• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Connecticut Player Finder: We're better than you <3

HollaAtchaBoy

Smash Master
My fiance just downloaded this game on XBLA called Chime, that's kinda like Lumines or Tetris but with music added as an additional element.

It's pretty cool. I would recommend it.

S l o X

Smash Champion
o.O What? GunZ is amazing. It just has terrible security and a huge learning curve once you hit ~25.

Theres no way you know the game more than I do...or at least have played as long as I. The learning curve is bleh. The community is uck. The game itself is okay but every server that isn't Korean blows. If NA/EU servers were made and had the continents were as small as Korea the game would **** like it does...IN KOREA.

I was a frequent tournament contestant. Ranked pretty high and played for agessss. Actually I was thinking about playing again when I got internet and didn't spike.

People underclock their computers and since GunZ was so poorly made, guess what? They play at a much slower pace and aim/lead is 100x easier. Back in iGunZ, no problems 15 round 1v1's were the ****. GunZ was the game I grew up to. >_> sadly.

tl;dr: I played for years. I played during the prime and thats when I started learning k-style, sadly I wasn't able to against people like Hiata / Flower or Basic at their prime. GunZ at is prime (mid-late iGunZ) was the best. ijji GunZ is meh. $$$ = win, that and underclock.

Kart Rider was so SICK that after the NA version died because of the horrible hosts. . . NEXON, I downloaded the Chinese version and played that for half a year.

/insert cool story bro pic here

but yeah. melee *****. (: tarmacker *****. doubles are insane.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
Theres no way you know the game more than I do...or at least have played as long as I. The learning curve is bleh. The community is uck. The game itself is okay but every server that isn't Korean blows. If NA/EU servers were made and had the continents were as small as Korea the game would **** like it does...IN KOREA.

I was a frequent tournament contestant. Ranked pretty high and played for agessss. Actually I was thinking about playing again when I got internet and didn't spike.

People underclock their computers and since GunZ was so poorly made, guess what? They play at a much slower pace and aim/lead is 100x easier. Back in iGunZ, no problems 15 round 1v1's were the ****. GunZ was the game I grew up to. >_> sadly.
I played GunZ pretty consistently for years though, never played any Korean servers or anything though.

o.O Where were there GunZ tournaments?

NEXON is terrible. All they care about is MapleStory. I played Audition on Nexon for a while, but then they just stopped supporting it and let it die, then shoved it off on RedBana to squirm a little more.
-DD

S l o X

Smash Champion
lol it was np bro. i meant to tell you to drive safe before leaving but it slipped last second

:D good thing your in 1 piece

@dd - lol ijji hosts them like once a month nowadays. i quit last january (lol, quite a few months before i started melee) prizes are usually ipod nanos if i remember corrrectly. i played in two before i quit (premiums are expensive but my last tourney i got them for free). first one we lost second round and second we made it to finals against ...addpoints? slips my mind, some insanely laggy european clan. i'm gonna play like next month or sometime when i get internet with some old school friends.

gunz was pretty fun, the face pacyness of it was what made it good.

Budai578

Smash Apprentice
You know I respect/love you, Marc, but the Euro Sheiks are ridiculous.

Speaking of Zelda, did anybody play Spirit Tracks? I was repelled by the (imo) completely ridiculous premise, so I never gave it a shot. Was it any good?

I just finished watching IKM3. What did everybody think?
I played Phantom Hourglass and I really liked it, so I bought Spirit Tracks when it came out... still in it's wrapping. I'll get around to it eventually. I didn't think I'd like PH when I found out you control Link with the stylus, but I ended up getting used to it and liking the game a lot.

DD - Bioshock might seem boring at first if you don't really care about the story, but it gets insane really quickly... just keep it up. Definitely worth playing!

S l o X

Smash Champion
Ryan Roberts Memorial Tournament up?

**** yes.

yeah chances of me going to saffron are 0

or maybe 1

nah just 0.

idc though i finally got to play and melee is fun as hell

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
Sounds good Hab. I'll see if I can somehow get to Waterbury.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
DD - Bioshock might seem boring at first if you don't really care about the story, but it gets insane really quickly... just keep it up. Definitely worth playing!
Yeahhhhh...but I just get frustrated. Trying to fight the first Rosie...and stuff...and I die...I have like, no ammo, no money, no nothing xD.

-DD

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
I wish I didn't live in an area where you can only get to places by driving.

Top Bottom