• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Connecticut Player Finder: We're better than you <3

NusCirtap

Smash Ace
West Hartford, CT &lt;3 Asian Cuteness Level: 10
I wish I saw Brookman's post earlier, I just finished my quiz early and had nothing to do for 2 hours and he lives close to me. Also, playing Brookman is like more fun than everyone else for some reason. Also, I haven't played in too long.

Nevermind, I would've probably been too lazy. -_-

Oh man, my finger is bleeding. -_-

_V_

Smash Ace
I'd try to go for 64...Cort would destroy everyone...

Is there a SF4 community like this someone could link me to? Or should I just use the Gamefaqs forums to figure stuff out?

Prince Of Fire

Smash Lord
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=7112063&
I kinda want to play melee tonight. Someone (or many someone's should PM me if interested.)
****, I could have played last night Mike. Wish I saw that earlier. Whatever though.

Also-The Gamecube controller is ********. It's horrible. I hate every button on that thing. If I could play Melee with a PS2 or PS3 controller...I would do that in a heart beat. I know there is actually a way to do that...you just cant map the controls...which sucks.

I would map as follows

L1-L
L2-L
R1-R
R2-R
Right Analog-C Stick
Left Analog-Movement
Square-B
X-A
Triangle-Jump
Circle-Jump.

Win

Seriously, the placement of the buttons on that controller is ********. The A button is HUGE while the B button is maddddd tiny and the y and X are on the most awkward angle in the world. Plus, I don't know about you but my hand sweats the most on that controller while playing more than any other controller.

P.c. Chris

Smash Lord
i disagree with PoF analog stick placement for ps2 would be so weird but i guess I'm only saying that because I'm used to playing smash with a GCN controller. either way i think the ps2 analog wouldn't last more than 2 weeks with a technical player the analogs feel pretty unresponsive compared to GCN (yes, i played melee with a ps2 controller before). I don't know if ps3 controllers are any better, i never used one >_<.

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
PoF there are converters for like everything ebay works wonders. there are even converters that allow u to play gamecube on a PC monitor so like give it a shot and see how that goes.

Brookman

Smash Hero
I don't find that anywhere near as impressive as scar and pakman's team combo. Honestly, it doesn't even compare.

Brookman

Smash Hero
Forget about the falcon punch. Think about the precision of pakman's charge smash followed by the delicacy of scar's weak knee to set both chars up for the karate chop. THEN, what many of you may not know, the marth play supports falco with a few forward b's off stage to hold up for the falcon punch.

pockyD

Smash Legend
the main things about wombo combo are

1) done in a very important match - loser's finals i believe
2) the commentators knew it was coming and were noticeably excited about it (maybe an understatement :laugh: )

thumbswayup

Smash Master
Wombo combo is better than the Scar and Pakman combo. I'm sorry, but SS had to pivot grab to get off that back throw and then Tang shined up smash in place and then SS finished it all with a knee. Plus it was a zero to death.

pockyD

Smash Legend
scripted vs spontaneous is something that varies in preference from person to person anyway

like, i don't think scar and pakman could recreate the blue laser combo in a pinch even if the percents/DI were identical... but tang/ss could wombo combo all day

all day baby all day

Top Bottom