• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Connecticut Player Finder: We're better than you <3

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
Played blazblu for the first time tonight. mixed feelings. I'm seeing guilty gear minus a few thingies, maybe they wanted to start from the ground up.

arakune = eddie(but like a crappier version and by crappier I mean not god tier as eddie was at times)
ragna= sol
jin= ky
magnet guy= pokemkin
taokaka= may
jichi= jam with a staff and ****

Im hoping that later releases are more refined as their GG counter part was in its later releases. correct me if I'm wrong PLZ but Jin a bit OP? Is there no green defense bubble/roman cancel or was i doin it wrong? OTG game seems WAY more important in this game as well
Arakune is actually a simpler version of Eddie and is ridicu-**** broken. Trust me when I say this. Mashing buttons will net you a thirty hit combo with just about half of your life gone. Don't believe me? Set up into a drive and start linking Gatling combo-ing stuff.

Ragna is Sol. No getting around that one. The only difference is that he doesn't have a projectile game and has to play super defensively in most of his matchups.

Jin is Sub-Zero. Lmao. But yeah, you pretty much hit the nail on the head. Cept Jin doesn't have a Vapor Thrust. He just rides the ice (ing).

(I will add that Jin isn't actually TOO bad if you learn the match-up. Just don't whiff your attacks and be spacing against stuff that can freeze you. Oh, and don't get grabbed. Especially if you're Ragna. If he has at least fifty percent heat and he grabs you, that's 75% of Ragna's health gone. **** ice arrows.)

Tager...who the **** are we kidding? Iron Tager? More like "Red Potemkin." The only difference between the two is that if a character is magnetized they are in for some Potemkin Buster shenanigans from like, half-way across the screen. Of course, that's easily remedied if they keep moving.

Taokaka as May? Naw, dude. I don't agree with that. I think she's more like Chipp, with her zippity-zoom Drive tricks and her mobility. Plus she's got Wolverine's BERSERKER BARRAGE from MvC2.

Litchi is...Jam? I can't really pinpoint her. I guess if she is like Jam it would be like Jam without Breath of Asanagi.

Rachel is kinda like a slow moving Testament. Pure "trap" character, imo. Lots and lots of setups off of her Silpheed Drive and her projectiles. Plus the frog. The god**** frog!!!!!

Hakumen is one of the characters in this game I ****ing fear, especially in the hands of really good players. I think Baiken, only he hits like a ****ing Mack truck. Seriously. It only takes him five hits to turn around a fight against everyone but Tager. Plus he has some serious range.

Noel is weird, but she's hot. She's all about that hit and run game.

Carl is bad. Seriously. His Drive is absolutely horrible and he has nothing else to compensate for it. Apparently he has an infinite on all of the cast, but he can't land it without his doll being close by...

Bang is....lolololololololol. But he's fun to play as. Plus he's not that bad for a joke character. Lots of solid pokes and good aerial mobility once you get those bumpers up. Bang Install is actually kinda nasty if you use it right.

v-13 is Dizzy. Only, played Brawl-style. If you run away and play defensively (kinda like camping in Brawl), you have an amazing keep-away game. Problem is though that if you can get passed that, she has lots of problems with up-close fighting. But no doubt, she is a really good character.

As for the other stuff? Yeah, there is Faultless defense---it's done the same way as in GG, only you hold down the light (A) and medium (B) buttons as you block (if you're playing on a PS3, that's R2). Throws are medium (B) and heavy (C) buttons pressed at the same time (R1 on a PS3). To Roman Cancel, it's all three attack buttons (A), (B), and (C) (or L2 on PS3). Edit: Oh, and you need at least 50% meter to Roman Cancel too.

Hope that helps and gives you insight into what I think of the cast. XD

Smooth Criminal

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
I don't think v-13 is hard to manage. She is deserving of her high/top tier spot, sure, but she's definitely not as bad as Arakune. Even you have to agree, Thumbs---Arakune shuts down EVERYTHING once he curses you. Especially a good one, who after he shuts you down will proceed to run and counter-hit every single attack you try to make against him with one of his many random bugs. Of course, those counter-hits=long-*** combos that lead into a throw to Distortion Drive mixup.

XD I need to play more Arakunes.

Smooth Criminal

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
Dammit, Lil/Milktea. That link lead me off o' Smashboards.

lol

I wish I could have at LEAST gone to Cali this summer. Although Genesis would have been nice.

Smooth Criminal

Zombie Lucille Ball

Smash Master
lol cog, me and darc passed out together on sunday night after the tourney hahaha

and a random creeper took pictures with us while we slept? ROFL
That's.............awesome.

Dustin's stomach did a falcon bair into the garbage can ROFL
LOL kids... ^_^

anyone else not digging this pagewon'tloadsoit'swhitewithsomepopups swf?

Moon-Doggie

Smash Ace
That's.............awesome.

LOL kids... ^_^

anyone else not digging this pagewon'tloadsoit'swhitewithsomepopups swf?
Yeah uhhh I just switched to classic blue mode, no more annoying white SWF

P.S
New art in my dev art. trying to mix realism with anime. it's tough though.
chicomexicano.deviantart.com

Sox

Smash Journeyman
If anyone is driving/needs a ride to saffron on the first please let me know. I'd rather find a ride, but if i can't I really don't feel like driving alone.

By the way, I'm from West Hartford and play with P.O.F. a lot. If anyone wants to play melee sometime I'm usually up for it.

Aesir

Smash Master
If anyone is driving/needs a ride to saffron on the first please let me know. I'd rather find a ride, but if i can't I really don't feel like driving alone.

By the way, I'm from West Hartford and play with P.O.F. a lot. If anyone wants to play melee sometime I'm usually up for it.
awwwwww shiiit

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
Grrr @ smashboards changing their format and making sigs impossible to show.

Alright, figured out how to get the sig in there. Awesome. :DDDDDDDDDDDD Yay

Zombie Lucille Ball

Smash Master
The page wasn't loading correctly and it was doing the white page thing, and I could see all of DD's sig with the 3 quotes. I just refreshed and it's black again and I can only see the banner now.
Awesome.

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=241188

melee tournament? lololoz.

also idk if i should
1) go back to maine and fly from portland
2) ask for a ride from mdz's and fly from mass
3) ride back with spawn and fly from bradley (can't upgrade my one-way to roundtrip)
4) random other location to fly from

since I haven't purchased my return ticket yet, i could fly from wherever.

Top Bottom