• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Connecticut Player Finder: We're better than you <3

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
I do expect more from Jay-Z, he's not just "some rapper" anymore. Exposure comes with responsibility, and he did blatantly disregard his responsibility in that rant.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Dear CT

Im sorry for saying stupid things. A lot has been going on lately for me and I know that is pretty much no excuse for being such a tool. I find that playing smash is my only means of getting away and it serves as my only form of release. I know that early on when I first joined the community pretty much every one of my posts was god awful and I look back and realize that now. I also do realize that some of my current ones are pretty ******** or over the top as well.

I just recently had a family crisis and i've been different as of late. I'll put it this way to make it short-My brother is 26 and living at home. So what I'm trying to say is that sometimes when I'm with you guys or i'm online I say stupid **** and I'm sorry that I am this way on a regular basis. I mean well and I'm sure trademark, noodles, spawn, silas, brookman, SEXY, and aesir can see and understand that the most because I play with them the most and know them all pretty well. I've just been having a tough time lately and when I'm with you all I'm really happy and just get carried away with excitement (I'm sure DARC knows what im talking about. LOL) because I do not have to face the world that I dread so much each and everyday. I used to love being different from people...being away from them. Now, I can't stand it.

I love you guys,

POF

(Oh yeah, and that includes thumbs, cogsmooch, zoso, kevinm, dazwa, darc, skler, etc)
I know this is really late but I can't let this slip by:

I MADE THE LIST

trademark0013

Smash Champion
While I do agree about Jay-Z being more than "just a rapper" that segment seemed to me nothin more than the anti-rap debate from the early-mid 90s all over again. Plus its hilarious how fox and other news stations were all over the "black president" debate before just as vehemently as these rappers are now and all of a sudden its a bad thing

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
I'm not saying that O'Reily was right. We all know that O'Reily is a nutcase and a jerk, that should go without saying. I don't expect better from him. I do expect better from Jay-Z.

And besides, just because O'Reily didn't jump down Kramer's throat doesn't somehow justify the poor taste and judgment that Jay-Z demonstrated. Whether he likes it or not, he's a representative of black people in mainstream culture. That comes with responsibility.

Pakman

WWMD
BRoomer
i'm Not Saying That O'reily Was Right. We All Know That O'reily Is A Nutcase And A Jerk, That Should Go Without Saying. I Don't Expect Better From Him. I Do Expect Better From Jay-z.

And Besides, Just Because O'reily Didn't Jump Down Kramer's Throat Doesn't Somehow Justify The Poor Taste And Judgment That Jay-z Demonstrated. Whether He Likes It Or Not, He's A Representative Of Black People In Mainstream Culture. That Comes With Responsibility.
WE'LL DO IT LIVE!

10caps

Zombie Lucille Ball

Smash Master
Wow
"We can't give the laz e boys to the prisoners, give them ice tea and windchimes... " and then he says BO "oversimplified" wtf DIAF OReilly

edit: Papa Bear OReilly def plays a part, Aesir, but I wouldn't be surprised if his actual views were a lot more radical than his on air ones.

Khaly

Smash Cadet
I was actually listening to my teacher tell stories about some prisons.

Some have it great - cable TV, full library and rec center with great meals.

Some have it really bad - no privileges, and prison guards that don't give a **** you're getting butt *****.

Budai578

Smash Apprentice
@ Trademark: Jarhead was a good movie; saw it it theaters.

@ PoF: I'm with Trademark for Saturday... if there're very few people I dunno if I'm gonna wanna bother with tournaments. We could just do like draft/hat crews or something like that and play some friendlies and stuff. Or just do a free/cheap tournament.

Either way I'm gonna go and hang out.

lolol just started watching Gimpy's video... I'm in it toward the beginning getting owned by Roman's Doc at Spawn's. Either that or it's a crazy coincidence.

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
I'm actually going to get back into Brawl. I need to borrow a copy from a friend or something.

Prince Of Fire

Smash Lord
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=7112063&
@ PoF: I'm with Trademark for Saturday... if there're very few people I dunno if I'm gonna wanna bother with tournaments. We could just do like draft/hat crews or something like that and play some friendlies and stuff. Or just do a free/cheap tournament.
We'll see what happens and who is there around 1:00. We'll work something out.

Trademark-You need to pay the venue fee because this is where I work. Don't make me look bad. It's only five dollars....it's not a lot of money. No Johns.

i wanna play m2ks marth as fox on fd
I want to beat M2k but you don't see that happening.....

I'm actually going to get back into Brawl. I need to borrow a copy from a friend or something.
I thought I was your friend? :ohwell:

LOL

Top Bottom