• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Connecticut Player Finder: We're better than you <3

P. O. F.

Smash Ace
lmao omg. yo i was lookin to see if me vs otg was up and this is what i found

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dLOi5gqaZig
I died. LOL

Also

I think Swifts Marth is creative as ****. Not gonna lie, I watch him closely when he plays him. (for ideas and such.) I'm surprised there actually aren't more Marth mains out there. I think hes easily a better character than Jigs, Falcon, and Sheik.

My thing is: If you can space good with Marth, nothing beats your fair. Plain and simple.

and what the heck did Eggm do? After pound my respect for Eggm literally went up a good 5+ points. Hes hilarious. I want to play Melee tomorrow/today. I haven't played in a bit.

Someone?

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
My thing is: If you can space good with Marth, nothing beats your fair. Plain and simple.
theoretically yes, in practice, not really.

edit: actually, theoretically "almost"
editedit: you know what, the more i think about it, the more wrong it is.
so just "not really"

if this were the case marth would easily be unstoppable. he is not.

there are sadly not many good marth mains.
we have m2k
then people who aren't m2k

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
theoretically yes, in practice, not really.

edit: actually, theoretically "almost"
editedit: you know what, the more i think about it, the more wrong it is.
so just "not really"

if this were the case marth would easily be unstoppable. he is not.

there are sadly not many good marth mains.
we have m2k
then people who aren't m2k
Its because they stop using FAir.

If they used FAir non-stop, they would win.
Going for that kill? Wiff an FSmash? Well, that was nice, now you die.

But uhhh
On the 4th, God Eater comes out for the PSP[in Japan], and on the 25th BlazBlue Portable comes out for the PSP[in Japan].

:3 I'm excited!
-DD

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
Its because they stop using FAir.

If they used FAir non-stop, they would win.
Going for that kill? Wiff an FSmash? Well, that was nice, now you die.
sounds more like ganondorf to me

raptor boost beats it

as does pk fire

and falcos lazr

and falcon punch
i also considered scenarios such as sh delayed fair fastfall (gayyyy) and many others

but there are also counters to that and msot every scenario

EC_Joey

Smash Lord
I just spent an hour trying to understand what the hell my physics professor was talking about in class. ugh. my brain hurts.

ZoSo

Smash Champion
Theoretically, Marth should be able to completely wall any character if he never messes up, but in practice, no Marth can do this against top players for an entire match. If you had Peach's float and could be ready to fair at any time, maybe, but Marth is vulnerable right after he fairs and right as he lands. The openings are small, but good players can exploit them.

Also, lol @ "I'm talking about physical attacks." You can't just ignore a huge part of the game so you can be right. That's like saying, "Sheik vs. Marth is even as long as Sheik doesn't dthrow."

Also, Sheik is better than Marth for the simple fact that she can reliably kill people without gimping them.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
Marth sucks, none of his safe moves do anything and his moves that do things are laggy as **** and get ***** at the higher levels of play.

And I mean, if we want to talk theory, people should be able to running powershield Marth's fairs that are supposed to keep them out and then punish him. Or shoot him if we're talking less theoretically awesome play. Or use shine's 1st frame of invincibility if we're talking theoretically perfect. I guess what I'm getting at is that IMO, marth belongs in Falcon/Peach tier, where he punishes well enough and is far enough ahead of the rest of the cast that he falls somewhere between Fox/Falco/Jiggs/Sheik tier and sucky characters that can sometimes do cool things (Samus/ICs/Ganon/Doc).

P. O. F.

Smash Ace
Theoretically, Marth should be able to completely wall any character if he never messes up, but in practice, no Marth can do this against top players for an entire match. If you had Peach's float and could be ready to fair at any time, maybe, but Marth is vulnerable right after he fairs and right as he lands. The openings are small, but good players can exploit them.

Also, lol @ "I'm talking about physical attacks." You can't just ignore a huge part of the game so you can be right. That's like saying, "Sheik vs. Marth is even as long as Sheik doesn't dthrow."

Also, Sheik is better than Marth for the simple fact that she can reliably kill people without gimping them.
Marth sucks, none of his safe moves do anything and his moves that do things are laggy as **** and get ***** at the higher levels of play.

And I mean, if we want to talk theory, people should be able to running powershield Marth's fairs that are supposed to keep them out and then punish him. Or shoot him if we're talking less theoretically awesome play. Or use shine's 1st frame of invincibility if we're talking theoretically perfect. I guess what I'm getting at is that IMO, marth belongs in Falcon/Peach tier, where he punishes well enough and is far enough ahead of the rest of the cast that he falls somewhere between Fox/Falco/Jiggs/Sheik tier and sucky characters that can sometimes do cool things (Samus/ICs/Ganon/Doc).
Marth is easily better than Falcon, Peach, and Jigs. I see your argument though. He definitely gets ***** by Falco a bit more now IMO but I still think he does just fine VS Fox. Fox is still like one of my favorite match ups. I really find that against Fox I have to worry about two things: Shine, and Uthrow. I like Peach a lot now. :) FINALLY! LOL. I finally had a bit Peach practice and am getting good at it. Sheiks recovery is also easily telegraphed and very punishable while Marths is so safe if you recover properly.

Marth is also REALLY good VS Jigs which really boosts him IMO as well. It's pretty easy. Retreating Fair. She can't do anything against it. If you just think about match ups w Sheik and Marth....Marth really has an easier time. Sheik takes care of Ganon and Falcon better but Marth does Fox, Falco, (thats questionable actually) Jigs, and IC's better. All which, IMO are a better set of characters to do better against.

Edit: I REALLY want to play smash 64.

EC_Joey

Smash Lord
Hay Ryan:
LOLOLOL Believe me, if I had the money and power in Hollywood I would make as many movies as I could in my lifetime. That's what I want to end up doing anyway.

But the odds of that happening are so unbelievably low so if you want to wait a couple decades to see my first movie then be my guest
Just go to film school with CogSmooch's wife.
I dream of doing this every night.
Watch out!

Top Bottom