• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Connecticut Player Finder: We're better than you <3

Aesir

Smash Master
there's other whackos who want this.

However I'm just stressing doing this would open up a can of worms that this state really doesn't need. It better not pass cause I'm going to punch everyone who voted yes in the face.

I don't really think it's inaccurate because the Christian Right is lobbying this just as much as the other whackos.

Prince Of Fire

Smash Lord
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=7112063&
I agree that those Brawl Power Rankings need to just be put up. I also think that the Melee Power Rankings need to be updated. As much as I feel the Brawl Power Rankings are pretty much pointless because only like five people in the CT Thread actually care about Brawl....they still should be put up to increase the incoming players into the community. (As much as I hate to say I want Brawl players in the community.) Look at this way-A new smasher comes into this thread and takes a look at it....they see out dated information and old Melee power rankings, what would they think? "Wow, this thread is not that active....probably not best to post here." ...Or, something along those lines. We have enough valid current Melee AND Brawl results to formulate this information and we all know this. If our current panelists are not up to the job of gathering this information I suggest we re-elect new panelists. No offense to anyone, but step it the F up guys. This thread would be 290324209254X better if we just had relevant discussions EVERY NOW AND THEN. I'm all for spam and random talk but some relevant topics would definitely spice this thread up more.

No one in CT is competitive partially due to the fact that its the lack of attitude on this thread and the lack of accurate PR. Yeah, that is not the ENTIRE reason and it may not even be a BIG part of it but it definitely is a contribution to it.

I think that Trademark, Mogwai, Awsmsean, ZK, Mike Money, and myself are the most dedicated into growing and getting better. I'm not judging any of us on skill, but just by what im sensing in terms of determination. (Noodles: You would have been included but lately you seem to show less interest due to the recent talk of the Hamden Brawl players and the introduction and idea of the new Brawl PR thread.)

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
Maybe the most ironic thing about the internet is that such a terrible meme as "OVER 9000" actually caught on.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
Awesome, I'll do that once I actually get good at the game lol. There's like 3 or so smashers I'll play tonight who absolutely **** in the game. I got destroyed by them all last time. I figure I want to be a Protoss main because I have the most fun with them. Who do you use the most?
I play zerg and can play terran. I'm not really familiar with good protoss build orders so I just fail whenever I go toss which means I just don't go toss anymore. I like terran, but I suck at controlling medic/marine vs. zerg, so I just gave up on them in favor of zerg since I have way better control over my zerg army (even with the drop off in my apm as zerg).

thumbswayup

Smash Master
I play zerg and can play terran. I'm not really familiar with good protoss build orders so I just fail whenever I go toss which means I just don't go toss anymore. I like terran, but I suck at controlling medic/marine vs. zerg, so I just gave up on them in favor of zerg since I have way better control over my zerg army (even with the drop off in my apm as zerg).
Ah, yes I'm glad you use Zerg because I hate playing them, but love playing against them. I usually just build an army of Dark Templar and Carriers against Zerg if they don't rush me :)

The Dragon

Smash Journeyman
^ Don't tell that to ICY he'll mm you in WC3 LOL
hahah i actually woudnt mind it but i havent playd in a while so i'd need to de rustify myself... but i dont own frozen thrown still so i'd have to be the original but that something for another day lol

edit: zergling rushes are very gay

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
edit: zergling rushes are very bad
yes, they certainly are. 6 speedling harass is OK, but I find it's usually better to 12 hatch -> fast lair tech. All in ling rushes (4/5/6 pool) are terrible because they can be beaten by good worker control.

@Thumbs, don't build Carriers except once in a blue moon vs. Terran (when you can hide the fleet beacon and stargates and time your carrier attack vs. their Factory push), other than that, they're far too pricey for not enough punch.

thumbswayup

Smash Master
Really? I always thought carriers *****. Plus I saw a vid of Nal Ra (best protoss player I think?) using them to **** his opponent. How does a Factory push work? And is building a lot of Archons a good idea? I think they're a pretty amazing unit.

edit- LOL Dragon one of my friends almost always zergling rushes. All you have to do is build one or two photon cannons near the entrances to your base and it'll stop them dead.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
Really? I always thought carriers *****. Plus I saw a vid of Nal Ra (best protoss player I think?) using them to **** his opponent. How does a Factory push work? And is building a lot of Archons a good idea? I think they're a pretty amazing unit.

edit- LOL Dragon one of my friends almost always zergling rushes. All you have to do is build one or two photon cannons near the entrances to your base and it'll stop them dead.
Archons = really good vs. Zerg, especially against stacked mutalisks. Other than that, eh, they're OK but I wouldn't really recommend a lot of them. You'll see good Toss players bring HTs to Psi Storm the opponent and then merge them once they're out of mana.

Stork is probably the best Toss player and the scraft metagame is constantly evolving so seeing old strats is only slightly useful at best.

Cannons are meant for mineral lines, not entrances. You can't really block zerglings from just running past the cannons and ****** your workers.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
i always played wc3 but everyone tells me starcraft is way better so i bought it but i never played it because i feel like im 20 years behind everyone else LOL
that's where I was 3 months ago and now I find it unbelievably fun. if you feel like trying to get into it, I can give the crash course on how to not completely suck (unless you want to main Toss :p).

The Dragon

Smash Journeyman
well i dont use protoss, they are to confusing... but yah i hate wasting supplies on turrets.. it doesnt really help that much...but i meant the more powerful unit.. i dont remember what its calld cuz i havent playd in like 3-5 years but they hatch out of eggs and ****.. its pretty beastly my friend did it all the frickin time.. hold on ill look it up and figure out exactly what im talking about.. also mogwai i'd take you up on the crash course if your ofer extends to me as well.. once i find my copy/get internet back lol

and yes sc > wc3

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
well i dont use protoss, they are to confusing... but yah i hate wasting supplies on turrets.. i meant the more powerful unit.. i dont remember what its calld cuz i havent playd in like 3-5 years but they hatch out of eggs and ****.. its pretty beastly my friend did it all the frickin time.. hold on ill look it up and figure out exactly what im talking about
you're talking lurkers (I think)

hatch = hatchery = where zerg babies come from.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
Ok, but what's a factory push? And stacked mutalisk?
Factory push is when the Terran player is pushing towards your base with a **** ton of Factory units (Tanks/Goliaths/Vultures). Terran Factory units are by far the most powerful units for their supply, but unless they see carriers on the way, the makeup of the push will typically only involve a few Goliaths to pick off observers vs. toss.

Stacking mutas is selecting a bunch of mutas (9 or 11 usually) and 1 ol or ground unit on the other side of the map and using them as a group so that all the mutalisks will stack on top of each other to look sorta like 1 mutalisk. This makes controlling them way easier and can do very dirty things while harassing.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
A fact push is just a dumber way of saying timing push which is macroing and punishing your opponent when they would be setting up their expo and therefore not in possesion of a lot of units.

Muta stacking is grouping in overlord into your muta's so they stay together and make it hard to target just one.

/basic definitions.

edit: :( at Mogwai

thumbswayup

Smash Master
Ooooh thanks. What's a good strategy when using the Terran against a Zerg player who likes to zergling rush/attack with stacked mutalisks?

edit- Yeah Dragon it HAS to be Lurkers you're referring to. I know the feeling, I hate those little *******s.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Mogwai I'd like to point out I'll play you when I get a mouse, I used to play religiously. And got rather good.

Then my mouse broke -_-

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Ooooh thanks. What's a good strategy when using the Terran against a Zerg player who likes to zergling rush/attack with stacked mutalisks?

edit- Yeah Dragon it HAS to be Lurkers you're referring to. I know the feeling, I hate those little *******s.

SK Terran, although you probably don't have the APM for that at this point you need like a steady 200 APM

but basically you want to go Bio with Vessel support to irradate.

I can help you out if you need ^_^.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
Mogwai I'd like to point out I'll play you when I get a mouse, I used to play religiously. And got rather good.

Then my mouse broke -_-
lol, no johns, I play with a default microsoft mouse on a laptop. you and zoso need to man up and start playing again asap. Hopefully you're like, right below PockyD level because he's rigged and even when I get big early advantages, I somehow always manage to lose to him... :\

The Dragon

Smash Journeyman

yah thats a possibility too.. argh i need to start playing again.. that game is too great

KevinM has a legitimate john.. i use to play wc3 with a touchpad... it is like impossible to do anything right

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
SK Terran, although you probably don't have the APM for that at this point you need like a steady 200 APM

You don't need 200 apm to do it, more like > 120ish. Once you're over that point, you can pretty much do anything, you'll just be a little less effective with it. I find that the APMs I'm adding now that I'm steadily over 100 are producing way diminishing returns compared to the 60-100 APMs.

EDIT: touchpad's not a john, that's totally legit, lol. sorry, thought you were one of those guys that's like, way too picky with gaming mice.

thumbswayup

Smash Master

Thanks, I'm also trying to learn Terran. I like both Terran and Protoss and I don't really care for the Zerg although I suppose it'd be good if I learn a bit about them as well. Is it true that the science vessel's EMP shockwave takes out all of the Pylons and Protoss units shields in the vicinity? That's just what I've heard, don't know if it's true.

pockyD

Smash Legend
psh, new age terran just gets valkyries

emp radius is so small that it's rarely useful for shield-nuking (except maybe against carriers)

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
I can't do SK Terran as consistently as I want to and my APM hovers around 180.

I can do it but its not as effective as I would like it. Hi Pocky ^_^.

Top Bottom