• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Connecticut Player Finder: We're better than you <3

Nygma

Smash Cadet
Oh water sucks it really sucks oh yes water sucks it really really sucks.

Badddddddddd movie lol
I suppose you think Billy Madison and Tommy Boy are bad movies too?

You and Cog need to realize that not everything is going to a breakthrough in film and be some incredible piece of art.

It's a COMEDY...its not supposed to have a good plot or really have any other purpose than to make you laugh. If you do not like Adam Sandler or Chris Farley

Die in a fire.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AEoHz56jWGY&feature=related

thumbswayup

Smash Master
I'm the first guy to recognize a comedy with no plot being a good movie, provided that it's actually funny. I loved Tropic Thunder for Christ's sake. But I rewatched the Water Boy like 4 years ago when I was 17 and didn't laugh at all. I used to think it was funny a couple of years before that, but that was when I was young and stupid and found the most ******** movies funny.

Nygma

Smash Cadet
All Adam Sandler films have this formula of him getting the girl and having a happy ending.

Every single actor/actresss has the same formula in all their movies. It's all relative

Denzel-hes either a secret agent or some cop
Ferrell-his movies are all the same....i dont need to explain (aside from this one film he did...not stranger than fiction.)

im too lazy to list other people/think of them but every person has their same roles repeated over and over again to no end.

Regardless of if that is a good or a bad thing I honestly believe people from both sides of the movie fantatics (the die hard fim class/study it for a living people and the casuals) really both have horrible opinions.

The film addicts fail to see any real beauty in the just the bread and butter fun stuff. Everything to them is all serious and making a film that is not good, did not take much time to make, have no plot, etc is just a waste of time

while on the other hand

Typical movie bozos have no idea what "film" is and they just think that new age horror, and movies like Napoleon Dynamite are "Sooooo good!" "The funniest movie EVER" etc and in reality have no idea what they are talking about.

You can honestly catch me watching Phantom of The Opera, Anchorman, Clockwork Orange, Requiem For A Dream, The original Dracula with Bela Lagosi, Rosemarys Baby, and Burnt Offerings. I love movies and I believe that like music, each and every aspect of it has its own purpose.

(You just helped prove my point Thumbs. I'll stake my life on it that you despise most comedies beyond recognition. I'm sure Cog will throw in his 50 cents within a few minutes as well. You both see eye to eye with everything)

Aesir

Smash Master
Every single actor/actresss has the same formula in all their movies. It's all relative

Denzel-hes either a secret agent or some cop
Ferrell-his movies are all the same....i dont need to explain (aside from this one film he did...not stranger than fiction.)
Denzel: That debater movie

Remember the titans

I'm sure theres more just off the top of my head.

Ferrell is the same as sanderl

im too lazy to list other people/think of them but every person has their same roles repeated over and over again to no end.
No because there's such a thing as talented actors who play a multitude of roles.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
a good example of a great actor is Robin Williams. He has a classic funnyman role he shared in a few movies, but then he has extremely dramatic spins on the funnyman role, and he has completely dramatic roles, and he has some action/drama roles.

Will Smith is another good example of a great actor. Men in Black I/II/ Bad boys I/II (comedy action) vs. Enemy of the State (action) vs. I am Legend (action/drama) vs. The Legend of Baggar Vance/The Pursuit of Happyness (Drama) vs. Hitch (romantic comedy). He goes the whole circle.

Nygma

Smash Cadet
No offense Swift but are we really going to do the same thing each of us does everyday by posting random youtube links that half of us probably don't watch?

I'm not saying I dont do that sometimes...but at least we are discussing something.

I seriously don't understand how some of you come up with some of these random out of the *** videos.

How do you go about searching or finding these things? Seriously?

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
LOL you could get me talking about *anything* and then ten minutes later get me talking about it again. I forgot we had this conversation.

How about Comics. Have we talked about comics??

MARVEL > all.

Captain America! ZOMBIES! Deadpool!

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
No offense Swift but are we really going to do the same thing each of us does everyday by posting random youtube links that half of us probably don't watch?

I'm not saying I dont do that sometimes...but at least we are discussing something.

I seriously don't understand how some of you come up with some of these random out of the *** videos.

How do you go about searching or finding these things? Seriously?
lawl you must be nuuuuuuuuuuu

trademark0013

Smash Champion
lawl you must be nuuuuuuuuuuu
no nigma is really prince of fire... 'nuff said

and speakin of youtube vids, i'mma be followin this workout plan (dont worry its announced within the first few secs of the video. the rest you can watch if you want

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-jh6sZmD9HY

and yea papito, i kno what ur sayin about the shalow in some things and yea everyone is. maybe shallow isnt the best word, but somehow i kno exactly what u mean

Papito

Smash Journeyman
my day made

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mGxde2a2_iQ

i just read the above messages and holy ****. are we rly bringing up the good actors convo again? srsly guys?
no nigma is really prince of fire... 'nuff said

and speakin of youtube vids, i'mma be followin this workout plan (dont worry its announced within the first few secs of the video. the rest you can watch if you want

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-jh6sZmD9HY

and yea papito, i kno what ur sayin about the shalow in some things and yea everyone is. maybe shallow isnt the best word, but somehow i kno exactly what u mean

lol hey thats the video i posted i just dont follow the routine they showed i do all the kung-fu training too lol

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
my day made

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mGxde2a2_iQ

i just read the above messages and holy ****. are we rly bringing up the good actors convo again? srsly guys?
LOL WOW.
Giant Spiderman Megazord.
**** the japanese.

Also, I watch basically every video posted in this thread.
Unless the beginning or the title of the video isn't cool to me.
-DD

-Nana-

Smash Journeyman
Oh water sucks it really sucks oh yes water sucks it really really sucks.

I suppose you think Billy Madison and Tommy Boy are bad movies too?

You and Cog need to realize that not everything is going to a breakthrough in film and be some incredible piece of art.

It's a COMEDY...its not supposed to have a good plot or really have any other purpose than to make you laugh. If you do not like Adam Sandler or Chris Farley

Die in a fire.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AEoHz56jWGY&feature=related
It's a bad comedy. Movies need good plots otherwise there's almost a 100% chance they'll suck. Have you ever seen Arthur? My Cousin Vinny? Good movie, good acting, good plot but still a comedy so IMO there's really no reason to hold a comedy below the standards of a regular "good movie."

Well there's movies like Borat which is just dumb **** all day which is still very funny but that's different.

thumbswayup

Smash Master
(You just helped prove my point Thumbs. I'll stake my life on it that you despise most comedies beyond recognition. I'm sure Cog will throw in his 50 cents within a few minutes as well. You both see eye to eye with everything)
Whether or not I despise most comedies has nothing to do with the fact that most comedies that are made today are bad. They're bad not because the plot or story is awful, but because they aren't funny. I could care less if a comedy doesn't have a believable plot or not, as long as it has good humor in it I will appreciate it. Talladega Nights was incredibly stupid, but I laughed quite a bit when I saw it and I enjoyed it for the most part. Hot Fuzz doesn't exactly have the most realistic plot, yet I think it's one of the most brilliant comdies I've ever seen.

Are you going to try to convince me that Zoolander is funny now too?

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
Will Ferrel needs to stop. He's put out the same fnucking movie once every 3 months for the past 6-8 years.

Adam Sandler mostly sucks. I can only really say I like the Wedding Singer and that I've been meaning to see Reign Over Me (Don Cheadle is kinda awesome and it's Sandler stepping out of his comfort zone) and Spanglish (heard it was decent, again outside of what he's been doing forever).

Modern Comedy upsets me because so much of it is based on crude humor and slapstick. There's also been a recent resurgence of the "let's make everyone so awkward that they have to laugh to try to feel comfortable" thing with movies like Napolean Dynamite and Borat and Michael Scott on the Office, all of which fall flat and just make me upset that peoples' gut reactions are to laugh. I miss the days when humor could be derived from the plot or come in the form of witty exchanges. God, I can't even remember the last comedy I saw in theaters and was actually happy with...

Nygma

Smash Cadet
Well there's movies like Borat which is just dumb **** all day which is still very funny but that's different.
Borat was the biggest bandwagon movie since Napoleon Dynamite. They are both horrible. Borat was funny BEFORE he went to America then, it just got repetitive and stupid.

Whether or not I despise most comedies has nothing to do with the fact that most comedies that are made today are bad. They're bad not because the plot or story is awful, but because they aren't funny. I could care less if a comedy doesn't have a believable plot or not, as long as it has good humor in it I will appreciate it. Talladega Nights was incredibly stupid, but I laughed quite a bit when I saw it and I enjoyed it for the most part. Hot Fuzz doesn't exactly have the most realistic plot, yet I think it's one of the most brilliant comdies I've ever seen.

Are you going to try to convince me that Zoolander is funny now too?
I really do not need to read your posts anymore. I know everything you are going to say word for word now pretty much.

Will Ferrel needs to stop. He's put out the same fnucking movie once every 3 months for the past 6-8 years.

Modern Comedy upsets me because so much of it is based on crude humor and slapstick.
The same people who watch stupid Modern Comedy and love Will Ferrell elected Obama. :laugh:

-Nana-

Smash Journeyman

Adam Sandler mostly sucks. I can only really say I like the Wedding Singer and that I've been meaning to see Reign Over Me (Don Cheadle is kinda awesome and it's Sandler stepping out of his comfort zone) and Spanglish (heard it was decent, again outside of what he's been doing forever).

Modern Comedy upsets me because so much of it is based on crude humor and slapstick. There's also been a recent resurgence of the "let's make everyone so awkward that they have to laugh to try to feel comfortable" thing with movies like Napolean Dynamite and Borat and Michael Scott on the Office, all of which fall flat and just make me upset that peoples' gut reactions are to laugh. I miss the days when humor could be derived from the plot or come in the form of witty exchanges. God, I can't even remember the last comedy I saw in theaters and was actually happy with...
QFT.

No Reign Over Me is amazing. It's very sad and nothing like a normal Sandler movie. I don't think I've ever seen a comedy in theaters that I've actually appreciated as a decent movie honestly.

My absolute least favorite form of recent comedy are movies like Super Bad, Pineapple Express etc. Anything with that douche bag Seth Rogen makes me sick to my stomach. They're movies made soley for 16 year old kids who think constant vulgarity is the pinical of humor. I hate those movies soooo much how is here **** 50 times in five minutes funny?

Pof- Borat was unintellegent pointless humor somewhat like jack *** and it was definately funny to me. I don't know how you can compare The Waterboy to Borat and say it was better. Would you agree that they both have little to no value as for as plot and acting go? Both films aimed to simply make you laugh but Borat did it better.

Nygma

Smash Cadet
QFT.

No Reign Over Me is amazing. It's very sad and nothing like a normal Sandler movie. I don't think I've ever seen a comedy in theaters that I've actually appreciated as a decent movie honestly.

My absolute least favorite form of recent comedy are movies like Super Bad, Pineapple Express etc. Anything with that douche bag Seth Rogen makes me sick to my stomach. They're movies made soley for 16 year old kids who think constant vulgarity is the pinical of humor. I hate those movies soooo much how is here **** 50 times in five minutes funny?

Pof- Borat was unintellegent pointless humor somewhat like ******* and it was definately funny to me. I don't know how you can compare The Waterboy to Borat and say it was better. Would you agree that they both have little to no value as for as plot and acting go? Both films aimed to simply make you laugh but Borat did it better.
The point of comedy is simply to bring out your inner child and just to make you laugh. Over analyzing Comedy is not necessary at all. I just hate over hyped films...and then when I see them they suck. Thats the only aspect of comedies that I despise. Otherwise, judging an debating about what comedies are funnier is just.....stupid. Comedy is simply meant to be the most basic cut and paste aspect of film. There is no plot twist, no special effects, no aspect of it based on novel, (except if its a childrens comedy mainly)and theres really no point in film makers creating it other than to have fun.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
Borat was the biggest bandwagon movie since Napoleon Dynamite. They are both horrible. Borat was funny BEFORE he went to America then, it just got repetitive and stupid.
Sacha Baron Cohen is a very funny dude, but his characters are at their best in 5-10 minute intervals. More than 5 minutes of Borat is too much, which is why the movie fell flat but the character was rather amazing in Da Ali G Show.

The same people who watch stupid Modern Comedy and love Will Ferrell elected Obama. :laugh:
I'm sorry, but I thought the biggest pro-Obama people in this thread were myself, Thumbs and Cog who all seem to be hating on Modern Comedy (not Cog yet, but I'm sure he does). Please keep your "lol Obama supporters are stupid and just like him cause he's black" rhetoric to yourself. Seriously, you don't wanna get me on a tirade about this.

Top Bottom