• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Connecticut Player Finder: We're better than you <3

Bakasquad5

Smash Apprentice
Ride the Hurricane Road Artist formerly known as t
Hi CT, I'll be moving to Stamford this summer. Anyone (Melee players) live around there? It's basically right next to NYC.

Some of you may recognize me; last summer I spent some time in Stamford and posted in here a few times. I played some lolfi with Jam, Noodles, and maybe some other people. But I quit Brawl a while ago... let's play Melee. :)
gj sir lolfi and brlawl both suck and u made the right choice, i live in the hartford area as well so if ur comin down, we can play for as long as u want

onlymaskde

Smash Lord
Mogwai lives in Stamford and im about 20 mins south of Stamford.
Perfect, we should all play when I'm there. :D

>_> What a lucky, lucky man you are.

I hate you.
<3
-DD
Yeah, I'll be lucky to get anally *****.

gj sir lolfi and brlawl both suck and u made the right choice, i live in the hartford area as well so if ur comin down, we can play for as long as u want
hahah, I don't know what I was thinking playing Balrw. I always liked Melee more to begin with, but I know I made the right choice. <3

Everyone//Sexy, Jam and PoF: Thanks a lot guys. I'll definitely play with all of you when I'm in CT. I'll let you guys know.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
Yeah, I'll be lucky to get anally *****.
The best way to learn how to be a good anal rapist is by getting all the tricks of the trade from the best anal rapists you can find to **** your anus.

For the love of god join this

http://www.smashboards.com/group.php?groupid=750

if you do, i will love you for an eternity, and possible bare your children.
made out of complete boredom and silly random attention-*****-gasm =]

darc join <3
marc join <3 everyone else i might know/doesnt want me dead join LOL =D
=D I did.
-DD

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
I'm sleeeeepppppyyyyyy 'kay?
I'm going to bed.
=D Cya~

I'm also on Chapter 12 of Twilight. Sandra had it right when she told me to skip paragraphs that look like they're unnecessarily descriptive or talking about [Bella's] emotions, because as a male reader[Or any reader not ruled by estrogen I suppose] you realize you honestly don't care how she feels.

-DD

trademark0013

Smash Champion
Poffy for your statement about eminem, i'm never taking anything you say about music seriously again. you have no idea what the **** you are talking about most of the time, but this really takes the cake with me. I am actually very offended. I mean really, do you even listen to him? Obviously not and there is no aregument in the ****ing world that could back up what you just said.

_milktea

Smash Lord
You know what I hate?

When art teachers preach about how art is so personal and uber passionate and how everyone should do their own thing and not give a crap about grades, yet, when the time comes, they ****ing push you to do whatever they prefer, and if you even so hesitate against their every command, they're just like "Oh...well I mean it is YOUR work..." *Tone in voice implying that they are not going to give you a good grade or approve of it*. SO ANNOYING AND HYPOCRITICAL. SO SO SO annoying, and cumbersome.

Bakasquad5

Smash Apprentice
You know what I hate?

When art teachers preach about how art is so personal and uber passionate and how everyone should do their own thing and not give a crap about grades, yet, when the time comes, they ****ing push you to do whatever they prefer, and if you even so hesitate against their every command, they're just like "Oh...well I mean it is YOUR work..." *Tone in voice implying that they are not going to give you a good grade or approve of it*. SO ANNOYING AND HYPOCRITICAL. SO SO SO annoying, and cumbersome.
actually at capital community college the drawing professor for the class im in now doesn't work like that, thank god.. he actually lets u do what u want... it great to actually have that freedom.. but yah i no were ur coming from being an art major myself, it was the same way for me at eastern.

_milktea

Smash Lord
This isn't graphic design.

This is printmaking. And nice quote by Paul. And I think that only applies to graphic design. Everyone and their mother can draw a pot or shoe flawlessly, it's the people with the creativity to further this technical talent that move forward. Maybe it's different for design, but I would disagree otherwise in other fields, such as illustration.

Since people are actually responding, I'll specify.

I have to draw a still-life piece to be carved out of wood that includes space, line weight variation, all that fun jazz. Why does our teacher alienate us to still life though? It's not as if I used my own work, I wouldn't be able to practice and incorporate those elements into my piece also.

So WHAT THE ****. Why demand something so mundane from your students? Why not see what the hell we're capable of producing with our own ideas? Perhaps something conceptual, something design-oriented? Are you seriously limiting us to drawing/carving a ****ing still-life? SERIOUSLY?

I know he wants us to practice, but DANG, I would sure as hell put a LOT MORE EFFORT INTO HACKING AT THIS PIECE OF WOOD if I actually considered it significant!

edit10000//I think this youtube korean song is just fueling my anger LMFAOOO flipping GEEGEE but it's so CATCHYYYY

Bakasquad5

Smash Apprentice

Bakasquad5

Smash Apprentice

This is printmaking. And nice quote by Paul.

I have to draw a still-life piece to be carved out of wood that includes space, line weight variation, all that fun jazz. Why does our teacher alienate us to still life though? It's not as if I used my own work, I wouldn't be able to practice and incorporate those elements into my piece also.

So WHAT THE ****. Why demand something so mundane from your students? Why not see what the hell we're capable of producing with our own ideas? Perhaps something conceptual, something design-oriented? Are you seriously limiting us to drawing/carving a ****ing still-life? SERIOUSLY?
most art teachers / professors teach that way becuz they lack the intelligence to think outside the box, so they force everyone to do the same thing hence making it easier for them to see u improve and grade you, most artists, like yourself, i hate it too, don't liek this, however normal people wouldnt really no the difference, its a bull **** way to teach, if u ever get the chance take an art class with pedro valentin @ capital community college, its way different from the bull**** ur use too

inadvertant double post
broswer > mcfox

Papito

Smash Journeyman
teachers think they are always right just because they are teachers. they are people with different personalitys. they think since they are teachers that thier opinions are the facts. thats why i got kicked out of my last school, me and the teacher didnt get along. i had the highest grades in the class, but since he didnt like how i was he found a way to get rid of me.

_milktea

Smash Lord
Teachers are so unfairly biased towards each other. Maybe I just suck really badly at taking critiques, especially when I get critiqued 10x and have to continuously change my work. But man, I really wish I could be making more beautiful works out of this wood...and not like..a chair.

trademark0013

Smash Champion
Teachers are so unfairly biased towards each other. Maybe I just suck really badly at taking critiques, especially when I get critiqued 10x and have to continuously change my work. But man, I really wish I could be making more beautiful works out of this wood...and not like..a chair.
thats part of the process.

idk, speaking from a designers pov rather than an artists one might not help you out much. but like even in art class, teachers have you paint or draw certain things and so with more limits than others. but its your ability to be creative even with these limitations that makes you a tru artist. you cant just do the " make something from nothing/do what i want" thing all the time. sometimes you gotta do what you're told best you can and stil have it look amazing

Zombie Lucille Ball

Smash Master
LOLOL i thought it was all one person in different outfits v_v

also. feel good song
http://hypem.com/track/697005/Black...iend+How+To+Dance+With+You+(The+Twelves+Remix)
I saw black kids with Vampire Weekend and they were baaaaaaad live. I stood in line for a beer during like 3 songs and was ok with that.

This is printmaking. And nice quote by Paul. And I think that only applies to graphic design. Everyone and their mother can draw a pot or shoe flawlessly, it's the people with the creativity to further this technical talent that move forward. Maybe it's different for design, but I would disagree otherwise in other fields, such as illustration.

I know he wants us to practice, but DANG, I would sure as hell put a LOT MORE EFFORT INTO HACKING AT THIS PIECE OF WOOD if I actually considered it significant!

edit10000//I think this youtube korean song is just fueling my anger LMFAOOO flipping GEEGEE but it's so CATCHYYYY
Have you ever done any printmaking before? Is this like "intro to printmaking"? Because if so then it's perfectly acceptable to try and get the students to understand and somewhat master the form before letting them do whatever the hell they want with it. You have to learn to stand before you can run, etc. It's a common technique and although I'm not sure how far along you are in art school but I'd get used to it. (just like how in drawing 1 you start by drawing boxes and crap but the final is some crazy thing you come up with yourself?)
Also critique is so weird and hard in art classes. It's never going to be perfect as long as the profs are forced to assign a grade to personal expression (art)

Can anybody make gifs from youtube vids?

Prince Of Fire

Smash Lord
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=7112063&
Poffy for your statement about eminem, i'm never taking anything you say about music seriously again. you have no idea what the **** you are talking about most of the time, but this really takes the cake with me. I am actually very offended. I mean really, do you even listen to him? Obviously not and there is no aregument in the ****ing world that could back up what you just said.
I've probably been listening to Eminem since the 7th grade and can recall first hearing the song "My Name Is" I wasn't one of those dumb dorks that jumped the bandwagon when I saw The Real Slim Shady on TRL. I have four of his albums on my computer and I know his material. (Slim Shady LP, the EP, Encore, and The Eminem Show) Most of his early material is all based on image. That is all he ever gave a crap about, image. Everything he sang about on his Marshall Mathers EP was about how he hated everyone, didn't give a ****, wanted to kill Kim, or just bash society as a whole. That album wasn't even exactly "music." All it was was a way to project to society that hes "the badass white rapper who can't be stopped and he can do whatever he wants." The only really good songs on that album were Stan, ***** Please II, and Criminal. His latter material is much more polished because he realized that he does not need to swear and make a complete fool of himself and project himself as an ******* to make money and be well liked. If you compare the albums Encore and The Eminem Show to his earlier material you will see a HUGE difference in content and explicit lyrics. Did you see the live performance of him doing Stan with Elton John at the VMAS? I thought that it came out great and guess what? He did not need to swear every two seconds to produce good music. Do I know what I'm talking about? Yeah, I do.

I am much more impressed by-When The Music Stops, Till I collapse, Like Toy Soldiers, Puke, Mockingbird, and Stan

as opposed to-Kill You, PSA 2000, Amityville, Who Knew, Marshall Mathers, The Way I am, The Real Slim Shady, Steve Berman, and My Name is. That crap is garbage.

There is a huge difference between going through a struggle by *****ing and swearing about it all day long and going through a struggle and singing about it by making it hopeful and powerful (Lose Yourself, Sing For The Moment)

There is also a huge difference between producing rap and insulting people blantingly in your music just to be an ***. (Britney Spears, Fred Durst, Britney Spears, Tom Green, Christina Aguilera, Steve Berman, Jennifer Lopez, Kim, and plenty of others.) and creating music. Does Eminem make good songs? Yeah. Every artist has their own story and place in the world of music and I strongly believe that. He's definitely not one of my favorite rappers though.

I prefer

Wu Tang
Obie Trice
Jedi Mind Tricks
Immortal Technique
GZA
Young Buck
Sean Biggs

I don't know what I'm talking :laugh:

thumbswayup

Smash Master
jam wtf, u gave me the doctor, i do stomp pigeons though, thats fun.. i throw bibles at bums too becuz they need jesus. i lol'd though i can't lie, that was hilarious

noodles thanks for the smash bus site, ur awesome

Band of HAwkS AINT SHEEE_IT!!
We'll take on Four Swords any day :)

anyone looking foward to the transfmorers movie?

how about the Dragaon Ball (not z :-P) movie?
Transformers 2 looks promising, but then again it is Michael Bay. After the first one was so successful there's no motivation for him (or the writers) to try and make this movie actually good since it is automatically guaranteed a $100 million + opening weekend (probably $150). Coupled with the fact that he's been given more money means it'll probably be just another special effects extravaganza with no good or interesting story. My guess is it won't be nearly as funny as the first one and the characters will have no new interesting qualities.

In other words, aside from the special effects, it's going to suck hard.

Pakman

WWMD
BRoomer
I've probably been listening to Eminem since the 7th grade and can recall first hearing the song "My Name Is" I wasn't one of those dumb dorks that jumped the bandwagon when I saw The Real Slim Shady on TRL. I have four of his albums on my computer and I know his material. (Slim Shady LP, the EP, Encore, and The Eminem Show) Most of his early material is all based on image. That is all he ever gave a crap about, image. Everything he sang about on his Marshall Mathers EP was about how he hated everyone, didn't give a ****, wanted to kill Kim, or just bash society as a whole. That album wasn't even exactly "music." All it was was a way to project to society that hes "the badass white rapper who can't be stopped and he can do whatever he wants." The only really good songs on that album were Stan, ***** Please II, and Criminal. His latter material is much more polished because he realized that he does not need to swear and make a complete fool of himself and project himself as an ******* to make money and be well liked. If you compare the albums Encore and The Eminem Show to his earlier material you will see a HUGE difference in content and explicit lyrics. Did you see the live performance of him doing Stan with Elton John at the VMAS? I thought that it came out great and guess what? He did not need to swear every two seconds to produce good music. Do I know what I'm talking about? Yeah, I do.

I am much more impressed by-When The Music Stops, Till I collapse, Like Toy Soldiers, Puke, Mockingbird, and Stan

as opposed to-Kill You, PSA 2000, Amityville, Who Knew, Marshall Mathers, The Way I am, The Real Slim Shady, Steve Berman, and My Name is. That crap is garbage.

There is a huge difference between going through a struggle by *****ing and swearing about it all day long and going through a struggle and singing about it by making it hopeful and powerful (Lose Yourself, Sing For The Moment)

There is also a huge difference between producing rap and insulting people blantingly in your music just to be an ***. (Britney Spears, Fred Durst, Britney Spears, Tom Green, Christina Aguilera, Steve Berman, Jennifer Lopez, Kim, and plenty of others.) and creating music. Does Eminem make good songs? Yeah. Every artist has their own story and place in the world of music and I strongly believe that. He's definitely not one of my favorite rappers though.

I prefer

Wu Tang
Obie Trice
Jedi Mind Tricks
Immortal Technique
GZA
Young Buck
Sean Biggs

I don't know what I'm talking :laugh:
I don't know about you guys, but much of the music I listen to is about the sound more than actual lyrics. I like having something to sing along to, but I can only truly rock out to music with a good rhythm, beat and all that nonsense.

In my limited experience with Eminem, I found his actual music to be fairly catchy and very entertaining. The lyrics themselves weren't great, but the way the vocals and beat came together was very impressive. Maybe he wasn't the greatest song writer, but I think his musical ability was above average.

However, I am pretty sure most artists buy beats from other artists and mix them.

NOTE: Lyrics and vocals are two different things. Lyrics are the words. Vocals are the sound.
EX. The lyrics to GnR's cover of Knocking on Heaven's Door is "Knock Knock Knocking on heaven's door." Axel Rose has a way of singing that to make the word "door" have multiple syllables. "Door" is the lyric" "Dououor" is the vocal.

Note 2: I am not a big fan of GnR but it is a great example of the point I was trying to make.

Top Bottom