• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Connecticut Player Finder: We're better than you <3

EC_Joey

Smash Lord
I've come to hate charter buses. The toilet in the back always becomes a problem, the giant windows can't be opened, ventilation is horrible, the seats are uncomfortable.

It's like an airplane, except instead of being on it for 3 hours at the most you're on it for... God forbid, 2 weeks.

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
Wait, we're stopping at hotels and you don't have to pay for the hotels you stop at? That's amazing!!!!!

Desh

Smash Ace
yeah, did you guys not read anything about it or something, and just assume you'd have to shower by pissing on eachother? :chuckle:

as far as i know, the hotel stops are fully paid for by the sponsors that niko told me about.
so you're only on the bus for 40 hours, 10 hours at a time, with shower breaks and hotel time.

and you're only paying for the amount of the bus wich is somewhere like 350-370 or somethin.

silly americans :chuckle: <3

edit: freaking number 2 rules in effect, if you gotta **** open a window or wait till the bus stops.

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
If you edit right away it doesn't even say that you edited. >_> /win

I just added this now

and this

and this

I'm telling you, you don't even have to edit quick, you can just edit within that day, lol.

Actually just try it for yourself, because this shows no proof. >_>

pockyD

Smash Legend
Wrong sir, $500/600 for plane 370 for smash bus.
i've seen 400 and under tickets for coast to coast

plane ticket prices fluctuate VERY wildly; you just have to constantly check on them, and maybe get lucky =\

Really, spending 10 hours on a bus for 4 days isnt much worse than staying in a venue for 2 whole straight days, especially considering you can shower when you get to the hotels.
it is more than twice as bad

now add that on top of your 10 hours for 4 days, you have staying in a venue for 3 straight days immediately after, then after that, 4 more days of the bus

discomfort grows exponentially

edit: i'm still curious as to why anyone would sponsor you with hotels

serious question that i've asked multiple times, and never gotten a real answer for

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
Not even, the post I did before this I changed it 5 times in a total of 3 minutes.

Pocky, if you see one from CT to CA for like $400 lemme know, lol.

Ryan-K

Smash Master
lol i actually refreshed the page and spawn's post changed from "and this and this" to the last part

but yeah editing quick = no message

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
superryan and pockyD. <3

****, Cog, I wouldn't have to take work off or anything. There's limited spots for smashbus anyways, thanks Cog. I might still go on the smashbus. XD Aren't a lot of top level players going? Really good Canadians, etc?

noodles

Smash Champion
ill print screen a bunch of times and check it

edit 1

edit 2

edit 3

edit 4

edit 5

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
If you edit right away it doesn't even say that you edited. >_> /win

I just added this now

and this

and this

I'm telling you, you don't even have to edit quick, you can just edit within that day, lol.

Actually just try it for yourself, because this shows no proof. >_>
lol, I knew about it, but I still think you're a jerkass who should be banned for spamming the CT thread :mad:

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Pocky, the reason why these sponsors entertain the idea, is media coverage, yes this bus can garner media coverage. It also is setting multiple records which helps for media coverage as well as a selling point.

I'm not like 15 and just wistfully dreaming for something to happen.

and @ Cog I know thats why your here and I still <3 you for it most of the time :p

Edit: Is it possible to technically "spam" the CT Thread

noodles

Smash Champion
my post it self says it was 3 minutes >.> the post was at 2:15 and the edit is 2:18

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
Says the man who SC spams all day occasionally, lol.

Also, I occasionally go on rampages for spamming. Like, during school break I hardly posted for 3-4 weeks. I also hardly posted over the summer.

Occasional spamming sprees ftw, haha.

Edit:
I think I was on that border line of 3 minutes when I did that. Probably. So, you can edit up to 3 mins without it showing then?

This doesn't work if you go to user cp then back to ct threads.. or at least not for 2 minutes.

pockyD

Smash Legend
Pocky, the reason why these sponsors entertain the idea, is media coverage, yes this bus can garner media coverage. It also is setting multiple records which helps for media coverage as well as a selling point.

I'm not like 15 and just wistfully dreaming for something to happen.

and @ Cog I know thats why your here and I still <3 you for it most of the time :p

Edit: Is it possible to technically "spam" the CT Thread
*insert some joke about the types of records it will be setting*

so who's sponsoring it?

I assume if they're "sponsoring" you, they're doing it to get their name out there, so all this secrecy is counterproductive, no?

noodles

Smash Champion
i thought it was 1 minute and you said 3 so i was just checking. according to my computer it was actually 1 minute. which i could show you in the prnt screens i saved though

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
According to my computer clock it said 3 minutes. Weird.

Desh

Smash Ace
i've seen 400 and under tickets for coast to coast

plane ticket prices fluctuate VERY wildly; you just have to constantly check on them, and maybe get lucky =\
it depends a lot on the time of year. during july tickets arent going to be as cheap as 400 to cali lol :p

it is more than twice as bad

now add that on top of your 10 hours for 4 days, you have staying in a venue for 3 straight days immediately after, then after that, 4 more days of the bus

discomfort grows exponentially
Lol, we're talking about the travelling, you cant add the time from the venue in there.
to me it doesnt matter, except smashbus is cheaper, and road trip with friends + smash + hotels = win. i took a plane down to ct at the beginning of the year. most boring thing ever.

plus, you dont have to sleep in the bus, you have the hotels, you get to shower, and unless ya'll dont believe in deodarant, 10 hours really shouldnt be that bad, i've done longer car trips. just dont be an *** hole and smell doesnt get bad.

also, as for the toilet, seriously. who goes #2 on a bus. thats just dirty.

edit: i'm still curious as to why anyone would sponsor you with hotels

serious question that i've asked multiple times, and never gotten a real answer for
how the hell am i suppose to know hahaha, i just know that that is whats happening =]

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I find it more fun to experiment with different ways of making fun of McFox's browser than to just type "Browser > McFox's" all the time. also, wtf, that wasn't even close to a double post, you had like 4 minutes between posts, how could you not see that there would be 4 posts in between them by then :bee:

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
ROFL @ Variola. People are staring at me at the school library haha.

Browser>Mcfox's

Unless someone has posted.

Desh

Smash Ace
*insert some joke about the types of records it will be setting*

so who's sponsoring it?

I assume if they're "sponsoring" you, they're doing it to get their name out there, so all this secrecy is counterproductive, no?
bawls is one of the sponsors that im aware, of, its not so much secrecy as much as you speaking without knowing :dizzy:

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
Ahh good point Mogwai, but you have not used the oops I dp'd by accident excuse yet.

I'm also a lazy movafackra.

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
Omg, CT thread is moving at an amazing pace. I love this ****. Let's keep it going... until 3:30 where I have class.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
bawls is one of the sponsors that im aware, of, its not so much secrecy as much as you speaking without knowing :dizzy:
well, Pocky's point is that if someone knows specifics, why aren't they out in the open? and if no one knows specifics, how do you know that this will still be at all economically viable? (adding 8 nights of hotels is kinda a big deal for how much it'll cost :p).

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
Desh, I just posted it like, <1 full page ago, way to be a scrub.

6. Do not Double or Triple Post This is self-explanatory, but do not double, triple, quadruple, etc. post. The exception is in the Creative Minds forum or if you do it by accident, but only when you are posting poems/stories/etc. If you need to add something, simply use the edit button. Please note that there is one exception to this rule, which is if you want to double post to tease McFox for having a lamer internet browser than you.

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
Yeah, I've never had difficulty double posting, this is crazy. Noodles, how's your fox coming along?

Top Bottom