• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Connecticut Player Finder: We're better than you <3

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
wait nvm pokemon isn't cool fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu
D: Yes it is.
*is tempted to get the Jp version of HG, doesn't want to wait until March*

OH! MHFrontier is coming out for Xbox360.

Wtf Capcom. No love for PS3? I kinda wanted to get a PS3, but if MHFr is coming to 360, then I have little incentive to get a PS3...unless I wanna play AdHoc Party MHFU...

UGH DECISIONS!
=[ and I can't pirate on either system, but PS3 is looking hopeful now...

I kinda wish MHFr would just come out for the PC. That would make my life easy.

-DD

Zombie Lucille Ball

Smash Master
That Falcos not the second best character in the game and your evidence is ***. "Scar gets beat by random Falcos." Cool. That's one person. Does Hax? Dark Rain? SS?

Prove your points.

News Flash: The best Marth player in the world gets beat by Jigs (Hbox, MaNg0) and Peach (Armada twice) so we all must be wrong and Marth gets ***** by peach and jigs. I mean hes the best Marth in the world and its TOURNAMENT so we're all wrong.

You can't just use tournies to create a tier list or an opinion. You need to factor in other things as well. If that is your argument than Sagat must be mid or high tier at best in Street Fighter 4 and Jigs is top tier. Good stuff.

If Falcos the best character in the game....

Why doesn't M2K use Falco VS Jigs and Peach? (Two match ups which I said are easily easier for Fox)

Why does DaShizwiz Always switch to Fox when he plays Hbox? (A top 3 Falco player)

Why are there more Fox players than Falcos? Pretty sure people are tier ***s and like to use the best character. (Fox's are EVERYWHERE and were at pound 4!!!!

J Wolf, Swift, Hazzard, Replicate, Kels, Lovage, Remen, Cactus,...he beat Scar. M2K, Lozr, Silent Wolf, Lucky, (He beat Dr. PP after a FOUR STOCK.) So many more dominant Fox's in the community than Falcos. ****ing PC Chris even switched to Fox!

Why has Fox been top tier for over 2 and a half years?

Why do more people complain about Fox than Falco?

Why is EVERY match up as Fox the EXACT SAME THING?

A la Sagat in SF IV, Mileena in MK II, Chun in SF 3rd strike, V-13 in Blaz Blue, Steve Fox in Tekken 6, Meta Knight in Brawl, and Pikachu in smash 64.

God tiers aren't god tiers because they are difficult to play...they are god tiers because they are stupid good and ridiculously easy to win with once you understand them as a character. Is Snake hard? Is MK hard? Is Falcon in Smash 64 hard? Is Sagat hard? Is Ken in Sf 3rd strike hard? Are the Boston Celtics hard to use? Are the West All Stars? Is Pikachu in smash 64?

Fox is an easier character to learn than Falco.

-Worse recovery
-Relies on combos.

Two things Fox doesn't have to worry about. Falco does pretty combos and insane cool stuff and imo is the best character to watch aside from marth (I'm biased with that, I admit.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VDW0ZnZxjn4

I just find it hilarious how none of you even debate or say anything and you all just say dumb crap because you're trying to sound cool on the boards. High school? I had a good time there too.
You realize that you:
laid out a thesis for this post ("You can't just use tournies to create a tier list or an opinion.")
argued the OPPOSITE
Right? RIGHT?

Happy Bday DD!

wWw Dazwa

#BADMAN
Happy birthday Atomsk Nick!

No More Heroes 2...is SO good. Almost finished it, I'd probably give it another run immediately if they throw some New Game+ jazz at me.

Which is unfortunate, I'd like to play TvC a bit longer than "only unlocked Frank West" >_>

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
Well, PoF decided to drama llama the **** out of me in PM, so I'm done giving even half a **** caring what he thinks. I still think it's funny though that he chose to quote me asking what he was trying to prove by talking about something I don't even remember saying to vintage before going off on some rant about something else.

tbh falcon-falco is a tough matchup for falcon. just saying. i haven't read mogwai's posts but if that's his argument it suuuure is a flimsy one.
please, give me a little more respect than to just take what PoF says I say as what I'm saying :p. I do bring up the fact that semi-unknown Falcos beat Falcon more frequently than semi-unknown Foxes when talking about how I think Falco is worse for CF than Fox, but it's far from the backbone of my argument.

i'm not sure where to put this one. also, IT'S TWO PLAYERS OMG. should have brought up zhu. he switches to fox. i think the only exception to switching is lambchops but he hasn't been performing well so i guess it's irrelevant. :(
why does a ***** from the south still not remember PeePee..? :(

he doesn't switch, and he's ****ing beast.

Why I think Falco is the best character in the game in a nutshell:
As humans approach the limits of perfect human play, Falco has no matchups worse than even.

The supposedly "bad" matchups for Falco are all "bad" on the basis that Falco gets punished hard for making mistakes. As Falco starts to make fewer and fewer mistakes, the fact that he can always be in control of the game through a mix of great physics, high priority aerials and one of the best projectiles in the game, lets him control his own destiny better than any other character.

Anyone else wondering how the **** PoF got us on this argument from me making a satirical post about Jigglypuff being stupid? Cause seriously, I was just making fun of Swift's posts about Falcon and that somehow logically made PoF think of my opinion that Falco is the best in the game. are you seriously that much of a mother ****ing ******?

P. O. F.

Smash Ace
i'm not directly disagreeing with you, pof, since i firmly believe there is plenty of room in the tier list for things to change around. i'm just kind of perusing your argument that you've presented here.

tbh falcon-falco is a tough matchup for falcon. just saying. i haven't read mogwai's posts but if that's his argument it suuuure is a flimsy one.

this is kind of a hard assumption to go by since m2k is really the only good marth player and his entire playstyle is sort of limited by what he understands. if he can't practice against it. he has trouble understanding how to beat it. not knocking all the other good marths, he's pretty much the only one who can compete at top level.

wait this sort of contradicts above statement what

this doesn't really make sense. it's also fairly common knowledge that falco has trouble vs those characters. whiiich makes him not the best character in the game if he has matchups that aren't always in his favor. marth has... one matchup that isn't in his favor. wouldn't that put him above falco? oh wait, there are "other things" i need to factor in first. ok.

i'm not sure where to put this one. also, IT'S TWO PLAYERS OMG. should have brought up zhu. he switches to fox. i think the only exception to switching is lambchops but he hasn't been performing well so i guess it's irrelevant. :(

the tier whores thing is irrelevant. what does pc switching to fox have to do with anything? maybe he just liked fox more?

maybe because fox's metagame is highly advanced and he can do cool combos, more people are attracted to him. abundance is not indicative of a tier placing. perhaps if you had mentioned that cactuar switched mains from marth to fox (and started performing better) it would have been a more solid argument. also m2k is kind of iffy since he uses three characters.

i will agree that falco was fairly underrepresented at pound.

2nd one is probably just based on your personal experience.

from my experience:
"everyone i know in GA complains about falco omg more people complain about falco"

unnecessary and irrelevant.

is every fox matchup the exact same thing? no. you don't play fox and i'm assuming this is an uneducated statement that comes from your lack of understanding of fox's nuances. i certainly don't understand fox, but i can understand enough to tell that this is clearly just wrong.

ex) "omg every marth matchup is exactly the same dd camp for grab then just fair a bunch"

uneducated and wrong, but it sure sounds like a good basic summary for someone who doesn't know what they're talking about.

i really don't understand what you're getting at. you seem to have a fluid definition of how tiers are created that changes in accordance with your argument. top tiers are at first, tournament based. then they are "based on other factors" and now you seem to only have one factor - ease of use to win with? that's not how tier lists are made and it's also a flawed argument.
yes, all those characters are hard at top levels of play. even sagat mcbrokenpants, as evidenced by him... oh, i dunno, not winning every single tournament.. as you mentioned? shouldn't he be mid or high tier at best? no wait, you said it's purely based on ease of use.. so, if sagat is so easy to win with, he should be winning every tournament... but wait...

this definition of how tiers are made is very confusing.

you kind of have a good point but the way you chose to represent it is flawed and confusing. especially since it rides really hard on the assumption that X character isn't "hard" to use.
which is biased. and wrong.

how do you judge rate of learning? how well someone performs after picking up a character? "fox is an easier character to learn than falco" is really just stating your opinion.
"Marth is an easier character to learn than falco."

my evidence? i main falco and i was able to successfully pick up marth and perform fairly well with him much more quickly than i was able to learn falco!
this of course is disregarding my learning of the game's mechanics and technical requirements through falco. i mean, marth must be easier to learn since i was able to learn faster after i became experienced and understood the game!

it's opinions like this that strengthen the existence of the melee back room and why they pick people with histories of intelligent posts and high levels of skill to decide things like the tier list.

reliance on connecting hits? say it isn't so! no character in melee should be concerned with landing successive strings of moves, especially those that are guaranteed!

isn't fox dead offstage anyway?

yes, we are all laughing and trying to sound cool.

this reminds me of that pokemon news reporter thing where you pick a phrase to be cool and it's instantly cool. someone i know chose "tight rear" lo--

wait nvm pokemon isn't cool fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu
You, unlike so many actually respond intelligently. :)

You realize that you:
laid out a thesis for this post ("You can't just use tournies to create a tier list or an opinion.")
argued the OPPOSITE
Right? RIGHT?

Happy Bday DD!
hahahahahah POF you're an idiot

hahahahaha
Hey Memphis and Cog, how is a tier list made? I'll bet you both have no idea.

Have a nice day.

Anyone else wondering how the **** PoF got us on this argument from me making a satirical post about Jigglypuff being stupid? Cause seriously, I was just making fun of Swift's posts about Falcon and that somehow logically made PoF think of my opinion that Falco is the best in the game. are you seriously that much of a mother ****ing ******?
Hey Wes, go hit a parked car. :p

Just for ****s and giggles, how is a tier list made up Mogwai? I'm curious to see if you even have any idea.

My first teacher today talked about KKK and hanging Jews at the end of class. My second teacher said he doesn't believe in the "averaging of grades."

This semester is going to be interesting. :bee:

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
Happy bday DD!
:D
Happy birthday double D!
:DD

i thought DD's bday wasn't until tmrw....
Yeah, I'm mindgaming everyone on my facebook because I don't feel like getting 200+ emails when everyone is like "Its that kids birthday! Lets get him!"

I'll be restoring it around 10pm.

blahblahblahPoffyisdumbblahblahblah happy birthday DD
:D

Happy birthday Atomsk Nick!
Do I share a birthday with him? Or is there something else I'm not getting?

No More Heroes 2...is SO good. Almost finished it, I'd probably give it another run immediately if they throw some New Game+ jazz at me.

Which is unfortunate, I'd like to play TvC a bit longer than "only unlocked Frank West" >_>
D: I wish I had a wiimote so I could plow through NMH2.
Alas~

-DD

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
Hey Wes, go hit a parked car. :p
Hey Garret, die in a fire. You're welcome for the ride to Philly and back and housing ****head.

Just for ****s and giggles, how is a tier list made up Mogwai? I'm curious to see if you even have any idea.
*gasp* you got me good garret! I have no idea how! PLEASE TELL ME, I CARE SO MUCH HOW YOU THINK A TIER LIST IS MADE!

oh yea, and happy bdai DD.

P. O. F.

Smash Ace
Hey Garret, die in a fire. You're welcome for the ride to Philly and back and housing ****head.

oh yea, and happy bdai DD.
I paid you more than you asked. :) I'm considerate.

http://www.qj.net/wii.html

I was depressed when I saw those two smash images to find out that there was no smash news....at all. (Hoping for 64 online play somehow....someway.)

I find it funny that the only people in the smash community that I have problems with are Trademark, Zoso, Cogsmooch, and Mogwai. All of which are people who take what I say on the boards to heart.

Read the Newspaper.

Why I think Falco is the best character in the game in a nutshell:
As humans approach the limits of perfect human play, Falco has no matchups worse than even.

The supposedly "bad" matchups for Falco are all "bad" on the basis that Falco gets punished hard for making mistakes. As Falco starts to make fewer and fewer mistakes, the fact that he can always be in control of the game through a mix of great physics, high priority aerials and one of the best projectiles in the game, lets him control his own destiny better than any other character.
Sigged.

Pretty sure humans make mistakes. Humans compete in Melee man. Last I checked....I might be wrong though. (LVL 9's!@!%^*%^$^!!@!) SPAWN told me that Cort said Bowser is technically the best character if played perfectly. Your evidence is once again horrible.

You should just keep insulting me though, its working nicely for you. You're funny when you're angry.

P. O. F.

Smash Ace
Uhh... I thought you wanted to be taken seriously?
I don't really care on SWF. I care more about how I interact w people in person. That's just me though.

After all Joey, how many time have you honestly talked to me in person? I think you're a pretty nice guy from the times that I remember. Matts house was chill w teams, Roy mm.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
Once again, how is a tier list made up?
well, the last one was made by polling a bunch of players who were good in 2006 to rate all characters on a scale form 1-10 and then averaging the results.

a tier list is made however the community making it decides to make it, but the end goal is to rank characters and divide them in terms of "how good they are," which in competitive communities typically can be expressed as their "tournament viability." everyone interprets every single part of this process, from how it should be done to the end result, differently though, so ultimately, there's a lot of wiggle room for how different people will rate different characters.

Uhh... I thought you wanted to be taken seriously?
well, see, that was before he realized how stupid he was. now he wants to cop out and make light of it all.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
Pretty sure humans make mistakes. Humans compete in Melee man. Last I checked....I might be wrong though. (LVL 9's!@!%^*%^$^!!@!) SPAWN told me that Cort said Bowser is technically the best character if played perfectly. Your evidence is once again horrible.
according to Magus's analysis of perfect play, Bowser, Falco and Fox are all eqaully viable for having moves that give them invulnerability on the first frame, + invincible ledge stalls.

but this of course highlights how you fail at reading cause I said as we approach the limit of human play, which is a completely different level than "perfect play."

BUT NICE USE OF SPAWN SAID THAT CORT SAID THAT MAGUS SAID EVIDENCE, IT REALLY HELPED VALIDATE THAT YOU HAVE USEFUL AND SMART OPINIONS!!!@#@!11ONE!!!!

P. O. F.

Smash Ace
well, the last one was made by polling a bunch of players who were good in 2006 to rate all characters on a scale form 1-10 and then averaging the results.

a tier list is made however the community making it decides to make it, but the end goal is to rank characters and divide them in terms of "how good they are," which in competitive communities typically can be expressed as their "tournament viability." everyone interprets every single part of this process, from how it should be done to the end result, differently though, so ultimately, there's a lot of wiggle room for how different people will rate different characters.
Once again, *facepalm*

A tier list is made up of a given scenario that two levels of equal skill at high levels of play play a best of 10 matches for set characters. This is how the matchup ratio 60-40, 80-20 or any other ratio is made up. This is why there are so many debates and constant discussion w tier lists because its still incredibly difficult to evaluate a tier list and be concrete with it. The tier list serves as a ladder and basically evaluates how the lower characters do verse the top. Some characters that are high struggle against a few mid to low tiers but that number decreases as you go further up the tier list.

We can't use M2k VS Armada to evaluate the Peach match up because Armada is better than M2K now.

We can't use Lucky VS MaNg0 to evaluate Fox Vs Jigs but we use a series of results and match up thoughts from high level players to evaluate the ratio.

Like do we ever take just M2K seriously? No, he used to think Sheik was the best when he lost to a Mario as Marth but then switched to Sheik and won.

Keep saying **** about me. Do it. I have so much more **** on you than you know.

They lied when they called VirusBlueMage the greatest troll on SWF.
I only troll Mogwai, Cog, Trade, and Dave. :)

I'm nice to everyone else because they don't piss me off.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
Once again, *facepalm*

A tier list is made up of a given scenario that two levels of equal skill at high levels of play play a best of 10 matches for set characters. This is how the matchup ratio 60-40, 80-20 or any other ratio is made up. This is why there are so many debates and constant discussion w tier lists because its still incredibly difficult to evaluate a tier list and be concrete with it. The tier list serves as a ladder and basically evaluates how the lower characters do verse the top. Some characters that are high struggle against a few mid to low tiers but that number decreases as you go further up the tier list.

We can't use M2k VS Armada to evaluate the Peach match up because Armada is better than M2K now.

We can't use Lucky VS MaNg0 to evaluate Fox Vs Jigs but we use a series of results and match up thoughts from high level players to evaluate the ratio.

Like do we ever take just M2K seriously? No, he used to think Sheik was the best when he lost to a Mario as Marth but then switched to Sheik and won.

Keep saying **** about me. Do it. I have so much more **** on you than you know.
jesus christ you're a scrub...

you're talking about a ****ing matchup chart, not a tier list, and like, uhg... /brainexplodes

and omg, I'm so scared of what **** you have on me!

everyone else who is inclined to feed Garrett and continue the cycle please stop T.T;;
-DD
sorry nick! we're not fighting cause of you, we both love you very much, but we have grown up business to take care of and I'm just sorry it has to take place on your birthday. BUT I PROMISE I'LL MAKE IT UP TO YOU!

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
sorry nick! we're not fighting cause of you, we both love you very much, but we have grown up business to take care of and I'm just sorry it has to take place on your birthday. BUT I PROMISE I'LL TAKE A TRIP UP TO VISIT YOU AND PLAY MORE MEWTWO DITTOS THAN ANY HUMAN SHOULD HAVE TO ENDURE!
:D Yay the child has been fed his spoonful of ignorance with a side of bribery!.
-DD

P. O. F.

Smash Ace
And what does a match up chart determine?????...........I know you can do it.

Nick-I'm coming next week and we are doing Mewtwo dittos for like 10 hours. lol.

Also, I talked to my friend JP last night and we both looked into the PS Triple hack. It looks very promising but they still need to access the software on the system so running apps and doing stuff is going to take a while. Word on the street though is that it is infact not patchable via update. Although, Sony has managed to keep the PS3 unhacked for over 3 years...so...good **** to them. Every other system ever made has been hacked within like a year.

I also heard you can get a Perfect Dark WAD for the Wii now.....You have to inject a .z64 rom file into an already created N64 WAD or something though. Going to look into it.

OTG-Fair enough. I want to play you more. Why weren't you at pound? My Doc practice was/is lacking and I did not play HMW...

bolt.

Smash Ace
POF STOP TALKING ABOUT TIER LISTS! What is it going to change? Nothing. So stop. Instead of wasting your time thinking about them think about your character and how you could improve.

otg

Smash Master
POF:

I didn't go to Pound due to monetary issues, I've been getting ***** with car problems, school etc. I'll be at this weeks No Johns tho, so come get ***** there. You don't need "Doc practice" to beat Doc. You just have to space and not throw out random Fsmashes.

Edit:

I don't know you Dark Dragoon but happy bday . Go to Wes's sometime so I can **** you and demoralize your bottom tier to the point where you never play as him again...or just quit the game entirely. Where was I going with this? Ohh yeah, happy birthday.

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
J Wolf, Swift, Hazzard, Replicate, Kels, Lovage, Remen, Cactus,...he beat Scar. M2K, Lozr, Silent Wolf, Lucky, (He beat Dr. PP after a FOUR STOCK.) So many more dominant Fox's in the community
im dominant get at the kid. lol

but yo srsly. this list is kinda suspect. Dunno who j wolf is. hazz doesnt play enough to be dominant. replicate doesn't dominate, cactuar used to dominate, but not anymore, silent wolf kinda does in but only to the extent of his state, lozr isn't dominate in singles. M2k plays marf and shiek. the onl real dominant foxes in that list are like......kels(best in the midwest), remen, lucky. others are colbol(within his region strictly), eggm(within his region but not so strictly as colbol) and jman. Im not dominant yet lol.

edit: i'd say lovage is in the same boat as me as far as dominance goes.

edit2: for the ones that are rly dominant plus the ones that you missed. I could probly name falcos and make a comparable list.
edit3: lets see OFF THE TOP:

PP
zhu
shiz
calle w
mango

Top Bottom