• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Connecticut Player Finder: We're better than you <3

-Nana-

Smash Journeyman
Errr I guess I'm going to have to **** the next Brawl tournament. :-/

I just checked the NE power rankings.
http://allisbrawl.com/group.aspx?id=6677
Funny I'm not on there. I just beat Ace in tournament and I always place better than Rylix.

I'm sorry to say this but this is why the Brawl community is looked down upon. No one has any idea whats going on and a good 80% of the Brawl players have no idea what they are talking about or how to properly come up with an adequate ranking list. Brawl players play Brawl over Melee because they know they can never be "good" at Melee. I LIKE BRAWL and I ENJOY THE GAME but I don't enjoy playing with most people because they are dumb and have no concept of how to play.

For instance: I like playing with icy, fatal, dazwa, noodles, Bizkit, Darc, Bloodcross, and lets say for instance Ninjalink. It's the Melee vets that make this community still worth hanging around for. The people that were around for Melee are the good Brawl players.

What new Brawl player is really really good? And what players win Brawl tournaments? Melee Veterans.

True story: I was talking to Icy about a week ago and he says he can't stand Brawl...he just likes going to tournaments.
I know this is from a few days ago but that list does seem kind of weird to me but obviously everyone's gotten better. Who decided the rankings?

-Nana-

Smash Journeyman
Dude what's wrong with Michael Jackson? Yeah I saw someone said that but do you know who came up with the New England rankings?

noodles

Smash Champion
To the best of my knowledge, Noodles literally took the New England Power rankings and just cut out everyone who wasn't from CT and called it the CT power ranking.
yeah
Dude what's wrong with Michael Jackson? Yeah I saw someone said that but do you know who came up with the New England rankings?
the panelist people are: dazwa, green ace, icy, MdrnDayMercutio and blackmage.

im not sure who helped with this months update though (unless they all helped)

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
agreed

mogwai i got 109ft in the grab release hrc with falcon. i think i on to something thatll help get a longer distance. im scared i wont get the grab though lol
yea, that's the big thing with Falcon. the bag starts getting so much horizontal momentum and then the next thing you know, it's out of your reach :urg:. I'm trying not to get re involved with Grab/Release HRC until post-Genesis though...

noodles

Smash Champion
had to doubles post, 276.2 but i ended it with the upb. hopefully it still counts?

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
yea, like, I dunno, I think allowing CF/Ganon Up B and Bowser Side B only make sense in the context of a throw ending, not so much in grab/release. Though, I dunno, I think the only reason I don't allow a Bowser side B ending is to keep the guidelines as simple as possible (you must have your opponent in a grab when the HRC ends)

noodles

Smash Champion
what ive been doing for like 40 mins isnt gonna help me much then XD. upthrow to upsmash works really well for it, lol

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
what ive been doing for like 40 mins isnt gonna help me much then XD. upthrow to upsmash works really well for it, lol
yea, that'd put it too high though :p. It also probably doesn't move it fast enough horizontally. When I get back to it, I'm going to be experimenting with openings using forward B, uthrow and dthrow though.

noodles

Smash Champion
no like itd be good if the release for falcons upb was alot XD. it rack damage fast. and dthrow doesnt work ;_; when he slams the bag on the floor the game still registers it like it hit the floor.

noodles

Smash Champion
ah ok, and yeah once a get better numbers with other characters ill post it there

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
Hell yeah a fellow Litchi main :) we must ditto tonight! if you have time lol. And yeah many people who were good at GG are saying BB has an insane learning curve, which is a refreshing change of pace from Brawl. It's fun to learn a new game that's challenging and doesn't affect my Melee skills whatsoever.
Hit me up on AIM tonight, hopefully we can play. AIM= rgs10168

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
have you had to do the xclamp fix yet? it's easy as pie!

if you go to CT Con let's have xbox sex.
o_o XClamp? I had a BenQ[Done in 5 minutes], a Hitachi59[Going to do the 2Wire trick on it later, or use the CK3 I ordered], a Hitachi78[Slax is the sex], and a LiteOn[The reason I ordered the CK3].

-DD

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
it fixes most Red rings of death.
I RRoD'd right after an hour of play in Red Faction <_<
but i fixed it.

what's this 2wire trick?
does it let via sata cards read freaking 59s?

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
it fixes most Red rings of death.
I RRoD'd right after an hour of play in Red Faction <_<
but i fixed it.

what's this 2wire trick?
does it let via sata cards read freaking 59s?
Uhh...well its the like, riskiest thing. You take two sewing pins, stick them in certain holes of the power adapter in the back of the drive, connect them with a 1k resistor, and turn the Xbox on, and taking the resistor/pins out as soon as the light goes on or you fry the drive...and it some how puts the drive into ModeB from the get go.

o.o Only works on Hitachis. Its funky.
but the CK3 kit can do the same thing or something...so I'll have to take a look.
-DD

EC_Joey

Smash Lord
Hi guys. New avatar.

I'm going to miss all of you that are going to Genesis for a while.

:<

noodles

Smash Champion
im still upset that theres no live stream.

edit: i just saw last weeks ippo, im so hyped to keep watching it now

noodles

Smash Champion
i dont think swifts going. trade said he and mike$ might be going few weeks back

P. O. F.

Smash Ace
Really?

Good to know I can get some Swift training while everyone is gone.

Whats going on w Budai? Does he have that life and stuff now? Evans mad cool.

Budai578

Smash Apprentice
Really?

Good to know I can get some Swift training while everyone is gone.

Whats going on w Budai? Does he have that life and stuff now? Evans mad cool.
Yeah I'm mad cool and that's all you need to know.

Though yeah life and stuff is beast-moding me at the moment (work is making me crazy and tired). I've been keeping up with this thread for the most part at least!

Top Bottom