• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Connecticut Player Finder: We're better than you <3

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
thumbs-You should man up and play MH.

Everyone in CT thread who owns a Wii (minus pakman because i understand why he doesnt play it.)

better ****ing have Monster Hunter Tri when it comes out around the same time as Super Street Fighter IV so we hunt together and call them "CT ****." or something. haha
Couldn't have said it better myself.
-DD

P. O. F.

Smash Ace
Oh Nick, I love you sometimes.

I'm excited for the new Guilty Gear and why the heck are they making another Blaz Blue if they are just going to go back to the better game, GG?

That's like saying, "Lets make a Melee II...but wait, we should make a Brawl II."

EC_Joey

Smash Lord
Joey, the fests at Chred's place usually take place on Friday or Saturday nights whenever a bunch of us decide to go.
Hmmmmm wondering how I would go about getting from Baltimore to College Park when I head down there for Spring Break. Bus?

ZoSo

Smash Champion
Seb, next time I see you at a tourney I'm gonna start quoting Tombstone at you. Then we'll money match.

noodles

Smash Champion
I found someone online that doesnt mind ****** me for 2-3 hours. IM GONNA GET SO MUCH BETTER!

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
Oh Nick, I love you sometimes.
<3
I'm excited for the new Guilty Gear and why the heck are they making another Blaz Blue if they are just going to go back to the better game, GG?

That's like saying, "Lets make a Melee II...but wait, we should make a Brawl II."
xD BlazBlue and GG are verrryyy similar.

Especially in the second BlazBlue, they carry over a lot of things.
BlazBlue was going to be worse than the last GG because the first iteration of traditional fighters tend to suck, hence updates/sequels.

The next BlazBlue is kinda like the Super Street Fighter 4 for BB.

-DD

P. O. F.

Smash Ace
The only thing I like about BB is Hakumen and Litchi. I think all of the other characters are the dumbest concepts ever. That's just me though.

Fire and Ice brothers, a guy with a giant nail, a cat, a female vampire and robot, a blob, and a puppet master. LOL, what?

Someone should play Melee w me tonight and stop being lazy.

Also, I love DK in Melee. Gonna watch some DK footage and start building up other characters so I can help my Marth. Taking Swifts advice. :)

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
The only thing I like about BB is Hakumen and Litchi. I think all of the other characters are the dumbest concepts ever. That's just me though.

Fire and Ice brothers, a guy with a giant nail, a cat, a female vampire and robot, a blob, and a puppet master. LOL, what?
it's not like the characters in guilty gear are really any better... but come on! who doesn't love robo ky? do you dislike darkstalkers by chance?
how about street fighter's outrageously racist stereotypes?
they're all fun characters though.

the brawl comparison is a faulty one. BB is simpler, but not to the extent that brawl is to melee.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
Personally, I find the concept of Iron Tager really cool...and the whole "character's special power" things. Even though some of the ones that shoot swords out of nowehere are kinda brokened.

Although I never really care about character's backstories or looks.
>_> Hence playing Mewtwo. Ugly Mofo with no real story.

And you play Marth, so I'm almost positive you could care less LOL.
-DD

S l o X

Smash Champion
why is falco so fun to watch and sometimes play

but when i play in tourney with him i get *****?

D:

-

i really want to just go to public school

private school is sooo bad

like, i dont plan on going to college

but im sure my parents want me to

even tho were poor they expect me to keep my grades extra high

and stuff. i already know what i want to do

. . . i dont know how to say: hey i think your wasting your money on private school

i rather just type a long paper and leave it on their bed

or something. . . >_> HELP

EC_Joey

Smash Lord
Personally, I find the concept of Iron Tager really cool...and the whole "character's special power" things. Even though some of the ones that shoot swords out of nowehere are kinda brokened.

Although I never really care about character's backstories or looks.
>_> Hence playing Mewtwo. Ugly Mofo with no real story.

-DD

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
why is falco so fun to watch and sometimes play

but when i play in tourney with him i get *****?

D:

-

i really want to just go to public school

private school is sooo bad

like, i dont plan on going to college

but im sure my parents want me to

even tho were poor they expect me to keep my grades extra high

and stuff. i already know what i want to do

. . . i dont know how to say: hey i think your wasting your money on private school

i rather just type a long paper and leave it on their bed

or something. . . >_> HELP
>_> Go to public school, look impressive, get good grades, get scholarships that help offset the "poorness", go to college, get a higher payer job, pay rest of college bill, live life.

:3 Get it? Its what your parents are basically saying.
LOL.
I think he looks like Marth too, so yeah.
Stuff.

*Watching LOST*
-DD

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
I'll most likely be getting SSF4. I don't think I can play the first one anymore lol
Don't make me punch you through the internet.

it's not like the characters in guilty gear are really any better... but come on! who doesn't love robo ky? do you dislike darkstalkers by chance?
how about street fighter's outrageously racist stereotypes?
they're all fun characters though.

the brawl comparison is a faulty one. BB is simpler, but not to the extent that brawl is to melee.
Robo Ky is probably the best fighting game character ever.

Hazygoose

Smash Lord
The only thing I like about BB is Hakumen and Litchi. I think all of the other characters are the dumbest concepts ever. Fire and Ice brothers, a guy with a giant nail, a cat, a female vampire and robot, a blob, and a puppet master. LOL, what?

Also, I love DK in Melee.
what the **** are you talking about?

P. O. F.

Smash Ace
DK's mad fun in Melee.
YES!

-DD
Marths fashionable son. He looks good while he kicks peoples ***. <3 Hes like Vega.

Arguably the best thing ever posted in the CT Thread. I love watching skateboarding videos!

Chocolate
Rodney Mullen Vs Daewon Song Round 2
Mouse (Best skate video ever)
Boob
Eric Koston's material
Old 80's Tony Hawk ghetto footage lol
Jamie Thomas (Leap of Faith is insane)

Rodney Mullen is my favorite of all time. invented the ollie, 360 flip, and freestyle as we know it today. He basically was the motivation behind street skating.

Time to get off on amazing footage:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1U-cgn3cEGA (Yeah, hes incredible)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fv6ofFhVQKM (Opening and FS Noseblunt at 1:41 makes me cry.)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eo2xiUiiIAE&feature=related (Hes not good but that intro I remember being pretty funny.)

God, I haven't skated in YEARS.

Don't make me punch you through the internet.
I miss you.

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
?

I was referring to SF4 when I said I wouldn't play it anymore and that's because SSF4 is about to come out. That and I didn't really care for it.

lol he was my first main in GG
Oh, okay. I thought you were saying that you weren't getting SSF4 :mad:

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! &lt;
getting girls is a surprisingly deep and philosophical topic

as is sex

both of which i have books in progress on

get at me

hah, the only time I've ever approached a random female, it was at a concert and it was the first time I'd ever asked a girl for her number.....................and then we dated for 2 1/2 years XD

for real though, if you're subconsciously haunted by "what people view you as," take advantage of the fact that this random girl knows NOTHING about you. I mean, don't front and end up looking like a jack*ss when you can't keep up the charade, just don't let your insecurities cripple you and keep you from something that could be an amazing exerpience...

but yeah, totally concur with those first two lines, Trade... *pound*
they've been under the radar pretty much just making remakes for new consoles but they just had a new game hit the japanese arcades.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4_7goH48i4

what.
the.
LOLLLL wtf?!

Also: ommmmmg <3 Bubble Bobble! [Bust-a-move also holds a special place in my heart...lil 4 year old toasty SO wanted the Bubble Bobble dragons to be an ICs-like character in Brawl....but then I wondered wtf they would do besides blow bubbles >_>...THEN I thought it'd be awesome if their recovery was catching each other in a bubble and rising up..............................then I realized that was really dumb :(]

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
hah, the only time I've ever approached a random female, it was at a concert and it was the first time I'd ever asked a girl for her number.....................and then we dated for 2 1/2 years XD

for real though, if you're subconsciously haunted by "what people view you as," take advantage of the fact that this random girl knows NOTHING about you. I mean, don't front and end up looking like a jack*ss when you can't keep up the charade, just don't let your insecurities cripple you and keep you from something that could be an amazing exerpience...

I once asked a girl for her phone number, and she gave it to me. Then she asked me how old I was, and I said 20. I asked her how old she was, she said 29. I said, "Whaaaaa?" (I literally said that; she did NOT look that much older than me), and I was so intimidated that I never called her.

Haha I suck at girls

EDIT- And Trade is right, girls and sex are pretty deep

*fist pound after Toasty's pound*

trademark0013

Smash Champion
1 footed smith all day

burnquist is my fav skater hands down.
darkslide

and *pound* for the second part

so... ur record is 100%? nice

and *pound*
EDIT- And Trade is right, girls and sex are pretty deep

*fist pound after Toasty's pound*
*pound*

u both get advanced copies of my book when it comes out

*is actually srs about the book, tho the book on education in america comes first, then that one*

toasty

Smash Hero
I once asked a girl for her phone number, and she gave it to me. Then she asked me how old I was, and I said 20. I asked her how old she was, she said 29. I said, "Whaaaaa?" (I literally said that; she did NOT look that much older than me), and I was so intimidated that I never called her.
LOL dammmn...the first conversation I had with her on the phone was:

Erica: so....how old are you?
me: >_>...how old are you?
Erica: I asked you first...
me: eff.....I'm 20...and you?
Erica: effff...
me: oh no...
Erica:.............16.
me: efffffffffffff!!!

[didn't end up dating for a whiiile XD]

so... ur record is 100%? nice

and *pound*

u both get advanced copies of my book when it comes out

*is actually srs about the book, tho the book on education in america comes first, then that one*
LOL yeah...and I'm not ashamed to say that the next girl that I dated was an acquaintance I "picked up" using Honesty Box on Facebook hahahaha...****'s underrated!

and good luck with the book(s)!

speaking of books...has anyone else here ever read Shantaram?

It's been two years since I've read it and I still get the "this is soooo good @_@" goosebumps when I think about certain parts...

If you haven't read it....omfg.......amazing...more on that, later.

thumbswayup

Smash Master
I first read that as, "The book on Captain America comes first", lolol

speaking of books...has anyone else here ever read Shantaram?

It's been two years since I've read it and I still get the "this is soooo good @_@" goosebumps when I think about certain parts...

If you haven't read it....omfg.......amazing...more on that, later.
What's it about?

S l o X

Smash Champion
so anytime i need some inspiration then i listen to anis mojgani at grand slam and i think of toasty

specifically his face when watching dr pp vs lucky set

@ p4

:D

toasty

Smash Hero
What's it about?
It's largely inspired by the amazing life story of the author.

I'll try it this way to avoid walls of text:

- he's an Australian felon convicted of armed robberies he committed to support a heroin addiction he suffered after a broken marriage costed him his daughter

- he escapes from a maximum security prison in broad daylight between 2 gun towers

- he flees to Asia/Africa/Europe for the next 10 years

- most of that time is spent in Bombay, India, where he sets up free clinics for slum dwellers, works in the Bollywood Film Industry, and.........serves as a gun-runner, smuggler, counterfeiter, and soldier of the Bombay Mafia @_@

- after finally getting caught in Europe [iirc], he writes Shantaram during the remainder of his 19 year sentence [only to have it confiscated, forcing him to rewrite it, btw XD]

- the novel is inspired by his time spent in Bombay.

so anytime i need some inspiration then i listen to anis mojgani at grand slam and i think of toasty

specifically his face when watching dr pp vs lucky set

@ p4

:D
LOL oh dear...I can't even imagine how I must have looked to everyone...oh, right, like a crazy person. hehehe

trademark0013

Smash Champion
LOL dammmn...the first conversation I had with her on the phone was:

Erica: so....how old are you?
me: >_>...how old are you?
Erica: I asked you first...
me: eff.....I'm 20...and you?
Erica: effff...
me: oh no...
Erica:.............16.
me: efffffffffffff!!!

[didn't end up dating for a whiiile XD]

LOL yeah...and I'm not ashamed to say that the next girl that I dated was an acquaintance I "picked up" using Honesty Box on Facebook hahahaha...****'s underrated!

and good luck with the book(s)!
20 and 16 aint that bad imo. thats a normal occurrence

and honesty box gets off

and gracias

Top Bottom