• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Connecticut Player Finder: We're better than you <3

noodles

Smash Champion
I just downloaded the heavy rain demo. I kinda wanna get it but itll probably wait till the price drops.

HollaAtchaBoy

Smash Master
Rampage was the biggest surprise of a character I remember in Transformers history.

First off, he's most def a sadist, straight up getting off on inflicting pain on people. Rampage could open his own S&M Club. Secondly, he's supposed to be like, one of the biggest in size on the entire Beast Wars series. Yet the producers effed up later on in the last few episodes of the second season and like, the entire third season, where they make him approximately the size of Rhinox or Depth Charge, which is dumb. His introductory episode was godly and made him out to be like this completely insurmountable force to be reckoned with.

But then he ends up being a punk-*** for the rest of the show. Mad dumb. He's ****ING INVINCIBLE, man! He cannot be destroyed
(even though he does eventually die, another dumb executive decision)
, and c'mon he's a giant effing Crab. How badace is that?

_milktea

Smash Lord
Joey, a fake? Funniest thing I've ever heard. Joey is awesome/sweet/kind.

On another note, DON'T MAKE ART JOKES :[. I'm coincidentally reading about Cubism, SO BORING!!!

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon

On another note, DON'T MAKE ART JOKES :[. I'm coincidentally reading about Cubism, SO BORING!!!
D: It was appropriate though...
Poffy said that side didn't exist, and Neo Cubism = Seeing all sides of everything.
:3

>_> Its a bad joke, but yeah.

:x sowwy~
-DD

P. O. F.

Smash Ace
I wasn't talking towards the community, I was talking towards me.

His attitude toward me is simply just because Dave hates me and he just joins in with what Dave says. I've seen the way Dave treats Joey at events and its funny because he treats him like hes his friggin padawan or something.

He never cared or stated any form of reply toward me until Dave started getting on my ***. its actually really funny. Way to think for yourself man :bee: Did you have an epihany or something? Because out of ****ing nowhere you started trying to be an *** to me or something.

You guys keep making my day to how much some of you bandwagon?

Thanks.

I'm getting to the point where I just love going out of my way to piss people off. Almost. God this thread is funny.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
I've seen the way Dave treats Joey at events and its funny because he treats him like hes his friggin padawan or something.
Dude.
If you knew ANYTHING about Star Wars, you'd know Padawans are treated liek ****. Some of the fanfics I've seen put it in SUCH a perspective man. You wouldn't even know.

Go read an Intergalactic News Quarterly.

Unless you DO know, and that's exactly what you were saying.
-DD

P. O. F.

Smash Ace
You guys keep tryin to get off on that "newspaper" crap. GG's.

Jedi Mind Tricks= rraaapppppeeee

Someone should play Melee with me today/tonight.

Either that or I'm going to New London tonight to play SF IV with some people.

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
or you could just make pompous, misinformed posts all the time.
but wait, that couldn't be... right?

also next time you call someone out and make false claims, make sure to specify exactly how said claims are meant to be interpreted so we don't misinterpret
"fakest person on smashboards"

as not being directed straight at you.

i mean smashboards, may as well be pofboards right

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
ya that's why it's pofbreards lol rite guys

btw someone cure me of my addiction to philly cheesesteaks

also i really enjoy cubism and neocubism.
i did a presentation as marcel duchamp for my AP Art history class.
i had to wear a bowtie.

ZoSo

Smash Champion
His attitude toward me is simply just because Dave hates me and he just joins in with what Dave says.
I don't hate you, ******.

Joey has a mind of his own. Me and him are friends and so we think alike. If you think there's something wrong with that, I don't know what to tell you.

I've seen the way Dave treats Joey at events and its funny because he treats him like hes his friggin padawan or something.
What does that even mean? If you're saying that I view Joey as a student of sorts, I don't think that's necessarily wrong. I've tried to share the benefit of my experience with him at least where Melee is concerned, but he's my friend above all else.

Anyway, I don't usually hang around Joey that much at tournaments since I'm usually busy talking with out-of-staters who I rarely get to see.

This is mostly just for laughs, since I know you can't back any of that up, but could you give me an example of what you're talking about?

He never cared or stated any form of reply toward me until Dave started getting on my ***. its actually really funny. Way to think for yourself man :bee: Did you have an epihany or something? Because out of ****ing nowhere you started trying to be an *** to me or something.

It says a lot that you still hold no accountability in the way you're regarded on these boards.

Last night, I skimmed my posting history just to make sure I'm not going insane and it turns out I was exactly right. I mostly ignored Garrett's bad posts at first and I was never excessively mean to him until he started getting butthurt about people's opinions.

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
Rampage was the biggest surprise of a character I remember in Transformers history.

First off, he's most def a sadist, straight up getting off on inflicting pain on people. Rampage could open his own S&M Club. Secondly, he's supposed to be like, one of the biggest in size on the entire Beast Wars series. Yet the producers effed up later on in the last few episodes of the second season and like, the entire third season, where they make him approximately the size of Rhinox or Depth Charge, which is dumb. His introductory episode was godly and made him out to be like this completely insurmountable force to be reckoned with.

But then he ends up being a punk-*** for the rest of the show. Mad dumb. He's ****ING INVINCIBLE, man! He cannot be destroyed
(even though he does eventually die, another dumb executive decision)
, and c'mon he's a giant effing Crab. How badace is that?
Well,

the way he died made sense to me at least, since the blade that Megatron used to cut his spark was refined enerjon, as opposed to the raw enerjon Depth Charge used.

I look at Rampage as more of a way to comment on the Beast Wars itself. In case it wasn't obvious enough, it revealed Megatron to be a completely self-absorbed maniac who tortured another being into fighting for his insane cause.

Then there's the episode "Transmutate," where he bonds with the Transmutate. Sure, he wanted them to destroy their enemies, but there was something poignant in the fact that Optimus, the ultimate good guy, wanted to neutralize the Transmutate while Rampage wanted to help it grow (in an dark way, of course). Rampage is definitely evil, but he's also the most alone character in the show.

In terms or most ****** characters to me (skipping the obvious ones like Megatron and Dinobot), I gotta go with Inferno. For the Royalty!

ZoSo

Smash Champion
So I was playing my scrub friend's Falco last night and I powershielded like 90% of his lasers.

I was Samus one game; I shielded one laser right at the start, then I powershielded every single laser he shot at me for the rest of the match. I even ended the match by powershielding an approaching SHL and immediately short hop nair'ing. The nair combo'd from the laser and killed him.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
So I was playing my scrub friend's Falco last night and I powershielded like 90% of his lasers.

I was Samus one game; I shielded one laser right at the start, then I powershielded every single laser he shot at me for the rest of the match. I even ended the match by powershielding an approaching SHL and immediately short hop nair'ing. The nair combo'd from the laser and killed him.
jesus christ you're a ******...

when are you gonna start winning nationals?

P. O. F.

Smash Ace
I don't hate you, ******.

Last night, I skimmed my posting history just to make sure I'm not going insane and it turns out I was exactly right. I mostly ignored Garrett's bad posts at first and I was never excessively mean to him until he started getting butthurt about people's opinions.

I liked this segment. It actually made me smile. Yeah, I really didn't butt in to what you were saying until you started calling me out.

Noodles-Yeah, we can play that SF IV game too. I'll head over in like 20 minutes.

I was gonna go play PC but he called me back and canceled because he has **** to do. :ohwell:

Gonna see em next week tho hopefully.

ZoSo

Smash Champion
Once I start having fun with the game/commit to a character/make time to play Cort until 10 in the morning again.

ZoSo

Smash Champion
A friend of mine offered me ten bucks to append "Also, I'm a butt. D:" to one of my posts.

I did it without hesitation, of course.

EC_Joey

Smash Lord
His attitude toward me is simply just because Dave hates me and he just joins in with what Dave says. I've seen the way Dave treats Joey at events and its funny because he treats him like hes his friggin padawan or something.

I'm getting to the point where I just love going out of my way to piss people off. Almost. God this thread is funny.
I admire the way Dave plays. Most people do. Doesn't mean I started to rag on you in order to emulate Dave. You make it sound like I wouldn't point out flaws in your posts if nobody else did. I call it like I see it.
I think it's ridiculous how people waste so much time going to tournaments. I held a tournament not long ago and I got all mad when very few people showed up.

I make arbitrary statements about which player is better than another, yet I can't be bothered to "devote myself to keeping up with the tournament scene and all that mumbo jumbo".

I have the right to have opinions, but nobody can have opinions about my opinions.
Oh no, I fell for it and replied with a serious post! You're the best troll ever.

HollaAtchaBoy

Smash Master
So two bits of Waterbury-Smash news.

I talked to a good friend of mine from back in my MTG days. He and his friend are trying to accumulate funds to open up their own card shop. Along with hosting MTG and table top gaming, he wants to go against all the other shopowners he knows and actually do video game tournies. He's looking for a place in Watertown, and if he does open it he would be more than willing to start being a venue for Smash. Of course, it's all still kind of a pipe dream, but hey, it's a more real possibility than it was yesterday.

Secondly, there's a game store in the Waterbury Mall that's been hosting various game tournies (TvC, MW2, etc) and I am planning on sitting down with the store manager to discuss a potential inclusion of Melee to the roster some time this year.

Also, Jam, Inferno's hilarious.

S l o X

Smash Champion
I guess you're right . . . but I do think two douche bags hitting each other in the face with all they've got is PRETTY interesting.

Or at least . . . enjoyable.

Top Bottom