• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Connecticut Player Finder: We're better than you <3

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
I've been foiled. Dazwa got me for triple post lol.

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
3+ posting is the same amount of points for an infraction. I is good at reading teh rulez

* Double Posting Unnecesarily - 1 point, 1 week length
* Triple posting unncesarily - 2 points, 1 week length
* Quadruple or more posting unnecesarily - 2 points, 2 weeks length

Hmm, too bad I can't say that my posts were necessary.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
lol, **** YOU GUYS.

btw, minibosses aren't really led, we're all bros.

EDIT:

RE: Smashbus

It could happen, it's just gonna be a big *** endeavor that requires a lot of planning and ultimately will eat up about 2 weeks for everyone who wants to ride it.

It's a cool idea except for that whole reality thing, but I dunno, sometimes **** goes unexpectedly well, so if you guys are gonna do it, more power to you, just don't say you weren't warned if it ends up being too difficult or not as fun as you'd hope.

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
MD/VA is too busy Brawling to be a threat. I hesitated to make you guys the Borg, but that picture for the MiniBosses was just too good.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
@Mogwai, I think you underestimate the amount of work that has already been put into planning this trip.

People that are involved or know anything about the smash bus will have known that me and Niko have put in a crap ton of work into making this possible, I've met with corporate sponsors as well as worked with numerous others, Niko has met with multiple companies that run charter and settled on one he could get for cheapest through his friend.

So I'm sorry for getting slightly offended at Cog but this isn't just some Ohana where we announce it and then do nothing for it. And for him to say that with the amount of work I've put in is disconcerting.

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
:( @ Thumbs & KevinM

Good thing you came to my amazing tourny though. Got to witness the beast that is me... even though Boss can probably eat 4x as much as me.

KevinM, are there really going to be tvs on this bus and a tournament and all that amazing jazz. Anyone that goes on the smashbus is going to get like 20x better. Think about it, playing amazing people for 4 days straight, a 3 day tourny, then another 4 days straight of melee. If I get a spot, I'm going to pwn Cort, lol. I'm definitely willing to trade all vaca/sick days/whatever to just have 2 weeks of amazingness.

Zombie Lucille Ball

Smash Master
If only you knew, but hey lets just spit ignorant **** you have no idea about,

mirite?
That's why I'm here XD

RE: Smashbus

It could happen, it's just gonna be a big *** endeavor that requires a lot of planning and ultimately will eat up about 2 weeks for everyone who wants to ride it.

It's a cool idea except for that whole reality thing, but I dunno, sometimes **** goes unexpectedly well, so if you guys are gonna do it, more power to you, just don't say you weren't warned if it ends up being too difficult or not as fun as you'd hope.
this

@Mogwai, I think you underestimate the amount of work that has already been put into planning this trip.

People that are involved or know anything about the smash bus will have known that me and Niko have put in a crap ton of work into making this possible, I've met with corporate sponsors as well as worked with numerous others, Niko has met with multiple companies that run charter and settled on one he could get for cheapest through his friend.

So I'm sorry for getting slightly offended at Cog but this isn't just some Ohana where we announce it and then do nothing for it. And for him to say that with the amount of work I've put in is disconcerting.
I honestly meant no offense/disrespect. I probably shouldn't have compared it to Ohana seeing as nothing I can think of atm compares to that.
I've seen a few posts about the bus and checked the norcal site but the only solid info I've seen was the tentative route and the tentative cost. If/when it happens I wish you guys all the best luck, truly.
Personally I think it's a really bad idea so that's probably tainting my opinion of it.

edit: is there only going to be one driver? does that mean you the bus will stop at night?

Aesir

Smash Master
3+ posting is the same amount of points for an infraction. I is good at reading teh rulez

* Double Posting Unnecesarily - 1 point, 1 week length
* Triple posting unncesarily - 2 points, 1 week length
* Quadruple or more posting unnecesarily - 2 points, 2 weeks length

Hmm, too bad I can't say that my posts were necessary.

But your browser is > mcfoxes

>_> it's in the rules.

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
The rules state for DOUBLE posts. Not triple. :-/ Daz caught me with my pants around my ankles.

thumbswayup

Smash Master
lol Spawn you demolished those pancakes. Boss can probably eat a lot more than 4 times what you can though lol One time after a big tourny, a bunch of us went to a diner at 2 am. There were about12 of us and, in addition to his own meal that he ordered, Boss ate the leftovers of every single person. Some of us had half our meals left when we were done. And he was still hungry when he was done. It was scary.

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
O_O WTF BOSS!

6. Do not Double or Triple Post This is self-explanatory, but do not double, triple, quadruple, etc. post. The exception is in the Creative Minds forum or if you do it by accident, but only when you are posting poems/stories/etc. If you need to add something, simply use the edit button. Please note that there is one exception to this rule, which is if you want to double post to tease McFox for having a lamer internet browser than you.

Holy crap I found a loophole. If you notice, It says Do not Double or Triple post, then goes on with blah blah blah. That means that the initial rule is "Do not Double or Triple post" right? The exception to that rule is that you can tease McFox for having a worse internet browser than you. I'm taking this to forum disputes!

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
Personally I think it's a really bad idea so that's probably tainting my opinion of it.
yea, this is sorta where I'm at too, though if I had nothing exciting lined up for the summer and were still at school, I would probably have been into the idea too. It's just that when you have 3 weeks vacation, taking 2 of them at a time for a smash tourney looks a lot less desirable :ohwell:

edit: is there only going to be one driver? does that mean you the bus will stop at night?
there's some law about bus drivers can only drive for 10 hours/day. You'd need 3 to go non-stop, and 2 to get there in < 4 days of traveling with hotels all along the way.

EDIT: Spawn, you went against the spirit of the law, don't question the semantics -_-.

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
Also, you don't have to tease McFox's browser. I can't wait to play some melee.

Zombie Lucille Ball

Smash Master
yea, this is sorta where I'm at too, though if I had nothing exciting lined up for the summer and were still at school, I would probably have been into the idea too. It's just that when you have 3 weeks vacation, taking 2 of them at a time for a smash tourney looks a lot less desirable :ohwell:

there's some law about bus drivers can only drive for 10 hours/day. You'd need 3 to go non-stop, and 2 to get there in < 4 days of traveling with hotels all along the way.

EDIT: Spawn, you went against the spirit of the law, don't question the semantics -_-.
I only get 2 weeks of vaca per year. I have 3 days left until August. T_T

The thing about stopping at hotels is um then you have to put up 50 smashers in a hotel lol

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
That's probably the only reason I wouldn't go on the smashbus, lol.

pockyD

Smash Legend
just host a 3-day smashfest where you're not stuck on a bus, and on the last day make the 30 minute drive to the airport and have no regrets

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
Wrong sir, $500/600 for plane 370 for smash bus.

Desh

Smash Ace
Smashbus has a bunch of corporate sponsors like bawls :chuckles:
and bus drivers can only drive for 10 hours at a time legally, so we'd be stopping in hotels when the driver has to stop
(hotels paid for by the sponsors, so yes, you wouldnt have to pay for them)
Really, spending 10 hours on a bus for 4 days isnt much worse than staying in a venue for 2 whole straight days, especially considering you can shower when you get to the hotels.

smell shouldnt be a problem. :chuckle:

Top Bottom