• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Connecticut Player Finder: We're better than you <3

_V_

Smash Ace
Yeah I saw no pivot grab there? Not denying that it isn't still cool...but everything Luigi does is just too bad *** for me to not like Scar/Pakman better.

Edit//**** I gotta remember to refresh after being on a page for like 5 minutes before posting :p

noodles

Smash Champion
around how much is it? i think its the one he got from nintendo after a brawl tournament they hosted

Chum

Smash Apprentice
****, I could have played last night Mike. Wish I saw that earlier. Whatever though.

Also-The Gamecube controller is ********. It's horrible. I hate every button on that thing. If I could play Melee with a PS2 or PS3 controller...I would do that in a heart beat. I know there is actually a way to do that...you just cant map the controls...which sucks.

I would map as follows

L1-L
L2-L
R1-R
R2-R
Right Analog-C Stick
Left Analog-Movement
Square-B
X-A
Triangle-Jump
Circle-Jump.

Win

Seriously, the placement of the buttons on that controller is ********. The A button is HUGE while the B button is maddddd tiny and the y and X are on the most awkward angle in the world. Plus, I don't know about you but my hand sweats the most on that controller while playing more than any other controller.

are the ps2's shoulders buttons even like the gc's? would you even be able to light sheild?

Prince Of Fire

Smash Lord
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=7112063&
wombo vs blue lazer is pure personal preference.
I will say that it's the only time I've EVER EVER EVER seen shine -> upsmash in a match

lol @ pof forgetting the grab button. gc controller is freaking brilliant.

just skip to 3:16 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WWMcM_-Cs-M

I guess that's funny. Sorry, I forgot a button. That must mean I know nothing about video games. (Coming from the guy who probably has the biggest video game collection in CT)

All of those spoofs were stupid.

Chum-Yeah, PS3 buttons are pressure sensitive.

Let me add this in just for kicks then

R1-GRAB
R2-Shield

I also do think that this "Wombo Combo" crap is getting really old. It was a sick combo but its not the greatest thing in Melee ever done IMO

_milktea

Smash Lord
GUYSSS. I dropped a Harry Potter book onto the bottom right (wrist area) corner of my macbook pro when it was open from about a foot above :(. Do you think it'll be alright?

Stfu mac haters, nobody cares

Brookman

Smash Hero
micheal jackson is a fcuking beast

he can touch little kids all he wants.....mutha fukka made thrilla man........thrilla

**** outta here
I can't seem to find my respect for you anymore... oh wait, I found it in the toilet under my poo

NusCirtap

Smash Ace
West Hartford, CT &lt;3 Asian Cuteness Level: 10
I like the pound 3 sound better.

I bet it should be fine Lil, does it still work? Just see for yourself.

Yeah, I think pakman/scars combo is more impressive because 2v2 and not 2v1 and the weak knee to continue the combo is amazing. Double falcon punch off the stage is too good also.

I also liked when V rested brookman and cort at the same time in like the far corner of the screen this one time at Jakes. >_>

-Darc-

Heir to the Monado
GUYSSS. I dropped a Harry Potter book onto the bottom right (wrist area) corner of my macbook pro when it was open from about a foot above :(. Do you think it'll be alright?

Stfu mac haters, nobody cares
I'm quoting this post because LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

Classic Lil.

Yes Lil it is fine. Laptops have casings for a reason.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
I'm quoting this post because LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

Classic Lil.

Yes Lil it is fine. Laptops have casings for a reason.
>_> I mean jeez, it was only Harry Potter. I'd be more concerned about all the teen angst falling out of the book and ruining the macbook.
-DD

Brookman

Smash Hero
So dannielle and I have been having a little competition in solitaire. She got a pretty high score of about 7,000. I've been trying for a few days to beat her score but I'd been focusing on beating chess titans at level 10 (which I did, finally).

So this morning I decided I'd tackle solitaire with the following results:

Thats the score im settling with. I originally got like 7,900 then she adopted my strategy and beat my score by 1,000 points. After cooking some lunch I decided it was time to lay the smack own on my darling and sped through the game within a lean 66 seconds.

Anyone want to try and beat me?

edit: just got 12k, she says im cheating :D!!!

She plays fair and honorably, she lets her solitaires recovery without edge guarding them basically

she's resorting to physical abuse now :'<

Budai578

Smash Apprentice
I'm willing to give it a shot, Mike. A few questions though:

Draw 1 or draw 3?
Standard scoring or Vegas scoring?
Are there any shortcut keystrokes you can do besides double-clicking on stuff that goes on the top-right piles?

If anyone wants to get at me in Minesweeper, bring it on.

Top Bottom