• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Connecticut Player Finder: We're better than you <3

P. O. F.

Smash Ace
Trade-

Agreed that you learn more via someone of higher skill...I can't argue that. Hence, why we all like playing w Swift...hes the best to learn from in CT at this point. My point is is that Noodles and I DEFINITELY do learn/breech off of one another. I discover something...he counters it and learns a way around it...and the same thing is if he starts doing something that I get ***** by...I learn it and counter that.

IMO I really do agree with cactuars three people needed to grow as a player.

You need a scrub to ****
A player on your level
and someone to look up to to measure your development.

EDit-Did Scar go to SNES? No offence guys but Hax > Scar IMO. I think people hype him up too much because of his combo videos. Hes great, but Hax is just all around ****. Scar IS more consistent though....

its a coin toss and a matter of opinion if you ask me.

P. O. F.

Smash Ace
Edit-Why did Cort get such a ****ty bracket? Umm although hes been inactive everyone knows hes still like the best Peach. LOL Solid Jake and Game Universe.

Edit-

Aesir: I thought M2K was "BACK"?

noodles

Smash Champion
good stuff swift. also i watched you/mogwai vs skler/some pika and then saw the very beginning of you guys vs hax/scar, howd the set go?

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
i sensed drama in this thread so I stopped actually reading posts. i think everyone's missing that the real point of snes was that Mogwai has gotten his teams money back in each of the last two tournies he's gone to, get at me...

<_<

>_>

oh yea, and Swift's really good, especially vs. Jiggs.

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
imo m2k's kind of caught isaiah syndrome.

different form though.

/johns

EC_Joey

Smash Lord
This thread's last couple pages were just boring to read.

Lost to Swift, beat Boxab, lost to Banks, gained new drive to improve.

P. O. F.

Smash Ace
Wow, everyone but Cort got a nice Bracket. Who seeded?

Lil-You beat Spife?

From the looks of it it doesn't look like Melee was an epic turnout. Entrants?

EC_Joey

Smash Lord
Wow, everyone but Cort got a nice Bracket. Who seeded?

Lil-You beat Spife?

From the looks of it it doesn't look like Melee was an epic turnout. Entrants?
61 entrants. Peach > Link. I heard OWM seeded, but I might be wrong.

P. O. F.

Smash Ace
Eww 61 Entrants makes me sad.

Did Forward enter Singles? Marc told me he was rooming w him, darc, lil, etc

OWM seeded? We should have made Isiah seed Genesis.....

P. O. F.

Smash Ace
That sucks. I'm happy I chose not to go. 15 dollars for 61 entrants? I could understand if it was like a BIG tournament but that tournament had A LOT OF HYPE. Brawl Entrants?

SleepyK

man 15 dollars for experience at a decent sized tournament?
totally not worth it!
smash bros is only worth it when there are at least 100 people!
I'm so glad I didn't go and get to play with top players and listen to awesome bands and have a good time with smashers!

ZoSo

Smash Champion
Garrett was doing pretty good for a little then he just posted like 500 dumb things on the last two pages. Trying to meet his quota, I assume.

Nobody asked me to buy a pass at Gameunicon so I never did. That was probably my favorite part.

I feel like I've been playing really ****ty lately. Like, since the last Mass Madness. Few exceptions, but I pretty much always feel like I could be playing better. Not sure what to make of it.

wWw Dazwa

#BADMAN
Losing to a Pokemon Trainer or Pikachu would make me want to quit Brawl. They are both horrible characters.
Pokemon Trainer is a reasonable claim for someone really detached from the Brawl community.

But Pikachu is actually really **** good, a solid air-game, nice kill moves, and chaingrabs EVERYWHERE. He's so incredibly far from horrible that I'm not entirely sure how anyone could make such a claim. He's better than ZSS, and I've actually considered switching to Pikachu recently, but stuck with my main guns this weekend (I did horrible ;_;, but I managed to 2 stock KingAce when I switched to Diddy for the hell of it LOL)

UMMMMMM LOL brackets

good **** swift though
Although you're probably talking about how you basically fought every Falcon possible, the players that were seeded as the top 4 (1Mango, 2M2K, 3Darc, and 4yourself in that order) were the 4 players remaining in winner semi-finals.

Also POF, I seeded Melee, and got Darc to double check my seeding (only made one correction, IIRC). Milktea's issue of facing people she knew was

1. A last minute addition due to communication error
2. On the spot bracket correction because IIRC, the bye she replaced by being entered late was against Mango, so she was moved to play against Spife. It was my mistake that I didn't catch the proximity to Darc.
3. Everything after Darc is losers bracket shenanigans and is pretty much uncontrollable.

Melee doubles was seeded by OWM, and I looked over it afterwards. It was actually pretty decently seeded (I don't have the bracket on hand), but I missed the Gmoney/Alukard seeding somehow so that was also my fault.

Don't carelessly attack other people based on one person saying "but I might be wrong."

Brawl had 141 entrants, Melee doubles had 21 entrants, and I don't recall the entrant count from Brawl 2v2.

Here's a video of Brawl grand finals someone recorded from the live stream:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yF-XhuLTdQo

It's choppy (live stream), but it features exhausted, excited, and possibly terrible commentary from myself, Jake, OBM and OWM :D

P. O. F.

Smash Ace
totally not worth it!
I'm so glad I didn't go and get to play with top players and listen to awesome bands and have a good time with smashers!
Yes, it is stupid. Here, let me show you:

The bands were no names or nothing that sparked my interest. No offence to them....I had no desire to listen to Freezepop or anything else. Arguably one of the lesser known bands in GH. I love how you said DECENT SIZED tournament. This was expected to amazing. This would be like going to genesis and only seeing one hundred Melee entrants.

30 dollar venue fee + 15 dollar entry fee per event + hotel= 170.00 including food/gas w ease.

Any other tournament in the New England area:

Free Housing (most likely) + 10 dollar venue fee + ten dollar entry = about 50-60 dollars. We'll even throw in the Tri State costs if you like of twenty dollars if you want.

170-60= I just saved a hundred and ten dollars and still hung out with cool smashers, people, etc.

Sounds like a better plan to me.

Dear Dazwa,

Thank You for being amazing and pointing things out without being a jerk/tool for no reason.

I pretty much always feel like I could be playing better.
We all do. That's why we keep playing.

Alukard

Smash Hero
i love you guys ... i just wished dazwa wasn't sooo busy so he could have seen that seeding ... -______-

i mean i wouldn't have been upset about playing m2k and cort only because me and G played against darc for like 3 hours the day b4 >_<

btw ... melee is back isn't it ???

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
totally not worth it!
:D Me too.

I got my LCD tv working as second monitor! Wooo!
-DD

ZoSo

Smash Champion
Yes, it is stupid. Here, let me show you:

The bands were no names or nothing that sparked my interest. No offence to them....I had no desire to listen to Freezepop or anything else. Arguably one of the lesser known bands in GH. I love how you said DECENT SIZED tournament. This was expected to amazing. This would be like going to genesis and only seeing one hundred Melee entrants.

30 dollar venue fee + 15 dollar entry fee per event + hotel= 170.00 including food/gas w ease.

Any other tournament in the New England area:

Free Housing (most likely) + 10 dollar venue fee + ten dollar entry = about 50-60 dollars. We'll even throw in the Tri State costs if you like of twenty dollars if you want.

170-60= I just saved a hundred and ten dollars and still hung out with cool smashers, people, etc.

Sounds like a better plan to me.
I think $170 is pretty reasonable for 4 days of unlimited gaming, live music, panels, a place to sleep, shower, et cetera.

I only went for Melee on Sunday. I was never asked to buy a pass and I didn't enter anything so I pretty much only paid for gas.

Dear Dazwa,

Thank You for being amazing and pointing things out without being a jerk/tool for no reason.
Yeah, because it's not like you blaitantly picks fights with people/post inflammatory, off-topic things for no readily apparent reason ALL THE TIME.

By the way, nice job insulting Jake, who is pretty much beloved by all of New England (with good reason) and also rarely if ever checks this thread and thus can't defend himself.

We all do. That's why we keep playing.
What I mean is that I know I'm capable of more right now, but I rarely play anywhere near the peak of my abilities.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
What I mean is that I know I'm capable of more right now, but I rarely play anywhere near the peak of my abilities.
=[ I know the feelin' man. I know it.

Also: Scrubs across the hall have a bigger TV than I do. Should I attempt a MoneyTV match with character of their choice?
-DD

SleepyK

it's pretty hard to consistently play at the top of your game.
I guess that's part of what makes the top players top players, though.

P. O. F.

Smash Ace
melee is back isn't it ???
I hope.

I think $170 is pretty reasonable for 4 days of unlimited gaming, live music, panels, a place to sleep, shower, et cetera.

I only went for Melee on Sunday. I was never asked to buy a pass and I didn't enter anything so I pretty much only paid for gas.

Yeah, because it's not like you blaitantly picks fights with people/post inflammatory, off-topic things for no readily apparent reason ALL THE TIME.

By the way, nice job insulting Jake, who is pretty much beloved by all of New England (with good reason) and also rarely if ever checks this thread and thus can't defend himself.

Fair enough, but you know your entry was a fluke. I didn't insult Jake at all. All I said was is that I had no desire to go to something that expensive with the bands and stuff that it had to offer. In no way did I say "Jake sucks and epicly failed at making this tournament." or anything remotely close.

I don't PICK FIGHTS with anyone. I call someone out when they say something stupid. Just as you and people on here do with me. Which I do admit, I do say dumb *** **** sometimes. Like I should not have assumed OWM seeded Melee...that was a dumb *** move on my part. But its like some of you act like you are right ALL THE TIME and its really funny.

and I know what you meant when you said you dont feel like you are playing to your full potential. I know i'm 10X more capable than I perform most of the time. When I played you last time in friendlies at Matts house I was playing extremely well but simple parts of my game were highly off......waiting for one.

SleepyK

everyone is right all of the time, some of the time.

as for feeling like you can do better, i dunno. I've always felt that I could have done better after the matches, but the matches are how they happened. Usually my post-match lamentations come from the late realization of mistakes I had made.

I'm only johning to myself if I try to say that I could have done better in the match because of something I realized afterward.

things like
"oh, I shouldn't have played so defensively"
"I should have forced him to approach me"
or whatever come to mind a lot.
I don't think that I should assume I could have done better because of something that I learned as a result of the match.
IDK just ramblin

P. O. F.

Smash Ace
M2K needs to stop being a *****.

There I said it. We were all thinking it and we know it.

I still love M2K and hes amazing.

Do I really have to ****ing bust this **** out?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7lIc...9456B5AA&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=18
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qna80MbcAAc&feature=channel_page
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PsYLivXNbA4&feature=channel_page
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5BWJ2bBlO1Q&feature=PlayList&p=B31F812837804729&index=10

Grow up, man up, kick peoples *** again.
M2K will win pound 4.

ZoSo

Smash Champion
In no way did I say "Jake sucks and epicly failed at making this tournament." or anything remotely close.
LOL Solid Jake and Game Universe.
I think you beat your 4 and 1/2 hour contradiction record (CT>LttP>CT). Nicely done.

Also, I saw a lot of people walking around without passes, so you really don't know what you're talking about as usual.

Don't reply to this post unless you plan on saying, "You're right. My bad."

And yeah, that post is super constructive, Garrett. I'm sure Mew2king will win Pound 4 now just because you posted that. Good ****.

P. O. F.

Smash Ace
I think you beat your 4 and 1/2 hour contradiction record (CT>LttP>CT). Nicely done.

Also, I saw a lot of people walking around without passes, so you really don't know what you're talking about as usual.

Don't reply to this post unless you plan on saying, "You're right. My bad."

And yeah, that post is super constructive, Garrett. I'm sure Mew2king will win Pound 4 now just because you posted that. Good ****.
Alright, you're right...my bad.

Did I say M2K would win pound 4? No.

Top Bottom