• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Connecticut Player Finder: We're better than you <3

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
DD's tv size is more than adequate :colorful:

pof, zoso, dd, hayes, new england, i take it there's no chance you'll be at tipped off 5, eh?

P. O. F.

Smash Ace
I edited it. <3

Also, my rambling/stupid posts are more common lately because of this:

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=6983552#post6983552

I've been putting much more time into that thread and my posts anywhere else are like...whatever springs to mind/whatever i feel like saying. lol. I dont care anymore.

I think I want to start browsing some other character specific threads in both Brawl and Melee. I really only view the CT thread now as "Hey i want to play smash, who wants to play?" or a "blah blah blah just did really good at blah blah blah and placed blah blah blah" or a lets all go to this tournament thread.

oh, and lets all make fun of POF because clearly we have nothing better to do in here.

Sleepy-Hmmm, intriguing. Let me see....

SleepyK

"nothing better to do here" is a moot argument on a forum.
esp for video games.

also pof if that was directed at me in any way pardon my post, i was just being sarcasmic about nothing.

P. O. F.

Smash Ace
No, it wasn't.

And I'm not going to tipped off 5. I have two end of the summer parties to attend that weekend.

I am 100% positively going to Pound 4 though. That is fact.

EC_Joey

Smash Lord
I met SwiftBass.

=)

I felt bad you were freezing all night because you were right next to the air conditioner with no covers. You should have asked one of us to help you turn it off!

_milktea

Smash Lord
I wish people would just shut the **** up about Jason. The entire SNES thread is either whining about Brawl or whining about him forfeiting. Good lord, nobody even was there to hear what he had to say about his forfeit.

Anyways, this weekend was neat.

.=(Larx)=.

Smash Cadet
well i wasn't at gameunicon for very long and only played to people in melee and i don't know where to do shout outs so this place is fine.

Irish mafia- GGs, put the vids up, you wouldn't want anything to happen to something special to you (lame mafia joke) we need to mm again.

guy next to irish mafia- GGs too.

oh yeah

Milktea-Nice non-playing me matches, you're too good at them.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
DD's tv size is more than adequate :colorful:

pof, zoso, dd, hayes, new england, i take it there's no chance you'll be at tipped off 5, eh?
:D I'd love to.
=[ But I can't. College johns.

I wish people would just shut the **** up about Jason. The entire SNES thread is either whining about Brawl or whining about him forfeiting. Good lord, nobody even was there to hear what he had to say about his forfeit.

Anyways, this weekend was neat.
DX What did he say about it? He said he wasn't feeling like he could win right?

>_> If that was the case he should just play Mewtwo...again.
-DD

_milktea

Smash Lord
He just admitted that he can't beat him, and that he no longer enjoys Smash. To him, it's like a chore and not even fun anymore, and the ridiculous amount of pressure that's constantly on him sucks. So we told him if he isn't enjoying it, quit and get a normal job.

Moon-Doggie

Smash Ace
He just admitted that he can't beat him, and that he no longer enjoys Smash. To him, it's like a chore and not even fun anymore, and the ridiculous amount of pressure that's constantly on him sucks. So we told him if he isn't enjoying it, quit and get a normal job.
Thats sad :[

But it happens even to the best.

P. O. F.

Smash Ace
Fair enough. But during a tournament quitting is about the stupidest/most pathetic thing I've ever heard. At least play it out and see what happens. If you are going to make the attempt to drive/fly down to a tournament you should at least play it out.

How he has been playing has NOTHING to do with the fact that he is not winning anymore. In fact, its probably the least. Do you honestly really think people care that M2K is OMG GUYZZ THE BEST IN THE WORLD? Probably not. If they do, then they are clearly stupid. Most look up to M2K has an admirable and dedicated Marth who brings something new to the table. He defined gimping. Plain and simple. A lot of Marth Mains look up to him as Ganon mains look up to Tipman and Kage, Sheik mains look up to Drephen and KDJ, Doc and Mario mains look up to DJ Nintendo boss and Green Mario, Peach mains look up to Cort vidjo wife and Armada, etc.

Its more of the fact that people are disapointed with his competitive view and attitude.

If someone wants to quit smash they have every right to do so and throw in the towel but the way hes going about it is horribly wrong.

He gave up at ROM, SNES, and didn't care vs Zhu at Genesis. I can respect and understand his loss to Ally at Apex because the guy tried. I can't hate that.

M2K DOES NOT have to impress anyone or do anything special to make anyone happy but if you're going to quit smash go out on a good/high note. Enough said. Leave as a respected smasher...not as a quitter.

SleepyK

pof, this is a serious post.

you don't know anything about m2k, so please don't judge him.

_milktea

Smash Lord

mmm.

Honestly Garrett, really? I never say a word to your posts or flame you, but a few of your posts from recently have got me thinking. A lot of people don't even bother responding to you in a logical fashion due to the fact that you ignore them, but since I never ever trash you and make fun of you, I'm hoping you actually read and acknowledge my post.

You just stated that you never initiate fighting or what not, but really? I posted asking DD to help with my PSP, and you flew out of no where with a list of why your PSP is just as good as his, and if not, better.

Then you decided to post about why going to large tournaments is a waste of money and dumb; why would you even consider posting something so ludicrous on a Smash Brothers forum? Can you not judge by the photos taken at these various events that we're all friends, and the 200$ that we're dropping isn't just to play a video game, but to hang out with them?

And now, I just stated that people should stop ragging on poor Jason, because nobody really knows him, and here you come, flying out of nowhere with this long *** post acting as if you're god and how Jason really should act in such a situation. None of us know what it's like to be in his position, ESPECIALLY you or me considering we're no where near his level. The pressure he has on his shoulders is something you will NEVER experience, Smash-wise at least.

Sheesh dude, please think before you post things like that/those. I'm starting to think you actually are just a troll.

P.c. Chris

Smash Lord
wow M2K is quitting :/? maybe I'll come back so i don't have to get destroyed by him every tournament. Hahaha jk I'm way too lazy and rusty anyway. That makes me sad that he just forfeited the set/match though (I'm assuming that's what happened, correct me if I'm wrong but i didn't really check the SNES thread due to laziness :D). Either way i find it really disrespectful that he did that, not just to mango/hax or whoever but to the people who come all the way from like Zimbabwe to watch the best players actually play it out in the final few matches. Sure i don't know what m2k is going through, i haven't really talked to the guy in a while but if its some midlife crisis/family emergency that stopped him from playing those matches then so be it, but if its because he's sad because he can't win anymore then i really can't respect him as a top player anymore.

POF I'm not agreeing with your post so don't get excited LOL im just stating my opinion for those who care, if any haha.

P. O. F.

Smash Ace
Omfgctiagtku!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Chris is awesome. We should play SF IV some more. I got better.

No, I think people interpreted what I said wrong. Honestly, I'm not judging m2k or hating on him.....at all. Really, i dont care but other smashers such as kage and cactuar have talked about this as well. If you're not playing smash because you just all of a sudden stopped not doing as well and you feel the pressure...than quit. Theres really nothing to it. But don't make an episode out of it. You play something because you want to, not because you're forced to.

Why does everyone think i attack everyone or hate everyone? Seriously? WTF?

I said LOL at Solid Jake and Game universe because he didnt produce a good turnout. OMG guys! that means I hate Jake. It's a joke. Deal with it. Its obviously not HIS problem the turnout didnt happen for Melee...it was the community.

(Waits for flaming by Zoso.)

_milktea

Smash Lord
Don't really see how he made an episode out of it. He just said he isn't gonna play, the end. Actually, everyone else seems to be making a bigger deal out of him not playing than he is, EL OH EL.

By the way, he played Mango a set first before giving up.

Edit: Anyways, SNES made me sad. I improved a lot playing Darc/others/getting tips from SleepyK before CTcon and now that I'm going back to school I'm just gonna get horrible again for Pound 4 -_-;. Ugh.

Moon-Doggie

Smash Ace
so besides all of this m2k and stuff, yesterday i drank a soda with ice cubes in it.
Them temperature stabilizing devices? Awesoooooome.

Boy this thread really slowed down compared to before.
Anyone on here going to TBG#3??

Also I'm thinking of getting back into the melee scene since
the brawl scene is a little inactive. Is there anyone willing to
get me back into shape and then some?

.=(Larx)=.

Smash Cadet
Them temperature stabilizing devices? Awesoooooome.

Boy this thread really slowed down compared to before.
Anyone on here going to TBG#3??

sure, i will. i am a master of turning people into awesome.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
mmm.

Honestly Garrett, really? I never say a word to your posts or flame you, but a few of your posts from recently have got me thinking. A lot of people don't even bother responding to you in a logical fashion due to the fact that you ignore them, but since I never ever trash you and make fun of you, I'm hoping you actually read and acknowledge my post.

You just stated that you never initiate fighting or what not, but really? I posted asking DD to help with my PSP, and you flew out of no where with a list of why your PSP is just as good as his, and if not, better.

Then you decided to post about why going to large tournaments is a waste of money and dumb; why would you even consider posting something so ludicrous on a Smash Brothers forum? Can you not judge by the photos taken at these various events that we're all friends, and the 200$ that we're dropping isn't just to play a video game, but to hang out with them?

And now, I just stated that people should stop ragging on poor Jason, because nobody really knows him, and here you come, flying out of nowhere with this long *** post acting as if you're god and how Jason really should act in such a situation. None of us know what it's like to be in his position, ESPECIALLY you or me considering we're no where near his level. The pressure he has on his shoulders is something you will NEVER experience, Smash-wise at least.

Sheesh dude, please think before you post things like that/those. I'm starting to think you actually are just a troll.

o.o Lil was posting in a stern tone? My goodness. =O!

Uhh, play Brawl+ =D! You get to keep your Fox and raise it to the high tier.

Note: Before Eric came by, AwsmSean was just "Sean".
-DD

Moon-Doggie

Smash Ace

o.o Lil was posting in a stern tone? My goodness. =O!

Uhh, play Brawl+ =D! You get to keep your Fox and raise it to the high tier.

Note: Before Eric came by, AwsmSean was just "Sean".
-DD
The brawl+ community is probably even smaller lolol. Also you seem to not
know, my brawl Fox is high tier. ;D

P. O. F.

Smash Ace
Don't really see how he made an episode out of it. He just said he isn't gonna play, the end. Actually, everyone else seems to be making a bigger deal out of him not playing than he is, EL OH EL.

By the way, he played Mango a set first before giving up.

Edit: Anyways, SNES made me sad. I improved a lot playing Darc/others/getting tips from SleepyK before CTcon and now that I'm going back to school I'm just gonna get horrible again for Pound 4 -_-;. Ugh.
Dear Lil,

<3.

I know, he forfeited against Hax.

My two cents: Playing a video game seriously is in fact not really serious. If it is, than some of you have your priorities in life allll wrong.

You play/do something because you enjoy doing it...not because of the $. If hes just playing for the money....than why do it........? Playing for the money and not going because of the money are two very different things.

I said going to SNES was dumb because I'd rather do the same thing with people for cheaper maybe because im moving into a condo next week and going to have to start paying bills and such?
Basically look at it like this- Ice Cream sundae right down the street for 1.00 or drive twenty minutes to get the same ice cream? Its the same comparison Did I mention its on the beach, there will be parties, and some certain smashers by the name of aesir and spawn are invited. Noodles-You're too young. lol.

If smash brothers got me into Harvard, got me a job as a teacher at Yale, or was some form of edible substance I'd say Smash was much more important. But its ****ing entertainment. No different than watching The Matrix, Family Guy, or playing monopoly

P. O. F.

Smash Ace
Did I ever tell you thumbs that I've grown to like your posts 10X more over the past year.

Not going to lie, before I met you we clasheddddd so bad. I met you, now I want you to live in Ct.

Pichu is fun VS Falcon too.

AxelSlam

Smash Ace
Mur-mur-murder Capital Awesome Level: 9000+
Melee is a good game.
Jason is good at this game, and we all know this.
He's a neat guy, and he's still amazing.
/discussion.

Hey everybody :3
I think I'm going to RoM 2 :o

Also.
Meleeeeeee
I'm finally learning how to moonwalk more than once in a row :D

Top Bottom