridiculous.

Speaking of Zelda, did anybody play Spirit Tracks? I was repelled by the (imo) completely ridiculous premise, so I never gave it a shot. Was it any good?

I just finished watching IKM3. What did everybody think?
Spirit Tracks: I'm just finishing it now. Being a bit of a completist but not overly so. It's pretty similar to Phantom Hourglass but um with trains. Bad thing about trains: tracks. As in, you can only go where the tracks are. Makes me miss Epona a bit. But it's pretty fun... it starts a little dull and very easy but the dungeons get harder as they go on and one in particular is pretty ****ing challenging. I'm not sure what the consensus is on whether it's better or worse than PH but I'd say if you enjoyed PH (which I did), you'll like ST.
I really like playing my DS for some reason. Maybe cause I can do it in bed with headphones.

IKM3: Scar needs an editor. Too long. It should have just been the length of the first song, plus credits. I generally prefer my combo videos to be more about weird/innovative combos and shorter, rather than 7-9 minute affairs (cough happy feet 1-9 cough) But um yeah good combos.

i like how marc/pakman just joked about creating a meme. because stupidly the chances of that becoming a meme aren't 0.

yo, cog, i got a link for yo ***:
http://blog.okcupid.com/index.php/2010/02/16/the-case-for-an-older-woman/
more statistics. never done online dating, but okcupid's blog is still one of the most interesting things i've ever read.
Good stuff.

Pakman

WWMD
BRoomer
A guy I work with came into work with NOTES from the latest episode of lost.

People's obsession with television shows is outta control.

READ A NEWSPAPER

On a completely unrelated note: MacGyver is the greatest thing that has ever happened to entertainment.

Zombie Lucille Ball

Smash Master
lol MacGyver.

also I got snowraped last night and had to stay a friend's house by work so I didn't watch Lost so no spoilers or I will kick you in the heart really hard

thumbs plz start. also ^_^d Magnolia avatar/location. though it should have been RESPECT THE ****

thumbswayup

Smash Master
lol I debated putting that as my location but then my avatar would had to have been this

as it is, the scene where they all sing Wise Up is my favorite part in the entire film. I've seen it sooo many times (and I only saw the movie for the first time last week ha), in fact I am watching it at work right now LOL

I'm curious though, do you find Magnolia to be a masterpiece, or did you have some problems with it? Initially, I DESPISED many of the characters and that non-sensical ending and was so pissed off that it was all I could think about for the last week. But now that I've thought about it, it kind of does work in the movie. And it's been a long while since a film has gotten me this riled up. The more I think about it, the more the movie grows on me. I think I'm going to watch it again soon and see what I feel afterwards.

I'm finally catching up on all the great classics I've missed over the years. I finally saw Rocky for the first time a few nights ago (yes I know) and loved it. I'm going to FINALLY watch Requiem for a Dream sometime this week.

Zombie Lucille Ball

Smash Master
I think it's so complex it frays at the seams a little bit but in the end is somewhat of a masterpiece (albeit a controversial one). The wife did a huge paper on it in college and it's got layers upon layers.

HollaAtchaBoy

Smash Master
holy ****.
if i can get to waterbury could i go with you?
Here's the thing.

I'm leaving Friday after work and going to NYU to chill with my dudes there for Friday night, and then I'm leaving on Saturday morning to take the PATH train to Jersey City.

There's a parking lot right next to the Waterbury train station that's actually free so long as you leave during the weekend. So you can park there any time and pick up the car on a Saturday or Sunday and you won't have to pay a thing. Little known secret.

I'd suggest anyone in CT who wants to go to Saffron find a way to get to Waterbury and park there for free, take the train in, take the Subway from Grand Central to get to one of the subway stations in Manhattan that has PATH service, then take the PATH to Hoboken, take the bus from Hoboken to the venue in Jersey City. Net total time for that whole trip is probably 3.5 hours, if schedules are perfect. Net cost is probably a little over seventeen dollars each way.

thumbswayup

Smash Master
I think it's so complex it frays at the seams a little bit but in the end is somewhat of a masterpiece (albeit a controversial one). The wife did a huge paper on it in college and it's got layers upon layers.
lol that's pretty ****. I'm guessing you also did a gigantic paper on some film, which did you pick? I'm going to take a wild stab and say Rashomon if you did one.

S l o X

Smash Champion
Using X is such a ***** when I try to: waveshine downwards (like to infinite in PS)

I randomly just used Y and I think I'm more consistent with it but it feels weird right now.

Should I use Y for just wave shining or should I break it in and use it for jumping in general?

S l o X

Smash Champion
bleh y is too far from cstick. that and using y, i sometimes hit x on accident. (and im already used to x for 99% of things)

so ill just stick to x and up on stick.

ZoSo

Smash Champion
I'm pretty sure the X button and Y button are the same distance from the C-stick...

I know MoFo (really technical old school Fox) used X, his logic being that it's easier to move the first joint of your thumb than the second joint. He had probably the best waveshines I've ever seen so that should tell you something.

What you're comfortable with is the main issue, really.

Also, I love Marc.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
I have no idea what buttons I use.
I think I use X for Wave-Anything...and Y for Jump anything.
-DD

S l o X

Smash Champion
@zoso
oh...w/e it feels weird switching so suddenly (not that ive been playing long >_>)
i guess i just gotta get used to switching my fingers from x to b consistently without mistakes
dunno what buffering is

but
(fox only)
stick to shdl
when i double jump to bair i usually use stick
x to sh 1 laser (:
everything else X

... like...EVERYTHING else.

all characters
i use L for lcanceling and rolling and shielding etc...

Zombie Lucille Ball

Smash Master
I use whatever for whatever.

But never X. Ever.

lol that's pretty ****. I'm guessing you also did a gigantic paper on some film, which did you pick? I'm going to take a wild stab and say Rashomon if you did one.
Actually, no, I don't think I ever wrote a big paper on any film. I made movies but all my media studies-type papers were on comics :)

P.c. Chris

Smash Lord
R- For everything besides shielding
L- shield only
Y- everything besides switching colors
X- switching colors LOL.
I have my middle finger on R and my index on Z at all times :D everyone who does this is also the man btw, that youtube video of my hands playing says i have standard micro tho :(

Top Bottom