• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Connecticut Player Finder: We're better than you <3

P. O. F.

Smash Ace
Seriously PC, I'm coming down soon! Umm what are you doing next Wednesday? We should def hangout. SF IV....I havent played it in a while....my ps3 broke :( and i gotta send it to sony. I am definitely fiending it.

Also, at the last Brawl tournament I went to in Wallingford Darc and I were playing Melee singles and anytime I went off stage he just....killed me. It didnt matter if i went straight up w my firefox, sweet spotted the ledge w marth, didnt sweet spot...anything I tried he ***** me. Iwas like "Alright, definitely going to start using Jiggs. She's toooooo good off stage!" True Story.

Lately in Melee i've been trying to get decent w my Fox and Jigs. Two characters I never really cared to look into. I think Falco is a waste of time unless you have dedication. His recovery is a joke.

Jigs is amazing because:

Arguably the best teams partner for every character because she can save people with ease w her side B, get quick easy kills like Marth or Fox off stage with her bair or fair, has pretty much a one hit kill, is one of the toughest opponents to grab, (melee is all about the grab) has the best recovery in the game if you use the rising pound effectively, and is pretty good at camping due to her crouch.

-Nana-

Smash Journeyman
Anyone who has the desire to see Bruno, I strongly urge you to ignore it. It's absolutely detestable. Just throwing that out there.

EC_Joey

Smash Lord
Jigs is amazing because:

Arguably the best teams partner for every character because she can save people with ease w her side B, get quick easy kills like Marth or Fox off stage with her bair or fair, has pretty much a one hit kill, is one of the toughest opponents to grab, (melee is all about the grab) has the best recovery in the game if you use the rising pound effectively, and is pretty good at camping due to her crouch.
You make it sound so simple, even though it's not. :ohwell:

P. O. F.

Smash Ace
Melee is all about spacing, not grabs.
Point. I could agree to this. Lately my Marths spacing has been on target but when i dont tipper fair...i suck and stuff.

Let me rephrase that then: You don't have to worry about getting grabbed with jigs because you shouldn't be getting grabbed.

I think using Jigglypuff is extremely simple....and not at the exact same time.

Using her effectively on stage is extremely difficult against good Fox's, Falcos, and Marths...but using her off stage is pretty much a joke. Shes soooooooo good off stage. There is basically no risk involved.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
Anyone who has the desire to see Bruno, I strongly urge you to ignore it. It's absolutely detestable. Just throwing that out there.
I will take your advice to heart.
*runs to Demonoid*

Using her effectively on stage is extremely difficult against good Fox's, Falcos, and Marths...but using her off stage is pretty much a joke. Shes soooooooo good off stage. There is basically no risk involved.
Unless they go Kamikaze on your ***.
D: Its like WWII all over again.

ALSO:
Anyone else's forum skin acting up? I changed to the blue one because revolution wasn't loading right...
-DD

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
anyone need their 360 modded that hasn't had it done by dd? if not there's no need to bring my desktop...

g-regulate

Smash Hero
if tope loses to falcon im gonna punch him in the gonads

also, this thread produces an average of nearly 60 posts a day, since its creation.

trademark0013

Smash Champion
brawl stuff

Ally beat DEHF in winners.

Dojo vs. DEHF in losers, DEHF won game 1.

CO18 lost to Chip in losers after beating Futile...

Ally in winners finals.

Tyrant vs. M2K, winner plays Ally.

ADHD beat Kismet and SK92 and plays winner of Dojo DEHF.

trademark0013

Smash Champion
Melee singles Grand finals set one:

Mango is using Falco, with the tag of PC. Armada Peach. First match is on battlefield.

Mango just got DESTROYED. 3 stocked, match 2 he's CPing Dreamland with Jiggs. 1-0 Armada.

Second match, extremey close match on Dreamland, a real nailbiter(or mail bites according to phanna) mango pulls off the win. 1-1. Mango is switching to box's tag for the third match on FD.

Armada is crushing Mango on FD, stitch face turnip. Hes up 4 stock to 2 stock at the moment. 3 to 1 stock now. 2 to 1 stock. Armada wins 2 stock 2-1.

Also someones car was broken into at the venue.
specific detail ftw

Top Bottom