• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Connecticut Player Finder: We're better than you <3

P. O. F.

Smash Ace
Philadelphia actually developed a good team instead of buying one.
I realy ****ing hate when people say this. It's arguably the stupidest argument ever. You might as well say that Derek Jeter isn't a clutch player.

How do you explain the Boston Celtics? New England Patriots? Dallas Mavericks? San Antonio Spurs? Certain teams have more salary cap than others. Big whoop.

So, I guess what you are saying than is that if the Phillies had a really high salary cap you'd start complaining and would not support your turfs team? LOL. GG's.

i think my favorite part of the post-season was when paplebon blew that save at home all with two outs to get eliminated :D.
Or how about when the Twins had the bases loaded with no outs and we got out of the inning. <3

Mogwai-I'll play here or your place. I dont care.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
idk unless you're prescribed to them (well even if you are, using them for the sole purpose of smash...) it's like using performance enhancing drugs :/
since it is.

there's a large useage of it at smash tournaments nowadays.
not gonna name any names, but frowny face :(
=[ Oh, well, I legit needed it for school, so since I'm on vacation right now I decided to see how it would help with smash. It doesn't help that much, I just pay more attention when playing with nubs from my high school. xD!

@Poffy's Falco, it looks a LOT like mine, except all my shines are like, 4-5 frame shines[hitbox comes out on frame 4, iirc]. Other than that, if it looks like my Falco, you're probably doing something wrong >_>;;

-DD

Aesir

Smash Master
I realy ****ing hate when people say this. It's arguably the stupidest argument ever. You might as well say that Derek Jeter isn't a clutch player.

How do you explain the Boston Celtics? New England Patriots? Dallas Mavericks? San Antonio Spurs? Certain teams have more salary cap than others. Big whoop.

So, I guess what you are saying than is that if the Phillies had a really high salary cap you'd start complaining and would not support your turfs team? LOL. GG's.

Or how about when the Twins had the bases loaded with no outs and we got out of the inning. <3

Mogwai-I'll play here or your place. I dont care.

pockyD

Smash Legend
I agree

when the yankees were on their last world series run, their core was almost completely made up of homegrown players

rivera, jeter, posada, pettitte, o'neill, williams, etc

so they went out and got a roger clemens or david justice to put them over the top... it's not like lidge, ibanez, lee et al were there all along either

this past offseason was rather ridiculous yankee-wise, but hey, if you win it all, it's worth it

you're confusing salary cap with payroll and you're mixing in good examples with bad ones

the patriots are actually notorious for NOT paying their players, filling their positions in with midround draftees, and having them perform at a similar level as before. Plus, the NFL has a hard cap and very few teams are hamstrung by ownership's unwillingness to spend; only their inability to spend because of poor prior investments

the mavericks invested a ton of money on acquisitions with no titles, whereas the spurs leaned on 3 of their self-drafted stars (duncan/parker/ginobili) and rode them to multiple championships... why are they in the same list

i don't understand where you're going with this, it just sounds like you're throwing random names against the wall and hoping stuff sticks

GG's., I guess

The phillies were #7 in MLB in payroll at the start of the year, just for the record, and that's prior to acquiring cliff lee; they spend plenty

In conclusion, the eagles suck

Pakman

WWMD
BRoomer
I agree

when the yankees were on their last world series run, their core was almost completely made up of homegrown players

rivera, jeter, posada, pettitte, o'neill, williams, etc

so they went out and got a roger clemens or david justice to put them over the top... it's not like lidge, ibanez, lee et al were there all along either

this past offseason was rather ridiculous yankee-wise, but hey, if you win it all, it's worth it

you're confusing salary cap with payroll and you're mixing in good examples with bad ones

the patriots are actually notorious for NOT paying their players, filling their positions in with midround draftees, and having them perform at a similar level as before. Plus, the NFL has a hard cap and very few teams are hamstrung by ownership's unwillingness to spend; only their inability to spend because of poor prior investments

the mavericks invested a ton of money on acquisitions with no titles, whereas the spurs leaned on 3 of their self-drafted stars (duncan/parker/ginobili) and rode them to multiple championships... why are they in the same list

i don't understand where you're going with this, it just sounds like you're throwing random names against the wall and hoping stuff sticks

GG's., I guess

The phillies were #7 in MLB in payroll at the start of the year, just for the record, and that's prior to acquiring cliff lee; they spend plenty

In conclusion, the eagles suck
I just got owned.

Phillies are still gonna win though.

Dallas sucks more than the Eagles.

Pakman

WWMD
BRoomer
Meh I'd take that over the utter **** the birds gave the cowboys at the end of last year.

I am much more of a Phillies fan than an Eagles fan unlike most Philadelphians.

Aesir

Smash Master
http://current.com/items/90980443_justice-sotomayor-end-corporate-personhood-maybe.htm

he court’s majority conservatives agreed that corporations have broad First Amendment rights and that “recent precedents upholding limits on corporate political spending should be overruled.” However, Sotomayor disagreed, and said the court should reconsider the 19th century rulings that first afforded corporations the same rights as real, live people.

Judges “created corporations as persons, gave birth to corporations as persons,” she said. “There could be an argument made that that was the court’s error to start with…[imbuing] a creature of state law with human characteristics.”
This is the first time I've ever been truly happy with a supreme court justice.

=)

ZoSo

Smash Champion
Me and Dazwa were trying to remember a bunch of default avatars associated with old school players. If anybody can think of any, let me know.

Reioumu

Smash Lord
This times 100 haha.

I am starting to like BB more then I like Melee.

With some SF4 mixed in.
What system do you play it for?

I'll take on pretty much anyone on XBL :3. Though I know everyone on smashboards would get smashed by Lord Knight.

Cia

das kwl
Me and Dazwa were trying to remember a bunch of default avatars associated with old school players. If anybody can think of any, let me know.
Chillendude's Squirtle
Cactus' Cactus
P.c's party ghost (w.e it's called.. lol)
Dav3's laser falco avy
Mew2King's Shadow ball mewtwo.

that's all i can think of atm

ZoSo

Smash Champion
Chillendude's Squirtle
Cactus' Cactus
P.c's party ghost (w.e it's called.. lol)
Dav3's laser falco avy
Mew2King's Shadow ball mewtwo.

that's all i can think of atm
I have all those. I'm sticking with default avatars so I won't be using the cactuar.

Also I've always associated PC with the Faye Valentine avatar.

drephen is the chrono cross guy
LOL Dazwa is gonna ban you.

ZoSo

Smash Champion
Sorry, bro. Rules are rules. B&

Also, I posted this in one of the Esticle threads in '06. I just read it as I was searching my old posts and I think it's aged well.

Posting in this thread > social interaction.

Zombie Lucille Ball

Smash Master
hahaha jesus @ that burger. I thought the triple whopper was challenge :/ and what's this i hear about the Yankeees :( haha but the Phillies are too good, i don't know how the defending world champs are considered an underdog already if they Yankees do in fact make the WS. I guess the yanks are THAT good :D and omg i think my favorite part of the post-season was when paplebon blew that save at home all with two outs to get eliminated :D.
you go to hell. you go to hell and die. :mad:

>_>
<_<

red? redd? something? I dunno for some reason the word red pops into my head. I recognize it, though.

Can't believe noone's mentioned malva00's goomba!

ZoSo

Smash Champion
Yeah, it was Redd. I keep thinking there's somebody I'm forgetting, though...

ZoSo

Smash Champion
Nah, I'm trying to stay away from customs.

The only custom I might use is Aho's.

ZoSo

Smash Champion
I just remember that Se><bot's location was "smellsville" and it always made me laugh for no real reason.

I feel like Forward used the dog w/ sunglasses avatar at some point? Hmm...

Top Bottom