• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Connecticut Player Finder: We're better than you <3

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
Watching Spiderman 2 pisses me off so much because Spiderman 1 is one of my favorite movies ever

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! &lt;
yeah...I closed up about 3 hours early too because I had some crazy *** customers come and say "can't believe I got outta the house just to play the d*mn lotto...but I heard you guys were open so we came up here"

ugh...there have already been a couple wrecks up the road from us [7 miles in one direction away from the store is nothing but residential areas mixed with farmland...no commercial properties of any kind and tons of wooded areas without street lights]...one of them was fatal.

So yeah I didn't wanna encourage any others to leave their houses just because we're open.

S l o X

Smash Champion
I hate how BootMii works once every twenty or so times.

D: I probably wont be entering any OOS tournaments for a few months. Pretty pointless right now imo

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
Exactly.

*****z hatin
I agree.

Excellent movie.
Why would it piss you off: 2 is so much better than 1.
Gotta agree with Cog and Toasty.

Alfred Molina ALL DAI!
Under normal circumstances, I would never dream to defy such a Quadrant of Cool, but I must.

Agreed that when Molina was on screen, Spiderman 2 was amazing (because Molina is amazing, not because of the movie itself). When he wasn't though, it was pretty awful. I also didn't like that Spidey losing his powers was just an unexplained plot device: he didn't want to be Spidey anymore, so they magically dissapear, and when he needs to save Mary Jane, they're conveniently back!

I have tons of other gripes that I won't bore you with, but the sheer absurdity of the following scene pretty much encapsulates the problems with Spidey 2:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwmCJsbwxIc&feature=related#t=7m47s

S l o X

Smash Champion
waste of money. i dont even have the basics of melee down yet, that and i dont have a job to spend $ on my hobby

melee is a pretty expensive hobby. (not really)

(why arent you on aim)

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
I hate how BootMii works once every twenty or so times.

D: I probably wont be entering any OOS tournaments for a few months. Pretty pointless right now imo

That cause you are booting from an IOS.
-DD

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
Melee was the biggest saving of money I've ever done through changing a hobby.

I used to play Magic.
I used to juggle both.

I played from kamigawa's release(end of morodin block if im not mistaken) and all the way through till the end of the Ravnica block.

T2 is soooo expensive. What I shouldve done was get weathered in drafting, but by the time i realized my mistake of learning straight t2 metagame and netdecking I'd gone in too deep. I later towards the end learned more about the game as a whole when this realization occurred

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
XD This.

hahahahahaha
So I never saw Beast Wars past a few Season 1 eps so I don't know much about how the characters were in the show...but this sounds strangely reminiscent of Vash and Knives and their outlooks on Life?

I missed Spawn's birthday ;__;

[LOL @ Pakman's post btw]

also...anyone see the Amsah Vs. Eggm MM???

****'s inspiring.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gLWX43j_U7M

[watch the whole set]
It's okay Toasty, still <3.

Also, I've been watching Amsah play like it's my job so yes I've seen that set. Matches 2 and 3 are the only ones that I kept rewatching though (I think it's 2 and 3, whichever one is on YS and FD where Eggm wins).

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
Ugh, stupid double post. I definitely edited my last post and didn't make a new post whatever.
waste of money. i dont even have the basics of melee down yet, that and i dont have a job to spend $ on my hobby

melee is a pretty expensive hobby. (not really)

(why arent you on aim)
Actually melee is a pretty **** expensive hobby. Flying and driving (especially maintaining your car) are so costly you can't even imagine, blargh.

HollaAtchaBoy

Smash Master
I used to juggle both.

I played from kamigawa's release(end of morodin block if im not mistaken) and all the way through till the end of the Ravnica block.

T2 is soooo expensive. What I shouldve done was get weathered in drafting, but by the time i realized my mistake of learning straight t2 metagame and netdecking I'd gone in too deep. I later towards the end learned more about the game as a whole when this realization occurred
You got off easy. I play T1.

Sorry, Vintage.

I started around 4th Edition, stopped playing around Mirage. Then I picked it up at like Apocalypse and gave it up when I moved to NYC to go to school. That was... like, end of Kamigawa Block. Missed Ravnica completely, but I apparently didn't miss much in Vintage goodness.

Top Bottom