• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Connecticut Player Finder: We're better than you <3

Desh

Smash Ace
@mogwai
im pretty sure the specifics have been out in the open for a while now, and if they arent then people could ask haha, but yeah

idk anything about how much anything is costing the sponsors, i just know there are sponsors, and that they're gonna be paying for our shelteerzzzz

Desh

Smash Ace
this probably wont be a double post even though i was the last poster,

@ pakman, there wasnt supposed to be a comma after aware LOL,
plus i fail at english ^_^

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
**** guys, too good. 1st one to double post with over 2 sentences of text and isn't the same text gets a *pound*. No copy paste. Be honest guys.

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
Holy ****. This is going to be crazy. ****. ****ING 30 SECONDS AHHHHH!

Zombie Lucille Ball

Smash Master
it depends a lot on the time of year. during july tickets arent going to be as cheap as 400 to cali lol :p
You can buy plane tickets from Boston to San Francisco for that weekend RIGHT NOW for less than $400 on www.sidestep.com
>_>

plus, you dont have to sleep in the bus, you have the hotels, you get to shower, and unless ya'll dont believe in deodarant, 10 hours really shouldnt be that bad, i've done longer car trips. just dont be an *** hole and smell doesnt get bad.
I'm sorry but have you never been to a smash tournament? I almost never stay 10 hours at a tourney and the venues (bigger than a bus) mostly reek by the time I leave. Better hope someone brings some febreeze or something.

noodles

Smash Champion
i can drill shine people back and forth last time i played (training mode registers it as combo). and by people i mean marth and peach. cuz iunno i find them the easiest

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
**** it Jon. Out of freaking nowhere. I wanted that! 30 Seconds rule is gay.

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
**** Noodles, that's crazy. Better than my tech skill when do you get out of school Thursday/Friday?

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
Could I come over Thursday around 3ish or so? That would be amazing.

*pounds self* and McFox's browser is clearly not as amazing as mine.

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
Power Ranking, post of importance

Okay, so I just got a call back from Mike for the round robin... however I didn't pick up the phone. I tried calling him back and he didn't pick up, him and I just cannot phone eachother lol.

So, to be clear possibilities of people are:
1 Chewman
2 Dorf
3 Aiser
4 DD
5 DD's bro
6 me
7 Jam
8 JV
9 Rich
10 Zoraida

Anyone else for possibly making it? Only the people going to the round robin aren't going to be the only ones for the Power Ranking, right? Because I think that's a bit insane to have a new Power Ranking every month.

This one I am sincerely sorry for making an additional post. It was an accident.

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
Connecticut owned me. :( New PR would be sexy... except noone really cares about it.

noodles

Smash Champion
Thursday i get back home at like 4 but we cant play for too long. friday i get out at 12 and im free for the rest of the day

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
spawn, you got read like a bedtime story.

played you like a gameboy.

pockyD

Smash Legend
it depends a lot on the time of year. during july tickets arent going to be as cheap as 400 to cali lol :p
yes, they are

Lol, we're talking about the travelling, you cant add the time from the venue in there.
if they're not comparable, then why did you compare them :dizzy:

to me it doesnt matter, except smashbus is cheaper, and road trip with friends + smash + hotels = win. i took a plane down to ct at the beginning of the year. most boring thing ever.
it's not cheaper

maybe the flight was boring, but the 4 days before and after your flight were probably pretty **** good... and if they weren't, that's on you -_-

plus, you dont have to sleep in the bus, you have the hotels, you get to shower, and unless ya'll dont believe in deodarant, 10 hours really shouldnt be that bad, i've done longer car trips. just dont be an *** hole and smell doesnt get bad.
hard to believe that a bus full of smashers won't smell bad.

you think the general population of smashers has good cleanliness habits? have you ever been to a large smash tournament? :(

and i've done longer too; it's not "that" bad, but this is 3x longer than my own longest trip

also, as for the toilet, seriously. who goes #2 on a bus. thats just dirty.
maybe you think so (and I think so too), but i can guarantee that not only are there people that disagree, but in the heat of the moment and it came down to it, people would compromise their principles to not crap their pants

how the hell am i suppose to know hahaha, i just know that that is whats happening =]
it's what they WANT to happen, not what IS happening

bawls is one of the sponsors that im aware, of, its not so much secrecy as much as you speaking without knowing :dizzy:
KevinM said:
Hey all KevinM here, I'm currently in charge of the sponsorships as well as lodging for all of you brave enough to accompany me in the Smash Bus.

A breakdown of what I'm trying to accomplish

Sponsorships from:
Bawls
MLG
Holiday Inn
Monster
Nintendo (REALLY big stretch)
Game Universe (Maybe, I have to talk to Matt)
And more

I've met with the holiday inn representatives at Lincoln and they seemed extremely interested in the idea, I'm going to meet with them again talk to them about how this bus garners possible media attention as well as a host of other respectable sponsors.

Any Ideas and or help, post here.
NikoK said:
I have just received an E-Mail from Bawls and were are most definitely getting a ton of free drinks and a ton of free swag as well. I'm currently in the works of discussing a possible financial aid from Bawls at the moment as well.

If anyone has any potential sponsors that they feel we should approach, don't be shy to post in this thread.
trust me, I'm as aware as anyone not directly involved in the process

free drinks isn't really relevant

Desh

Smash Ace
@ pocky, last i talked to niko im pretty sure he said they had bawls down. idk. lol,

i love how we go through like 5 pages in 30 minutes lol XD

noodles

Smash Champion
D: i really could do it though >.> i mess up the backwords waveshine sometimes but thats it

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Yeah, I'm being incredibly secretive by having a post on the sponsors and various goals on the forum dedicated to the tournament.

Le sigh

pockyD

Smash Legend
Yeah, I'm being incredibly secretive by having a post on the sponsors and various goals on the forum dedicated to the tournament.

Le sigh
i already quoted your post, so i'm obviously aware of it

though with the rapid spam in this thread it's forgiven

on the other hand, what i want to know is if you actually have any 'confirmed' hotel sponsors

Top Bottom