• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Connecticut Player Finder: We're better than you <3

Zombie Lucille Ball

Smash Master
When you were young, did you feel similar when, instead of a PSP and cell phone charger, you left your hoop/stick game and pocket watch winder?
Cog is old.
No, he left his wheel and fire.

I'm kidding cog I hope you still love me :(
Bastards. I'm going home.

It's not age, it's experience, something I will not share when the zombies come.

At the Attleboro tournament on Saturday I suggested to Cog that everyone in this thread should come for his 30th bday, whenever that is.
I don't know what you're talking about, what is this 30th that you speak of?

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
wtf is that thumbs? is that supposed to be Susie Derkins getting a piggyback ride from Calvin with Hobbes in her backpack?
Its like...future projection of Calvin/Susie/Hobbes...about +10 or 15 years, I'd say.
-DD

HollaAtchaBoy

Smash Master
Yeah, seriously, Jam.

**** the Pats and **** Robert Kraft for not accepting our deal to put the stadium here instead of in Mass.

Like the Pats all you want, but I'm just fine liking my Giants. Maybe I'm excused because I went to school in NY? Maybe, not really?

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
no, causing a stack overflow means that a recursive function called itself so many times that there was not enough room allocated to the stack to keep track of all the past calls. typically, this means that there's an error in your recursive function and it never reaches a breaking case and thus recurses into infinity, but it can also just be that what you're recursively iterating on is too large for the stack, which is the joke, your mother is so large that my recursive function must call itself more times than the stack can handle to compute her mass.

however, that's dumb, because I can't imagine a scenario where you'd be using recursion to do such a calculation.

HollaAtchaBoy

Smash Master
... I gots all that, Mogwai.

I want to explain that there's a joke within the joke, but the only thing I can come up with is that the maker of the picture wanted to find a way to equate functions with a yo momma joke to amuse nerds, and the only way he could make it work is to use recursive functions which is, in itself, not applicable to the situation.

If that doesn't make sense, whatever, I've already wasted enough brain power on this picture.

In other news, Welsh's sells Passion Fruit juice now, and it's quickly becoming a replacement for DJ's.

P. O. F.

Smash Ace
no, causing a stack overflow means that a recursive function called itself so many times that there was not enough room allocated to the stack to keep track of all the past calls. typically, this means that there's an error in your recursive function and it never reaches a breaking case and thus recurses into infinity, but it can also just be that what you're recursively iterating on is too large for the stack, which is the joke, your mother is so large that my recursive function must call itself more times than the stack can handle to compute her mass.

AESIR:

http://media.photobucket.com/image/cool+story+bro/koikomoru/450px-Cool_story_Wayne.jpg?o=83

Have fun.

HollaAtchaBoy

Smash Master
No ****. I just ran out to get groceries, right down the street, for dinner to get made. Remind me to not listen to my lady if she asks me again.

Balls cold.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
I should probably take the 5 minute walk to see when I'm supposed to work this week but... This chair is so comfy.
Somebody play this man and teach him ICs or something.

He's a pal of mine from High School.
Woo!
-DD

Budai578

Smash Apprentice
lols

this boss is fun :<

also he is a tribute to professor farnsworth

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CfZrjwvZlqA
Apparently Vodka is still going strong? I remember when I played Horde on Mannoroth... my guildmates and I would **** them up in PvP (before arenas and whatnot).

The music in that video is great... watched (read: listened to) the whole thing just for the music.

Octave

Smash Ace
Somebody play this man and teach him ICs or something.

He's a pal of mine from High School.
Woo!
-DD
I'm learning Pika now. Trevor thinks his Falcon is so high and mighty, but what happens when my attacks are... SUPER EFFECTIVE?!?

Okay bad pun but really, he thinks low tiers are **** just because they're low tier. I'm going to prove him wrong. :/

Hazygoose

Smash Lord

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
I'm learning Pika now. Trevor thinks his Falcon is so high and mighty, but what happens when my attacks are... SUPER EFFECTIVE?!?

Okay bad pun but really, he thinks low tiers are **** just because they're low tier. I'm going to prove him wrong. :/
._. Take it from me man, Low tiers are **** and therefore are low tier. There's no proving it either way.

Pikachu isn't so bad though, and has a pretty good MU with Falcon.

Go watch some Anther or something.
-DD

Octave

Smash Ace
when i go back to wesleyan this fall we should play like weekly.
I might be up at CCSU by then, but that's still not too far away. Maybe my game will be mediocre by then :p

Although I almost beat DD's M2 with Bowser. Almost being the keyword. He wasn't expecting double shffl'd fairs, that's for sure.

Edit: @DD I thought your M2 was your best? Or is he just your favorite?

P. O. F.

Smash Ace
I might be up at CCSU by then, but that's still not too far away. Maybe my game will be mediocre by then :p

Although I almost beat DD's M2 with Bowser. Almost being the keyword. He wasn't expecting double shffl'd fairs, that's for sure.

we should play before pound. i live in east haven but am home in north haven until wed when i get my car.

my new car is raaapppppeeeee.

2002 Hynudai Sonata

Octave

Smash Ace
we should play before pound. i live in east haven but am home in north haven until wed when i get my car.

my new car is raaapppppeeeee.

2002 Hynudai Sonata
Unfortunately, I don't drive yet :x But that would be cool. But, uh.. when is pound? I know its a tournament but I have no clue where/when it is.

you have it slightly backwards

low tiers are low tiers because they are ****. they are **** by definition
Well, I'm going to get a certain amount of satisfaction out of beating him with a low tier. I normally play ICs but they got boring. Sure WDing everywhere is great and their grabs are ridiculous, but it'd be too easy that way.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon

Edit: @DD I thought your M2 was your best? Or is he just your favorite?
D: Mewtwo is both my best and my favorite. And its "DJC'd FAirs".

Well, I'm going to get a certain amount of satisfaction out of beating him with a low tier. I normally play ICs but they got boring. Sure WDing everywhere is great and their grabs are ridiculous, but it'd be too easy that way.
:3 Play ICs, secondary Pika. You already have the basic "WD->DSmash" with ICs down, now just learn their grab shenanigans and get a feel for the MUs. then work on your pika. Or do that in reverse.

And playing ICs does not make anything too easy.
;P If it does, I'll $20 MM you next time I'm around.

-DD

Top Bottom