• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Connecticut Player Finder: We're better than you <3

Zombie Lucille Ball

Smash Master
Under normal circumstances, I would never dream to defy such a Quadrant of Cool, but I must.

Agreed that when Molina was on screen, Spiderman 2 was amazing (because Molina is amazing, not because of the movie itself). When he wasn't though, it was pretty awful. I also didn't like that Spidey losing his powers was just an unexplained plot device: he didn't want to be Spidey anymore, so they magically dissapear, and when he needs to save Mary Jane, they're conveniently back!

I have tons of other gripes that I won't bore you with, but the sheer absurdity of the following scene pretty much encapsulates the problems with Spidey 2:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwmCJsbwxIc&feature=related#t=7m47s
Was expecting the uncle ben dream sequence... got an amazing scene?

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
You got off easy. I play T1.

Sorry, Vintage.

I started around 4th Edition, stopped playing around Mirage. Then I picked it up at like Apocalypse and gave it up when I moved to NYC to go to school. That was... like, end of Kamigawa Block. Missed Ravnica completely, but I apparently didn't miss much in Vintage goodness.

extended is what got buffed from rav iirc.

Chum

Smash Apprentice
I used to juggle both.

I played from kamigawa's release(end of morodin block if im not mistaken) and all the way through till the end of the Ravnica block.

T2 is soooo expensive. What I shouldve done was get weathered in drafting, but by the time i realized my mistake of learning straight t2 metagame and netdecking I'd gone in too deep. I later towards the end learned more about the game as a whole when this realization occurred
I always just borrowed decks and cards from people i played with, but I just started playing again like 2 weeks ago at some prerelease so I have no one to borrow cards from anymore. I did win a box at the trouney though, makes me happy mtg is like riding a bike so i can still keep on winning XD
t1 is less expensive than t2
Only sorta true, Vintage is so much more expensive at first, but standard gets more expensive over time because of the rotating blocks

Octave

Smash Ace
I have a kamigawa deck but I was never really into magic. I got it from a friend. I personally can't beat anyone in Magic but I let my friend use it once and beat someone in two rounds... so I guess its just me lol.

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! &lt;
*overlooks all of Jam's points*

spidey 2 is the best! ^_^

Dazwa: Igloo accomplished...but the unforgiving Georgian sun was out all day and melted everything ;__;

*checks watch* sweeeeet I finally get to leave the store in an hour.........after being here since 3PM yesterday >_>

ZoSo

Smash Champion
Does anybody know if there's an Action Replay compendium or something of the sort on SWF?

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
Zoso, I don't think there's an AR compendium on SWF (to the best of my knowledge).

ZoSo

Smash Champion
Feel better, Slox. =(

Valentine's Day is stupid but I hope everybody has a good day regardless. =D

S l o X

Smash Champion
if nothing is going on this week

and if i can pick up some $$

then i might be going to saffron

oh and writing helps release frustration, its probably the only reason im never mad in front of people :D

P. O. F.

Smash Ace
I might go to a tourney next week because my Saturday class is canceled.

Probably not though, I'm pretty much not going to go to tournies aside from the big ones like Apex, Cat 5, and Planks summer tourney.

I like making $$$$ more.

Top Bottom