• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Connecticut Player Finder: We're better than you <3

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
I found the ping-pong table at Trinity today. I am officially going to fail this semester now.

Budai578

Smash Apprentice
Mogwai if you're going to PoF's on Saturday we should team for doubles and be team AiAi!

Also, I should be able to come over tonight Eric, but it might not be until 9ish again.

thumbswayup

Smash Master
You have it wrong, once you get the good rubber paddles that put spin on the ball THEN the game becomes mad fun. Trust me, it just takes getting used to. I used to be satisfied with my ****ty rubber paddle playing against people with the same or wooden paddles. Then I joined the table tennis club at UMD and every person there had a $100+ paddle so I bought a $35 recommended to me by one of their best guys and it *****. It's shocking how good of a paddle you can get for that price. Obviously not as good as the $150 or so ones, but it'll help you learn the basics of how to apply and read spin on the ball.

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
You have it wrong, once you get the good rubber paddles that put spin on the ball THEN the game becomes mad fun. Trust me, it just takes getting used to. I used to be satisfied with my ****ty rubber paddle playing against people with the same or wooden paddles. Then I joined the table tennis club at UMD and every person there had a $100+ paddle so I bought a $35 recommended to me by one of their best guys and it *****. It's shocking how good of a paddle you can get for that price. Obviously not as good as the $150 or so ones, but it'll help you learn the basics of how to apply and read spin on the ball.
Yeah, I had a really good paddle when I went to school at VCU. My friends bought it for me for my birthday. I broke it in my rage though, threw it one too many times.

I only played twice today, and I lost 11-6 both times. Not bad for not having played in almost three years, though.

trademark0013

Smash Champion
best story ever (short version):

my sister called me randomly sayin they were havin a brawl tourney at her school.
i told her to pick metaknight, spam b, and jus play the game (note she never played smash like at all ever in her life)
she called me back and said she won

gg's brawl

Pakman

WWMD
BRoomer

my sister called me randomly sayin they were havin a brawl tourney at her school.
i told her to pick metaknight, spam b, and jus play the game (note she never played smash like at all ever in her life)

gg's brawl
Brawl is good </Lie>

thumbswayup

Smash Master
Yeah, I had a really good paddle when I went to school at VCU. My friends bought it for me for my birthday. I broke it in my rage though, threw it one too many times.

I only played twice today, and I lost 11-6 both times. Not bad for not having played in almost three years, though.
lol yeah it's been about that long for me too. I used to be crazy good because all the people I played everyday were leagues ahead of me so I improved at a ridiculous rate. I imagine I suck now, but I need to seriously make some time to play again.

Btw the paddle I have is a Double Happiness one and cost $35, which you can order online. In fact, they have a plethora of different paddles to fit your style at every price level. I don't remember the website because I last visited it three years ago lol

gg's brawl
That's the saddest thing I've ever read.

Khaly

Smash Cadet
Did I say beer pong? I meant ping pong.

Well, I'm pretty awesome at beer pong too.

Does anyone else believe that you can't play beer pong without beer?

I always hear kids playing beer pong with kool aid and vodka. It might be fun, but that's not beer pong!

I just want to be like STFU NOOB :mad:

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
Did I say beer pong? I meant ping pong.

Well, I'm pretty awesome at beer pong too.

Does anyone else believe that you can't play beer pong without beer?

I always hear kids playing beer pong with kool aid and vodka. It might be fun, but that's not beer pong!

I just want to be like STFU NOOB :mad:
it's not beer pong unless you are playing it with sufficiently ****ty beer.

also, looking back at my last post, i didn't do anything to censor bypass and it didn't censor the *** in asston...

Prince Of Fire

Smash Lord
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=7112063&
I want to go to PoFs thinger but I don't think I can get there till 3:30 so meh. >_>

My girlfriend is leaving tomorrow for over four months. ;(
Just come anyway, play, hangout, eat and do something to occupy yourself and get your mind off the gal.

Edit-my sig is top tier.

I actually think that for the price, Keystone is amazing because ummm well all beer gets you to the same destination. ha

I love Blue Moon, Guiness, and Corona with lime though. Those are my beers. I prefer wine and champagne though actually.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
if CT hasn't seen Gran Torino or Frost Nixon, they should download them.

I'm going to watch Slumdog Millionaire when I wake up. :)

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
slumdog was purty gud

lol trade, your sister is pretty good at that b spamming game.

Pakman

WWMD
BRoomer
it's not beer pong unless you are playing it with sufficiently ****ty beer.

also, looking back at my last post, i didn't do anything to censor bypass and it didn't censor the *** in asston...
If you think about it. Assassinate, Brass, Glass, Grass etc. all contain that particular series of letters. It would suck to have those words censored.

Also, there was a period where the Philadelphia smash scene was more like the Philadelphia beer pong circuit. No Joke they had tournaments.

Pakman

WWMD
BRoomer
There is also no Scar, no Eggm, no Cactuar and a bunch of others.

I don't blame Gimpy though. He asked for people to provide footage. I don't think he went digging for any specific people outside of the old MLG videos.

Pakman

WWMD
BRoomer
I was tempted to say "WC bias" but I'm too lazy to care. Cool vid, though.
There most certainly is a West Coast bias. But like I said it is because the West Coast people submitted more footage.

I imagine if a respected EC smasher tried to do something similar we would see a lot of EC stuff.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
I called it was going to west coast bias from the trailer.

*shakes head* Rofl at no good East Coast players even though Cali has like what Mango and SS?

Top Bottom