• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Connecticut Player Finder: We're better than you <3

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
Haha Jwong didn't beat anyone in TvC, only his roommate Marn. He doesn't even like TvC.

And @ DD: I'm p dec at TvC since I play Mahvel a crap load, but I want to pick up Zero so it's gonna be a little bit different from the japanese* version. (why is j a p censored? lol)*

@ Swift: Jun the Swan is def not the best char in the game though. Ken/Tekkaman and Karas/Ryu were best teams in Japan, but we'll be seeing some different stuff in the US version hopefullyyyyy.
he went to a few tvc tournaments.
he came down to GA for a sf4 tournament where he brought the sf4 arcade thing before the game was released on console

it was silly. GA has some solid tvc players and a large number of good karas'...

but jwong just kind of destroyed everybody.
did insane **** no one had seen before.
dashing in a square
squaredashing

wtf

and then no one in GA ever played again

Budai578

Smash Apprentice
Why IS all of CT's Smash community out east anyway?

I grew up under the assumption that once you get past New Haven or Hartford it's woods, disgustingly-rich suburbanites and UConn.

Western CT is where it's it, guys. And by it, I mean crime.
I'm in Stratford, which means I'm <30 mins away, which means that we should play sometime (I'll drive or you can come down here). With Cataclysm 5 and the possibility of more tournaments in this area, I might actually want to practice! I'm always up for playing friendlies when I have the time though.

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
I like dane cook stand up. shoot me i know, but his stuff from the vicious circle and Rough Around The Edges Tours i thought were really good. hes really hit or miss from what I hear but I like his style. In creative writing, I actually wrote a nonfiction piece using some of editorial-like tools that dane cook uses on stage. the gimmic of my paper was the liberal use of parenthesis I was stumped on what to write and I thought of his stand up and i immediately formulated my short story. hurray dane cook gave me an A

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
Haha Jwong didn't beat anyone in TvC, only his roommate Marn. He doesn't even like TvC.

And @ DD: I'm p dec at TvC since I play Mahvel a crap load, but I want to pick up Zero so it's gonna be a little bit different from the japanese* version. (why is j a p censored? lol)*

@ Swift: Jun the Swan is def not the best char in the game though. Ken/Tekkaman and Karas/Ryu were best teams in Japan, but we'll be seeing some different stuff in the US version hopefullyyyyy.

oh snap forgot about tekkaman.

ken > jen?

thats news to me thx for clearin that up.

Zombie Lucille Ball

Smash Master
You've got that analogy completely wrong.

Reese (T1) is to Arnold (T2)

as

Sarah Connor (T1) is to John Connor (T2)

Sleepy-Yeah, I saw those before and love em.
Completely not my point.

You punched women in the woods while wearing a bear suit.

Later that day, "Not the BEES!!! AHHH, the Beeeeeees!"
"glaaaarrgfffgglll"

my power rankings

1. Olivia Munn
2. Rashida Jones
3. Natalie Portman
4. Swift
5. Ihavespaceballs LED controller
6. Silent Wolf's Jacket at pound
7. Emilywaves/forkgirl
8. Spawn
9. chicken from chipotle
10. PockyD's engaging conversations IRL

god tier; Cort's captain falcon(specifically that time he beat azen)

u b the winrar
lol

Lastly I should start entering Melee tournaments again
XD

i didn't make anyone's list :(

we should do a ranking tournament
stop being inconsistent and just **** faces

XD

1. Avatar $1,858,562,198

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
yo swift, what's your record vs. Darc?

vs darc

in tourney
3-0

once at snes
twice at the final mass m.

vs thorn

in tourney
2-1

one at MM where KDJ showed up and beat jman that one time
another at the final mass m.

lost recently at iron chef

*hes beaten me in like 2 money matches(which were at iron chef)*

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
vs darc

in tourney
3-0

once at snes
twice at the final mass m.

vs thorn

in tourney
2-1

one at MM where KDJ showed up and beat jman that one time
another at the final mass m.

lost recently at iron chef

*hes beaten me in like 2 money matches(which were at iron chef)*

yea, I think Darc is still #1 cause he plays jiggs who's the best character in the game because she moves around in the air really fast, has no bad matchups, has no bad stages and has a 1 frame move that instantly kills anyone at any %, but I think Swift > Thorn by a small margin.

SwiftBass

Smash Hero

yea, I think Darc is still #1 cause he plays jiggs who's the best character in the game because she moves around in the air really fast, has no bad matchups, has no bad stages and has a 1 frame move that instantly kills anyone at any %, but I think Swift > Thorn by a small margin.
i lol'd

also cause darc does significantly better than any of us at majors for the most part(exception being pound 4), ***** in teams and uses the G Dragon tag. but this is obvi so call me captain obvious

Banks

Smash Hero
imo

darc
swift~thorn
zoso
spawn~banks
mogwai~skler~pine~arc
Trade~Mike$~M.Z~Roman
this is almost exactly what i think too, the ones with squigglys could be solved by digging up results

altho i forgot swift beat darc those times.
oh and kyu puff is up in there somewhere

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
i got 6 posts on your ***, so I'm moar rite than you!

1. darc
2. swift
3. thorn
4. zoso
5. spawn (he beat lucky u no?)
6. banks
7. mogwai (dunno how to order these next 4, so I'm #1 based on post count)
8. arc (he's a mod)
9. skler (he plays link)
10. pine (doesn't post enough to be above 10)
11. Mattdotrapedlambchopzthatonetime
12. Trademark
13. Romang
14. Mike$
15. Kyu Puff or something, I dunno. Kyu's best is pretty good, but he severly lacks consistency.

Though honestly, all the comparissons after like, spawn and banks level are stupid hard due to lack of competition among our region (good **** ruining MM John Keough!)

Banks

Smash Hero
i believe pools aren't counted

and i beat eggz and hyuga ... >__>
did lucky go all fox?

i think to order me and spawn you'd just have to look up tournament results, i wouldn't be able to remember any

and i think it's worth ordering up to what you did, tournament results would probably make it semi-clear

Kyu Puff

Smash Champion
I don't think I'm that inconsistent, that ct tournament is the only I scrubbed out at in a while. At the other tournaments I went to (smb, rom2, sotp) I did pretty well. I beat roman solidly twice and some other people, almost beat tag$ at rom2 (ended up getting 3rd seed second round), and mostly lost to the people I should've.

I think I can do pretty well vs the majority of the people on that list except for maybe darc and zoso's marth; my biggest problem isn't consistency it's probably sucking vs peach samus and luigi.

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
It's pretty clear that CT (and NE) has some amazing but incredibly lazy Smashers. We're like Sandbag Central.

P. O. F.

Smash Ace
Swift-<3 the Sig.

PS3 hack released:
http://geohotps3.blogspot.com/2010/01/heres-your-silver-platter.html

POF, give it a shot, lemme know if I want to get a PS3 now.
I read about this last night. Will do.

Falcos the best. He doesn't get ***** by jigs or ice climbers.

Falco BEATS Fox, I'll GIVE YOU THAT (SLIGHTLY) but that does not mean hes auto the best character. lol. Friggin Tager in Blaz Blue goes even w V-13 but is he high tier? No, hes low. Falco only slightly beats Fox because Falcos onstage game is only a tad bit better. Fox's recovery is a good 2X better so that's why its really not a big deal because Fox's off stage game > Falcos. As soon as Falco goes below the stage....he dies. End of story. Blink.

Fox deals w

Peach (blink to blink to blink to blink to u smash)
Ice Climbers (lol shine and you die.)
Sheik (u throw u air)
and maybe even GANON (blink)

better than Falco.

while Falco deals with

Marth and Falcon better. (Looks like Fox has an easier time.) Not to mention, stage selection is better for Fox.

No offense, but I just think you're extremely biased because you play Falco. Vintage even told me on the way back from Philly that he asked you about the Jigs match up and you completely ignored the fact that he brought it up. lol.

Khaly

Smash Cadet
i'm the victim of a robbery
cause you came and stole my heart from me

so yeah, i saw spawn on monday and the next day my friend coincidentally bought me melee. it was 15 dollars. discuss? (particularly about how scrub i am for not ever playing)

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
It's pretty clear that CT (and NE) has some amazing but incredibly lazy Smashers. We're like Sandbag Central.
na, we're not amazing. after zoso on that list, we're pretty mediocre as far as talent goes :p

Swift-<3 the Sig.

I read about this last night. Will do.

Falcos the best. He doesn't get ***** by jigs or ice climbers.

Falco BEATS Fox, I'll GIVE YOU THAT (SLIGHTLY) but that does not mean hes auto the best character. lol. Friggin Tager in Blaz Blue goes even w V-13 but is he high tier? No, hes low. Falco only slightly beats Fox because Falcos onstage game is only a tad bit better. Fox's recovery is a good 2X better so that's why its really not a big deal because Fox's off stage game > Falcos. As soon as Falco goes below the stage....he dies. End of story. Blink.

Fox deals w

Peach (blink to blink to blink to blink to u smash)
Ice Climbers (lol shine and you die.)
Sheik (u throw u air)
and maybe even GANON (blink)

better than Falco.

while Falco deals with

Marth and Falcon better. (Looks like Fox has an easier time.) Not to mention, stage selection is better for Fox.

No offense, but I just think you're extremely biased because you play Falco. Vintage even told me on the way back from Philly that he asked you about the Jigs match up and you completely ignored the fact that he brought it up. lol.
lol, get trolled

also, you don't know **** about Fox or Falco or their matchups and I dun no wut ur talking about with the Vintage thing since it was roughly 3 AM and I was probably legally asleep at the wheel at the time. and hell, rereading it, I have no idea what you were trying to prove...

****, I just got counter-trolled didn't I?

ZoSo

Smash Champion
I'm gonna say Garrett is not trolling as per Trade's logic.

We don't have enough results to do an accurate top 15. Even top 10 would be a stretch, imo.

I think Swift is slightly above Th0rn and Arc will probably start ****** faces pretty soon. That's about it.

Banks

Smash Hero
i think the sort of accurate lists people made are better than the horribly outdated list that is still the only one

but technically it doesn't matter whether there is one anyhow

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
Someone just got trolled really ****ing hard

lol, get trolled

****, I just got counter-trolled didn't I?
Loooooooooooooool. Too good.

so yeah, i saw spawn on monday and the next day my friend coincidentally bought me melee. it was 15 dollars. discuss? (particularly about how scrub i am for not ever playing)
=o Wow. $15? That's cheap. As long as it still works, PLAY SMASH GOD****IT.
T.T ah mish joo.

OH MY GOD.
I NEED TO BUY A 360 NOW.
GOD ****IT CAPCOM:
http://www.cinemablend.com/games/Monster-Hunter-Frontier-Japanese-Xbox-360-Debut-Trailer-22500.html

-DD

Banks

Smash Hero
holy hell i watched some videos of TvC and idk if i could ever get good at that

the combos look like they last forever

i prefer games that let me dash attack people five times in a row to an aerial for the kill. maybe thats why people look down on smash...

Banks

Smash Hero
well all you do is spam upsmash!!

people can't look down on sheik until she starts winning tournaments and grand finals are sheik dittos

i feel good looking down on jigglypuff

and looking up at fox =(

Top Bottom