• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Connecticut Player Finder: We're better than you <3

P. O. F.

Smash Ace
I think it's more like 3S is more spacing, SF4 is more zoning.

At least we agree that BlazBlue is dumb.
Hmm, I can see that. Yup, it is. If I can beat someone who literally plays nearly every day to practice combos with tech chasing.....than....lol.

Blazblue will have to get some years under its belt just as guilty gear has. If I were a blazblu fan I wouldnt worry, cuz if they do the same thing they did with GG they'll get themselves a competitive fighter with devastating 70% combos.
I think even more amazing combos would make the game worse. They already have combos that deal HALF of your health with EASE and you can only burst out of ONE combo per match and that makes you lose double your health to any other attack. To me, I look at it like playing smash brothers with no DI. At least with Street Fighter, Tekken, and other fighting games the combos either dont last forever or you can get out of them. I feel like in Blaz Blue you literally have like two options in every situation. I mean...like I said, the game is fun (Ragnas pretty cool) but I have no desire to really get into the story or play it competitively.

My roommate plays Blaz Blue but does not think Street Fighter is a good fighter (facepalm). I told him he should probably sell his SF arcade stick. :)

Thank the lord i've been getting him to play/respect Melee.

Happy Birthday Jam. Hows Gabriel? We need to see eachother in the near future. It's been too long man.

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
i really enjoy watching people who don't play blazblue competitively talk about it

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
Thanks for all the birthday wishes! Gabriel's doing well, Garrett. He's big, he's running and jumping and talking and doing all the things little boys do, whether we want him to or not!

i really enjoy watching people who don't play blazblue competitively talk about it
I was just thinking this. I really can't understand the BlazBlue hate; if it's not your cup of tea, that's one thing. I mean yeah, it's got all kinds of stupidity, like any fighting game. But the people who complain the most about it seem to be the people who play it the least.

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
I think even more amazing combos would make the game worse. They already have combos that deal HALF of your health with EASE and you can only burst out of ONE combo per match and that makes you lose double your health to any other attack..
thats how the Guilty Gear, fist of the north star, and the other games on that engine work.(correct me if im wwrong someone) they are combo heavy. I would make any bet that blazblu will do the same. I mean I dun dislike blazblu or anything but its just not for me. They've made some competitive scene around the game (GG and fist as well) so im happy for them cuz it looks rly cool at high level imo.

I wouldnt expect some obscure turn of events for BB

SleepyK

fist of the north star isn't on the same competitive level as GG or BB tbh

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
Last time I went to your house you weren't there. :'(

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
Note:
Adderol + Smash = WIN.

xD I've never been able to keep playing seriously for so long against people...it was pretty fun.

Can't wait to use it for something constructive!
-Nick

trademark0013

Smash Champion
Zoso:

(in response to what u said about ppl's thoughts on camping)

ppl wil always be attracted to things that are more flashy and "fun" than they will anything else. the problems lies when u add the competitive atmosphere to it, because then ppl will do what they have to to win and that always isnt the most fun

except on the west coast

SleepyK

idk unless you're prescribed to them (well even if you are, using them for the sole purpose of smash...) it's like using performance enhancing drugs :/
since it is.

there's a large useage of it at smash tournaments nowadays.
not gonna name any names, but frowny face :(

SleepyK

tbh your falco is quite bad.
also next time try playin' some better folks

trademark0013

Smash Champion

P. O. F.

Smash Ace
didnt bolt like just start playing? thats kinda messed up bra
He asked me to record material and upload it.

Personally, I think he has grown so much in like two months. A little while ago he was literally STANDING STILL with Falco shooting SH lasers and then only following up with F smash. Literally, thats it. Now he can waveshine with Fox, his Marths pretty decent for its early stages, and when I give him tips he quickly picks up on his mistakes and tech roll patterns. So far, hes definitely growing faster than any other player I've played. That includes Vintage, Soxfan, and Chum. Not to say they aren't good/aren't getting better but hes getting better at an alarming rate.

PS-Yankees are going to **** house.

Pakman

WWMD
BRoomer
Congrats Pak on your Phillies
Thanks Cog. I am pulling for them. I was at the 11-0 victory on Sunday.

PS-Yankees are going to **** house.
Phillies have stepped their game up in the post season so hard. Yankees are gonna get rocked. Philadelphia actually developed a good team instead of buying one.

yea, glhf with that

don't forget who are the world ****ing champions
This.

Aesir

Smash Master
Yankee's can suck a ****.

I'm sorry PoF you had to expect this comment, you're in a state that's split down the middle on a forum that has A LOT Of mass people in here.

It was expected.

Also I'm sorry but no first 10 seconds of the first match was like watching me drunk and stoned, while playing bad.

P.c. Chris

Smash Lord
hahaha jesus @ that burger. I thought the triple whopper was challenge :/ and what's this i hear about the Yankeees :( haha but the Phillies are too good, i don't know how the defending world champs are considered an underdog already if they Yankees do in fact make the WS. I guess the yanks are THAT good :D and omg i think my favorite part of the post-season was when paplebon blew that save at home all with two outs to get eliminated :D.

Top Bottom