• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Connecticut Player Finder: We're better than you <3

ZoSo

Smash Champion
I'm finally learning how to moonwalk more than once in a row :D
Dude, it feels so good the first time.

I just got a new controller a few weeks ago and I can do it amazingly again.

I'm still having trouble with the running platform drop... going to the right only. It's weird as hell.

Moon-Doggie

Smash Ace
My two cents: Playing a video game seriously is in fact not really serious. If it is, than some of you have your priorities in life allll wrong.
In who's perspective? There priorities are where they want them to be.

Also generally speaking, people who want to get skilled at a certain game play to win.
This makes it serious, video game or not it is a test of skill of one person against
another. That is what makes it serious. Most sports and other activities revolve
around this mentality of improving and competing. Smash is just another one of them,
sorry if it isn't the spelling B, or basketball you were conditioned into thinking was
'appropriate' competitions.

If you do not play like this, then do not judge others in the field and level of play
they are at. Do not judge another when you cannot relate to it.

Also your ice cream comparison is ruled out by Lil's talk about going to hang out
with FRIENDS. I bet you would go twenty minutes to get ice cream if a bunch
of your friends would be going.

P. O. F.

Smash Ace
I will agree the Brawl + community is amazing. All of the players seem extremely nice, dedicated to seeing the community grow, willing to travel far to play and just get people into the game, and on top of all that some of them add to the development of the game.

Brawl + Community > Grab Releases.

ZoSo

Smash Champion
I actually moon walked to the right today :o
To the left I can go pretty far.
I can only moonwalk to the right, actually.

I was talking about the running platform drop, though. I can only do that facing left. At least part of it is my execution, but I find it varies between controllers.

LOL I love how like everybody is coming out of the woodwork to tell Garrett he's stupid. I can't read his posts anymore because I blocked him. Good times.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
I will agree the Brawl + community is amazing. All of the players seem extremely nice, dedicated to seeing the community grow, willing to travel far to play and just get people into the game, and on top of all that some of them add to the development of the game.

Brawl + Community > Grab Releases.
I know, right? Neko is coming from Texas to go to LLHS2! I told you running Brawl+ was a good idea :3.
-DD

_V_

Smash Ace
The SNES results just made me so happy...

Swift is a beast now.

Cort can **** after not playing for months.

Darc is just too ****ing good and I really hope you went double puff with Mango *dash dance* :D

All those years of playing with you guys was too good. I miss the east coast.

I have to learn to check swf more. Having no friends has made WoW consume my life.

Cort

Apple Head
Don't get me wrong Daz, brackets were seeded pretty much perfectly.

But in such a relatively low turnout event (despite their being a decent amount of high level players) only the top 2 places actually matter. Different brackets could change the 3rd - 5th places entirely based on who plays who. This is basically what I meant in my short response to Erci (<3)

I'd much rather have Darc's bracket though, I hate playing Falcons and Darc apparently loves them haha.

Also I'm done with Melee foreva. Might come to tournaments, but 95% of the time not entering singles (teams is cool though). I can't get better at this game with the very very small amount of dedication I have left to it.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
Don't get me wrong Daz, brackets were seeded pretty much perfectly.

But in such a relatively low turnout event (despite their being a decent amount of high level players) only the top 2 places actually matter. Different brackets could change the 3rd - 5th places entirely based on who plays who. This is basically what I meant in my short response to Erci (<3)

I'd much rather have Darc's bracket though, I hate playing Falcons and Darc apparently loves them haha.

Also I'm done with Melee foreva. Might come to tournaments, but 95% of the time not entering singles (teams is cool though). I can't get better at this game with the very very small amount of dedication I have left to it.
=[ Sadface.
T-T If everyone leaves...doesn't that sign Melee's remaining life away?
-DD

Zombie Lucille Ball

Smash Master
Dazwa;8202777 Here's a video of Brawl grand finals someone recorded from the live stream: [url said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yF-XhuLTdQo[/url]

It's choppy (live stream), but it features exhausted, excited, and possibly terrible commentary from myself, Jake, OBM and OWM :D
choppy, laggy vid + brawl = :(

You need to get premium.
actually no the mods just do it. I'm not sure if there's a rhyme or reason to it.

Anybody notice the deeper pof gets in an argument the more he digs himself into a hole?
Also did you guys know he's MOVING INTO A CONDO??

Pakman

WWMD
BRoomer
I don't know how recent you changed your avatar, Cog.

But I supremely approve. The Professional is a fantastic movie.

Gary Oldman's character is my favorite.

P. O. F.

Smash Ace
Considering that M2K, HugS, Azen, Chu, Chillin, PC, and Cort are now pretty much gone, Cactuar stopped playing Marth, and SNES only had 61 entrants im pretty sure Melee is about to sign its walking papers.

All we really have now is Lambchops, Lucky, MaNg0, SS, Dark Rain, Hax, Darc, Scar, Pakman, DJ Nintendo, DaShiz, boss and maybe a few other really good players?

I'm pretty sure by the look of recent tournaments Genesis was a HUGE turnout because it was probably a lot of peoples final tournament. It hyped people to play Melee for about a week...than **** just went back to normal. We'll see what happens at pound 4.

In a sense, scrubs keep a tournament scene alive...the new blood. Not the veterans. There are so many of us now. Basically, if you aren't playing Melee for FUN don't waste your time.

P. O. F.

Smash Ace
I added that in there because he played Marth exclusively for years and its more of a "What is the world coming to." kind of thing. On top of that I'm pretty sure Cactuar is close to throwing in the towel as well. He hasn't been doing well lately at all.

Pakman

WWMD
BRoomer
Considering that M2K, HugS, Azen, Chu, Chillin, PC, and Cort are now pretty much gone, Cactuar stopped playing Marth, and SNES only had 61 entrants im pretty sure Melee is about to sign its walking papers.

All we really have now is Lambchops, Lucky, MaNg0, SS, Dark Rain, Hax, Darc, Scar, Pakman, DJ Nintendo, DaShiz, boss and maybe a few other really good players?

I'm pretty sure by the look of recent tournaments Genesis was a HUGE turnout because it was probably a lot of peoples final tournament. It hyped people to play Melee for about a week...than **** just went back to normal. We'll see what happens at pound 4.

In a sense, scrubs keep a tournament scene alive...the new blood. Not the veterans. There are so many of us now. Basically, if you aren't playing Melee for FUN don't waste your time.
There have been a few brawl converts to Melee. People have been saying Melee was going to die, but the game has been consistent if not growing since it took the hit from brawl.

You also missed more than a few. Especially the WC people. HMW, Shroomed, Zhu, Lucky, and like a bunch of other people. Hungry Box isn't on your list either. Melee may not be boasting huge numbers, but people are still playing.

I added that in there because he played Marth exclusively for years and its more of a "What is the world coming to." kind of thing. On top of that I'm pretty sure Cactuar is close to throwing in the towel as well. He hasn't been doing well lately at all.
Cactuar is nowhere near throwing in the towel. Just because he isn't placing as well doesn't mean he is quitting. Cactuar, for some reason I can't understand, enjoys the game more when he is not winning.

Zombie Lucille Ball

Smash Master
Cactuar ***** but honestly after he beat darkrain at event 52 everybody **** their pants and was like OMG OMG OMG but I wouldn't say he's gotten any worse or isn't playing as well as any time. Whatever, it was still an ignorant thing to say (the whole thing).

Top Bottom