• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Connecticut Player Finder: We're better than you <3

HollaAtchaBoy

Smash Master
For how much would one buy a used Gamecube for? Including one controller.
Probably 50-80, if you trust the guy and the controller is legit.

Finding a decent controller is tough, since most will be useless after a good amount of abuse from casual gamers.

Ask to test the controller on Melee first. Most people use the test of consistantly SHFFL Nairing and waveshining as Spacies, but I suggest Wavedashing as Luigi and Moonwalking as Falcon.

If you can do those on command, get the controller. Otherwise you're wasting twenty dollars or so.

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! &lt;
I got my used cube 3 years ago for $30 from a friend.

I'd pay $50 if it came with a good controller [needs a lot of Melee testing like HAB said]

Granted my $50 package deal that I got was ****ing unreal.

Basically my 8th grade cousin's friend feeling guilty for charging me $50 for two Wavebirds and a copy of Melee....and then giving me:
- two MORE Wavebirds
- a memory card
- Viewtiful Joe***
- Mario Kart Double Dash
- Windwaker
- Mario Sunshine
- Soul Calibur II

He was going to give me more stuff but I felt terrible that he thought he was ripping ME off @_@ [apparently the kid did badly in school and couldn't use his Cube, so he was giving me all of that stuff because he was stoked that he had $50 to spend on 8th grade formal XD]

***I'd like to thank Game Stop for offering me only $2 for this, otherwise I would have never kept it and discovered one of my favorite games of ALL time

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
I got my used cube 3 years ago for $30 from a friend.

I'd pay $50 if it came with a good controller [needs a lot of Melee testing like HAB said]

Granted my $50 package deal that I got was ****ing unreal.

Basically my 8th grade cousin's friend feeling guilty for charging me $50 for two Wavebirds and a copy of Melee....and then giving me:
- two MORE Wavebirds
- a memory card
- Viewtiful Joe***
- Mario Kart Double Dash
- Windwaker
- Mario Sunshine
- Soul Calibur II

He was going to give me more stuff but I felt terrible that he thought he was ripping ME off @_@ [apparently the kid did badly in school and couldn't use his Cube, so he was giving me all of that stuff because he was stoked that he had $50 to spend on 8th grade formal XD]

***I'd like to thank Game Stop for offering me only $2 for this, otherwise I would have never kept it and discovered one of my favorite games of ALL time
:| That deal is so amazing. ****.

=[ My poor car lost 0.2 MPG because its not as aerodynamic anymore.

>_> I can see this costing way too much money. ****.

<_< I think I'll start on my depression medication again, the idea that keeps crossing my mind about how "getting hit would at least bring my life insurance into play for my parents to use" keeps resurfacing.

T.T and now I can't go to Alex's tomorrow...

Oh, and that screencap is from 101 Dalmations.
-DD

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
Chuck was pretty good. Don't know how I'm feeling about this season currently. All I gotta say is **** at how hot some of those scenes were.

What was your take Alexander/Dazwa?

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
Chuck was pretty good. Don't know how I'm feeling about this season currently. All I gotta say is **** at how hot some of those scenes were.

I just noticed its on my DVR. Yay! I'll probably watch it tomorrow.
-DD

S l o X

Smash Champion
Yea I offered 30$ and he said another 5$ for the controller (depending on quality).

He's thinking about it and although I don't know him well he's a friend of a friend.

Toasty thats a **** deal. I wish I had some wavebirds. (not really but that deal is still ****ing insane)

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
Wow bolt. ****.

/reads thread

A little late but, Nick, I'm glad you aren't injured. I hope that your insurance doesn't go up ridiculously. That would be really gay. Also, I don't understand how it could possibly be your fault... they hit you. How could the cops possibly reason that it's your fault?

S l o X

Smash Champion
They'll probably say the guy had a green light and DD wasnt backing out correctly or something. D:

3$ p controller = :D

is no country for old men good?

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484

I've never watched Chuck, but from the promos I've seen for the new season and what I've heard about it, it seems like making him super-awesome kind of defeats the purpose of the show.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
They'll probably say the guy had a green light and DD wasnt backing out correctly or something. D:
Yeah, that's basically what he said. Except that I had a "blinking red" and he had a "blinking yellow".

So, he had a "caution, cars might be pulling the **** out into the road, don't go 45mph on a 25mph road" signal, and I had a "Stop, look for cars, go when its clear" signal. The guy came flying out after I was halfway into the road, so it was move or die. Depending on how badly my parents **** me for it, I'll decide if I made the right decision then. >_>;
is no country for old men good?
Yes.
-DD

Hazygoose

Smash Lord
I've never watched Chuck, but from the promos I've seen for the new season and what I've heard about it, it seems like making him super-awesome kind of defeats the purpose of the show.
it's one of those shows that kind of needed to get cancelled so that the main character and his love interest didn't have to pine for 40 freaking episodes and could just get it on, and so that the characters developed in sync with the storyline. but whatever, despite that the characters are really dynamic and well-played from good actors, accompanied by pretty good writing makes it a good comedy to me.

Pakman

WWMD
BRoomer
it's one of those shows that kind of needed to get cancelled so that the main character and his love interest didn't have to pine for 40 freaking episodes and could just get it on, and so that the characters developed in sync with the storyline. but whatever, despite that the characters are really dynamic and well-played from good actors, accompanied by pretty good writing makes it a good comedy to me.
Yeah I agree with this. The characters are good and the humor is pretty good, but after watching all the episodes the whole liking the girl thing is getting more annoying then entertaining..

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
t_t In my depression-rage I left Sandra's house and forgot my PSP and Cell Phone charger.

<.< Now I need to charge my Cell Phone in the car. Blargh.
-DD

Pakman

WWMD
BRoomer
t_t In my depression-rage I left Sandra's house and forgot my PSP and Cell Phone charger.

<.< Now I need to charge my Cell Phone in the car. Blargh.
-DD
Oh to be young.
When you were young, did you feel similar when, instead of a PSP and cell phone charger, you left your hoop/stick game and pocket watch winder?
Cog is old.

EC_Joey

Smash Lord
At the Attleboro tournament on Saturday I suggested to Cog that everyone in this thread should come for his 30th bday, whenever that is.

Top Bottom