• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Connecticut Player Finder: We're better than you <3

The Dragon

Smash Journeyman
*pound*
I think Virtual On has the same caliber graphics (LOL Sega Saturn) and at least they had like outdoor levels with trees and ****.
Fanboys are just splooging themselves because it has FF characters in it.

Anyways I should probably stop talking because I actually don't know anything about Disidia except for the occasional youtube vid.
i don't think your that far off from what i've seen as well, i definitely agree about the fan boy thing being one myself i understand the awesomeness that is a ff fighting game however being a vg programmer in the making, seeing that game makes me cringe, i don't think its gonna be too good of a game, but i can't say much about it other than my assumptions seeing as how i haven't actually played it yet and everyone knows what assuming does.

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
Hey, Chris, are people allowed to go over your house to play smash with you/fluxwolf?

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
Yeah, good **** Thumbs for going to my tournament. I demand friendlies from you etc.

Pc, you should definitely go to my tournament.

thumbswayup

Smash Master

noodles

Smash Champion
its kinda cool that the melee backroom can be seen by everyone. also, are there forum awards this year?

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
Holy **** @ the KDJ vid.

3:21 to 3:26 was ****ing amazing.

Edit: Holy ****ing ****, that whole video was amazing. Was West Coast jobbing to him or summat?

Smooth Criminal

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
i don't think your that far off from what i've seen as well, i definitely agree about the fan boy thing being one myself i understand the awesomeness that is a ff fighting game however being a vg programmer in the making, seeing that game makes me cringe, i don't think its gonna be too good of a game, but i can't say much about it other than my assumptions seeing as how i haven't actually played it yet and everyone knows what assuming does.
*Has the game*

I'm not even an FF Fanboy...the most FF thing I've ever completed was Kingdom Hearts I & II[And CoM], and the Advent Children Movie.

As a Indy VG Programmer/Designer, I love this game.

The character building aspect is just how it would be in any other final fantasy game- items, skills, equipment, levels up, summons, etc, and they all serve a use for each of their character's game play.

The story mode probably has a good storyline, I just don't understand Japanese. I like how the story "board" works, its like Super Final Fantasy Chess...except its you against everyone else, and the other little optional bonus elements that are worked into how efficiently you rule the board provide for a depth of strategy to get rare items or to completely forgo strategy and blast away all the enemies and get lots of exp and such.

The characters are "balanced", but I use that term loosely, which I'll explain later. Each one of them has their own set of unique moves, which is pretty impressive since Final Fantasy tends to reuse a lot of moves throughout their games, but each one appears unique when used. All characters have their drawbacks, and all characters have their strong points
Example:

Sephiroth-
+Super long range, lots of hits per attack, pretty fast.
-Lag times if moves miss is kinda huge, moves are easy to see coming, magic/long range attacks are on the slow side.

Squall-
+Strong moveset, easy combos and can hit behind him during attacks. Relatively easy to perfect EXMove.
-Lots of start up lag, suffers against long-range users, a little too easy to read.

ExDeath-
+Can teleport around, has the strongest defensive powers in the game, can alter gravity and easily sap all of the opponent's brave. Attacks have a decent amount of range.
-Slowest character in the game. Teleport has lots of lag, and has a hard time chasing down EX Items.

The only flaw I find with the game is the "endgame". The max HP is 9999. The max Brave is 9999. Brave = How much damage you do with an HP attack. >_> See the issue? There is also this one summon, which I believe is Odin[Guy on a horse? Looks kinda spooky to me.], who, when summoned, instantly breaks the opponent.

[Breaking is reducing the opponent's brave to 0 and adding it plus the brave pool(The sum of both player's initial brave stat) to the breaker]

Now, this means that the player who was "broken" has to play defensive until the effect of being broken subsides, and at that point its basically a one-hit-win for the other player- if he can land one, which, thankfully, as long as they both know how to dodge decently, shouldn't happen unless some good strategy is put forth.

So yea, the characters are balanced pretty well- they can all one-hit-kill each other once they max out on everything with their items and skills and such.

Now, I realize I'm taking it to an extreme, since to train my characters I would fight the highest level ExDeath I could find[Usually my level +60] and abuse their terrible AI(all they really do is teleport around and attack every now and again), and I could still wear them down and dodge their attacks.

But yea- Dissidia is a good game at least. I feel it is a great game, but it really is at least a good game. Each character has its own playstyle which can be further customized through items/accessories/skills/etc., each stage is different and offers different advantages to different characters based on the terrain and size. The graphics look great to me, and it all flows nicely and loads quickly, and its difficulty level can appease every level of gamer.

And as Sandra said just a few minutes ago [after wrangling the PSP away from the deathgrip she had it in all weekend], "I really did think the game would be epic fail, but then I started playing it and it was really ...epic win. I couldn't put it down, it was just way too much fun."

So yea. That was much longer than I thought it would be.
LOL.
-DD

_milktea

Smash Lord
was just informed my super old school friends are going to spawn's tourney, so i may goooo. freakin awesome. vernon is hella close to my house too so i may not even need housing.

hope i can get both days off.

we should smash sometime so i can stop sucking

Prince Of Fire

Smash Lord
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=7112063&
I demand friendlies from

SPAWN <3 <3 <3 (Duh, its his ****ing tournament...I think I'm helping him run it as well.)

Thumbswayup

Milktea

Dark Rain

Darc

Pakman

Scar

I havent played any of those people EVER and I played Darc for like 5 seconds in 1 on 1's and he ***** me on BF in a crew battle lol (Aside from Lil, who four stocked me and two stocked me last time. I've gotten a lot better since last time! I Swear!)

Everyone else, I don't care about you.:laugh:

On a side note-I just got done looking at AT LEAST 50 matches of Melee and my project is kicking off to a beautiful start. It should turn out to be a GREAT video. :)

P.c. Chris

Smash Lord
fine POF no friendlies for us ! nah I'm probably not going though I'm a lazy fat fizuck now. I get to see the legendary mofo tomorrow :D and his even more legendary brother.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
-_- Personal things have arisen, and they seem to be getting in the way of Spawn's tournament.
Whoopie.
-DD

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
Just peachy. My Right DPad button on my PSP is stuck or something now.
I'm too tired to blame someone right now.
I'll see if I can fix it when I wake up.
Gnite CT.
-DD

Top Bottom