• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Connecticut Player Finder: We're better than you <3

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
I'm not saying it was an amazing movie or one of my favorites. All I am saying is that when you wanna go to the movies and there's not a lot out there TF2 is definitely worth watching once.

Get off my nuts guys lol.

What trade said, it's all a matter of opinion.

Zombie Lucille Ball

Smash Master
i never heard of that site before, but look at some of the other films that have an average grade of B (like the middle 300 movies out of 500) and you'll see that those grades are pretty clearly meaningless

I was entertained, as were many people
wait......... so not a lot of people liked it....... but "many people" did?

err

and yeah people liked it. marketing alone can't do $250m or whatever the heck it has now

SPAWN: indie movies playing in CT that you could go see right now: Food, Inc., Away We Go, The Hurt Locker

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to

err

and yeah people liked it. marketing alone can't do $250m or whatever the heck it has now
you're missing his point which is that people don't need to think a movie is good to have enjoyed watching it... In other a words a movie doesn't need to be "good" to "like" it.

and if we take the scales on that site to be a rating of whether people think that this is a good movie, we also have to admit that a whole lot of other garbage is also wrongfully being considered "good" and not just "liked."

pockyD

Smash Legend

err

what are you talking about

you quoted POF's post as if you had read it, so I don't know why you're still confused

Zombie Lucille Ball

Smash Master
I didn't know you were subscribing to that 2 category thing. Apologies.

But the point remains many people don't draw a line between the two; whatever is entertaining to them is therefore "good". I think we've had this discussion like ten times now lol

-Nana-

Smash Journeyman
I didn't know you were subscribing to that 2 category thing. Apologies.

But the point remains many people don't draw a line between the two; whatever is entertaining to them is therefore "good". I think we've had this discussion like ten times now lol
I feel like the majority of people consider "good" and "entertaining" to be the same but that's certainly not true. Dead Alive for example is absolutely terrible, but I love it for that reason. It's very entertaining and campy and awful lol but I would never recommend it to anyone who wants to see a "good" movie. As far as film goes it seems like artist value, acting, plot and the like have become superfluous. Obviously there are still Oscar winning films and all but they aren't the ones making hundreds of millions at the box office which is a shame imo. The same goes for music :0/ I hate technology lol.

Budai578

Smash Apprentice
I feel like the majority of people consider "good" and "entertaining" to be the same but that's certainly not true. Dead Alive for example is absolutely terrible, but I love it for that reason. It's very entertaining and campy and awful lol but I would never recommend it to anyone who wants to see a "good" movie. As far as film goes it seems like artist value, acting, plot and the like have become superfluous. Obviously there are still Oscar winning films and all but they aren't the ones making hundreds of millions at the box office which is a shame imo. The same goes for music :0/ I hate technology lol.
Exoskeletal junction at the railroad delayed.

P. O. F.

Smash Ace
Evan-Lets play Melee tomorrow for a bit?

Edit-Marth in Brawl + is retardedly awesome. Definitely maining Marth in every smash game. I don't care if hes horrible in the next Smash game...maining him.

trademark0013

Smash Champion
Obviously there are still Oscar winning films and all but they aren't the ones making hundreds of millions at the box office which is a shame imo. The same goes for music :0/ I hate technology lol.
its always been that day with movies. no one seems to care tho, except me when dark knight wasnt nominated.

its not the same with music. music can be rated by albums sold, DLed, etc, but movies arent rated by ticket sales

Zombie Lucille Ball

Smash Master
^_^d yes

its always been that day with movies. no one seems to care tho, except me when dark knight wasnt nominated.

its not the same with music. music can be rated by albums sold, DLed, etc, but movies arent rated by ticket sales
Actually I think it's a pretty astute comparison. The Grammys, however, are about ten times more bull**** than the Oscars. There is so much amazing music that will never get nominated for anything.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
every "girl gamer" i've seen on tv is a blond white girl.

and they never usually make it far in their respective games.... *sigh*
o_o What show?

I saw one on the SciFi channel I think...and a girl made it to the semi-finals...and lost in a racing game.

Go figure. Female drivers.

Then again, they did have to play while upside down...
-DD

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
Platoon is such a great movie.
George W. Bush was in a platoon.

Barack Obama was not.

WHERE IS YOUR GOD NOW?

Also;

I got my Hitachi59 into ModeB, but my PC still doesn't pick it up as a drive, so I STILL can't flash it. Total bummer.
-DD

-Nana-

Smash Journeyman
Platoon is such a great movie.
Dude I watched that recently after not having seen it in like 10 years and realized Dr. Cox from Scrubs was in it. Lawl. Too good and it's an amazing movie.

Cog- Agreed @ Grammy's/good music never being noticed. It's a complete joke haha although last year The Mars Volta won for best Rock Performance or something. Other than that I've never noticed good artists getting a Grammy but I don't pay attention to it.

The point is music shouldn't be based on record sales and all that, and your music shouldn't sell more because of how much auto-tune you use or how irrelevant your lyrics are but it seems to be. :0/

P. O. F.

Smash Ace
Who wants to play smash today? Notice how I said smash and not Melee? I'll play any Smash game today....someone should come over. Preferably Melee or Brawl + but i'll play Brawl too.

Zombie Lucille Ball

Smash Master
Dude I watched that recently after not having seen it in like 10 years and realized Dr. Cox from Scrubs was in it. Lawl. Too good and it's an amazing movie.

Cog- Agreed @ Grammy's/good music never being noticed. It's a complete joke haha although last year The Mars Volta won for best Rock Performance or something. Other than that I've never noticed good artists getting a Grammy but I don't pay attention to it.

The point is music shouldn't be based on record sales and all that, and your music shouldn't sell more because of how much auto-tune you use or how irrelevant your lyrics are but it seems to be. :0/
lol Dr Cox is so good in that movie.

I just meant that crap movies make a lot of money and crap music makes a lot too. Though it is incredibly interesting that nearly all the highest grossing films of all time are genre films

Top Bottom